It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush and Christians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right category--mods, feel free to move as you see fit.

I know a lot of people assume that if you're a Christian, you voted for Bush. That's not necessarily the case. I know other Christians who voted for Michael Peroutka--Constitution Party. Mostly they're fellow Independent Baptists.

I don't think Bush is a Christian. Look at how he acts. He was in that Skull and Bones cult. He's for gay civil unions, and he's not 100% pro-life. I could not vote for him in good conscience. I searched around for other political parties and stumbled upon the Constitution Party web site, at www.constitutionparty.com... . Now I like these guys. They would get rid of the Patriot Act and bring our troops home. There is also a CP member in the Senate--I believe his name is Jore. That's the Independent that's mentioned on the news.

If there's a Republican I'd vote for, it's Ron Paul, a representative from Texas. He goes by the Constitution.

At any rate, you might want to check out the Bush Revealed site at www.bushrevealed.com... .

Why Christians voted for Bush--including just about everyone in my church but me--is way beyond me. Wakey wakey!

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
hold on a second...are you actually saying that NOT being a bigot (condemning gays) makes you un-christian? Silly me. I was under the impression that being christian meant that you believe in God and the doctrine of christianity. Are there any christian gays, Amethyst?

[edit on 30-11-2004 by General Zapata]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
There are many Christians who aren't against gay marriage, as well as Christians who are pro-choice. You may also be shocked to learn that there are many homosexuals who are Christians! *gasp*

I don't think it's right to say Bush isn't a real Christian...what do you know?

[edit on 11/30/2004 by Lecky]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Now I didn't post that to start a flame war.

I'm asking why Bible-believing Christians voted for Bush, who BTW said that he doesn't believe half the Bible himself.

I'm talking about Bush pulling the wool over Christians' eyes, and I merely stated my reasons for not voting for him. That's what I want to discuss.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
You are right is many Christians out there that are open minded and their religious believes do not affect their way of thinking.

But the ones you have to be aware and even the Christians with open mind and understanding needs to keep and eye on is the religious fundamentalist, if you think Islamic fundamentalist are bad think again, every time I see a post in which a so call "Christian" encourage hatred and the killing of people from the middle east because they are not like them those are the ones I am talking about.

A compassionated Christian is not in that category. Now about Mr. Bush I think he is all show.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
You are right is many Christians out there that are open minded and their religious believes do not affect their way of thinking.

But the ones you have to be aware and even the Christians with open mind and understanding needs to keep and eye on is the religious fundamentalist, if you think Islamic fundamentalist are bad think again, every time I see a post in which a so call "Christian" encourage hatred and the killing of people from the middle east because they are not like them those are the ones I am talking about.

A compassionated Christian is not in that category. Now about Mr. Bush I think he is all show.

I'm a fundamentalist Christian and I see no good reason to go around killing Muslims. Just because they believe differently.

A Christian should use the Bible as a guide. The Bible condemns homosexuality, fornication, etc. etc. Now when you get a professing Christian that doesn't believe what the Bible says, what do you have?

A hypocrite.

BTW calling a behavior wrong is not hate. Seems to me there's more of a problem with gays and gay activists hating Christians.

At any rate, this is getting off topic.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right category--mods, feel free to move as you see fit.

I know a lot of people assume that if you're a Christian, you voted for Bush. That's not necessarily the case. I know other Christians who voted for Michael Peroutka--Constitution Party. Mostly they're fellow Independent Baptists.

I don't think Bush is a Christian. Look at how he acts. He was in that Skull and Bones cult. He's for gay civil unions, and he's not 100% pro-life. I could not vote for him in good conscience. I searched around for other political parties and stumbled upon the Constitution Party web site, at www.constitutionparty.com... . Now I like these guys. They would get rid of the Patriot Act and bring our troops home. There is also a CP member in the Senate--I believe his name is Jore. That's the Independent that's mentioned on the news.

If there's a Republican I'd vote for, it's Ron Paul, a representative from Texas. He goes by the Constitution.

At any rate, you might want to check out the Bush Revealed site at www.bushrevealed.com... .

Why Christians voted for Bush--including just about everyone in my church but me--is way beyond me. Wakey wakey!

a lot of people also think if you're NOT a christian you didn't vote for Bush, and, well, i can't EXACTLY prove them wrong, but here's my thing- i am an atheist and i would have voted for Bush if i had gotten up off my ass, but being the lazy Texan that i am, i didn't think it would matter much and the exit polls pretty well proved that, what, something like 70/30 in favor of Bush in Texas? yeah.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I don't know if he is a christian or not that is between him and God, but I know I am and I surely didn't vote for him

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Any self-respecting christian wouldn't vote for a man who supports the destruction of human life.

If I were christian, I would be ashamed to call myself a bush supporter, and would probably look for a new church if mine had asked me to support bush and his murderous regime.

top topics

join