It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Battle

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by duh squared
Don't let the system get ya down man.
Im with you Ice, make waves, just make sure you don't get in so much trouble they put you in military school
!

Once you are out of school, you don't need accept any bs that tries to inhibit you from expressing who you are.

That really helps a lot! I was getting depressed when some of the people on here were saying it was futile to try and change the system. But you give me hope. Thank you!

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Originally posted by iceofspades

That really helps a lot! I was getting depressed when some of the people on here were saying it was futile to try and change the system. But you give me hope. Thank you!

Well, the important thing is that you think for yourself, even in an environment which encourages conformity. Keep setting off those "independent thought alarms" for the time being...

Maybe you can document the hypocracy and BS around you and one day turn it into something of entertainment for others to see...you know, like make a comic, or do some comedic writing (you seem to be a good writer), take photos or film stuff (if you can sneak that in) or something.

It'll make you feel like a spy on the side of good !

[edit on 6-12-2004 by duh squared]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by duh squared

Maybe you can document the hypocracy and BS around you and one day turn it into something of entertainment for others to see...you know, like make a comic, or do some comedic writing (you seem to be a good writer), take photos or film stuff (if you can sneak that in) or something.

Hehe...that's a good idea. I might take you up on it. *Contemplates*

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
People have the right to send their kids to a conservative school, and so long as its private they have the right to make you dress almost any way they like. If you don't like the school take it up with your parents not the school administration.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by sinatracementshoes
People have the right to send their kids to a conservative school, and so long as its private they have the right to make you dress almost any way they like. If you don't like the school take it up with your parents not the school administration.

Exactly. Sorry, but you have absolutely no case here. The Catholic school is a private organization and can set any standards they want to for their members. If you don't like it, go to a public school.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The point is that you are going to a Catholic Private School. They are a "Set" religious group and they are not going to try to bend thier views because of one individual. They must contain a vigourous set of rules to keep their school looking nice and proper. If you disagree with their policy YOU should leave because everyone else is doing fine except for you. Nowhere in history does a society change for 1 person (except for dictatorship) but it changes for the masses and where the masses want to go. (in a democratic society) So even if your Catholic school had some sort of council set up i doubt if your vote would change the rulings. (it could happen)

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeHead
The point is that you are going to a Catholic Private School. They are a "Set" religious group and they are not going to try to bend thier views because of one individual.

Considering my past experience, that is entirely not true. Last year I changed multiple rules at my school singlehandely. For one, I was able to have the no-denim-rule repealed. After that I convinced the school to make mass (church) non-mandatory. Then, for kicks, I had a salad bar put in place.

So as you can see, this "set" religious group is not inflexible, and yes; one man has changed the system's views.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
lol nice hey spades is that ur picture on ur profile? im surprised you got anything done lol jk with ya..... anyways yes but its not like you are bending the Church's core values with salad bars and jeans. Gay issues and stuff like that are alot different.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeHead
lol nice hey spades is that ur picture on ur profile? im surprised you got anything done lol jk with ya..... anyways yes but its not like you are bending the Church's core values with salad bars and jeans. Gay issues and stuff like that are alot different.

...when did gay issues have anything to do with this?

Anyway, you've been banned as I suspected you would have been some time ago. End of discussion.

[edit on 1-2-2005 by iceofspades]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Ice.
I kind of agree that a private school can set just about any codes they and get away with it because they are private. But you are being the catlast of change, and it sounds like you are makeing a difference. So keep up the good work Ice. You are one of the ones that will hopefully make life better for all of us!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join