It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4000 year old tomb unearthed in Egypt

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I came across this article and thought it is pretty cool for ATS. Spanish Archaelogists have uncovered a 4,000 year old tomb in Egypt which is littered with bodies (skeletons).

Spanish archaeologists say they have unearthed a 4,000-year-old tomb littered with human remains in the Egyptian city of Luxor, from a time when pharaohs reunified ancient Egypt. A 65-foot-long (20-meter-long) hallway runs underground to a square burial chamber, the archaeologists said.

I think it's kinda neat that Archaelogists are STILL finding things under the ground in Egypt. I'd thought they'd found everything. Now, I'm wondering just how much stuff remains buried. There must be an awful lot of stuff there, some of which commoners never hear about. Why doesn't someone just use ground penetrating radar to find everything that's still hidden?

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

That is very cool, i would love to work in this area of expertise.Thank you for posting

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Dude, I've heard that they have only found about 1% of what's there. There's still TONS to find. Things can get buried so easily in the desert. Any random spot could potentially have treasure beneath. Most of it may never be found or at least not soon.

Thanks for bringing this here!

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Interesting. What ruler was in charge about that time? I wonder if it was sort of a prison...like hell...where they stuck you in and left you to die.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Interesting. What ruler was in charge about that time? I wonder if it was sort of a prison...like hell...where they stuck you in and left you to die.

They're saying 11th Dynasty. According to what's on Wikipedia, that would have been one of these:

Intef the Elder
Mentuhotep I
Intef I
Intef II
Intef III
Mentuhotep II
Mentuhotep III
Mentuhotep IV

The Eleventh Dynasty of ancient Egypt (notated Dynasty XI) is a well attested group of rulers, whose earlier members before Mentuhotep II are grouped with the four preceding dynasties to form the First Intermediate Period, while the later members are considered part of the Middle Kingdom. They all ruled from Thebes.

The relative chronology of the 11th dynasty is well established by contemporary attestations and, except for count Intef and Metuhotep IV, by the Turin canon:[1]

Sometimes it feels like the world is so well mapped and explored that there is nothing of the unknown left but finds like this one remind us that there are still interesting (and sometimes macabre) places and things out there waiting to be discovered.
edit on 2014-6-9 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

That is what I get from it. There's a lot more to be found out there. We've probably only touched the surface.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Thanks for posting that. I have been researching other stuff. None of those names seem familiar to me, I didn't actually research Egypt that much. It's strange that I actually have not researched Egypt's gods or leaders very much considering I have researched so many other ancient cultures.. I never really cared for the old TV movies about Egypt, I suppose that shifted my focus now.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I'm sure there are still many things to be found. There are people in Egypt who take metal detectors out into the desert to look for gold, and sometimes they find it too. And not gold found in its natural state, but gold from earlier periods in human history. "Circulated" if you will. Granted that doing this in Egypt is highly illegal, but it is still cool to know this stuff is still out there.

top topics

join