It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House reportedly let Bergdahl parents take part in secure video conferences....WTF??????

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I'll take 8 letter manufactured scandals that start with B for 1,000 Alex!

The United States does everything in it's power to bring POWs home, always has. Wasn't the GOP bitching about this before his release? Railing at Obama's non-action? If the guy did something wrong let him face a court martial. Goodness. Bergdahls unit was yet another rumored to have been practicing atrocities against Afghans, if he defected I can see why. It's still a crime but that doesn't mean we should leave him there at the mercy of the Taliban.

You know what's sad? The state of the VA. And, sure I'm positive Obama was trying to put a caring face on about veterans by bringing this POW home... but is this what we should be focusing on? There is huge support from people on all sides to fix the VA. Can't we focus on that? How many thousands of vets are facing no to inadequate health and mental health care? How many are homeless? How many commit suicide every single fking day?

Now here we are, our ingrained hatred for our ideologically different, fellow Americans, teased out of us with the tiniest of prods and leading us around by the noses... again.

How many vets will end their own lives today, while you sit, stewing and raging over one POW? Our people deserve more and better from each of us. It honestly brings me to tears.
edit on 6/9/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

manufactured scandal

Shouldn't we wait until he has his day in court.... before we call him a POW? He is an alleged deserter.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: Vasa Croe

But. . . .

Didn't Obama say that they couldn't inform, consult congress because they had to move quickly because the guy was sick?

Looks like this has been in the works for a while.

Obama must have thought he was supposed to insult Congress, because that is what he did.
He must have misread the law.

insult congress??.....he would need another 4 years just to get even in that department....besides with congress getting single digit favorable ratings, more than 90% are joining in the act of insulting congress

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

No we shouldn't.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: Vasa Croe

But. . . .

Didn't Obama say that they couldn't inform, consult congress because they had to move quickly because the guy was sick?

Looks like this has been in the works for a while.

Obama must have thought he was supposed to insult Congress, because that is what he did.
He must have misread the law.

insult congress??.....he would need another 4 years just to get even in that department....besides with congress getting single digit favorable ratings, more than 90% are joining in the act of insulting congress

I didn't say that insulting Congress is a bad thing.
I just made the observation that he did insult them by sharing info with the Bergdahl parents when it was 'too sensitive' to share with Congress.... when he was obligated by law to share it with Congress.
edit on bu302014-06-09T10:39:10-05:0010America/ChicagoMon, 09 Jun 2014 10:39:10 -050010u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

No we shouldn't.

Ahhh, ok.
I am used to hearing that we need to find out all the facts before we jump to any conclusions.

Since the govt is involved, I don't expect to get the facts.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Something seems sinister with this whole story start to (un)finish. It reminds me of the missing Malaysia plane. No one is really sure what is going on - we just know it's going on.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

It doesn't matter, he's innocent until proven guilty, he's an American and was held, locked in a cage for 5 years by the Taliban... that makes him a prisoner of war. Getting POWs home should always be a priority, regardless of any other circumstances.

22 Vets commit suicide a day. Can't we focus on that, together?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I didn't say that insulting Congress is a bad thing.
I just made the observation that he did insult them by sharing info with the Bergdahl parents when it was 'too sensitive' to share with Congress.... when he was obligated by law to share it with Congress.

And where in the article does it say that Obama shared information with the Bergdahls that he didn't share with congress???

You guys just can't make things up and state them like they are facts.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

It doesn't matter what the guy did, he's an American and was held, locked in a cage for 5 years by the Taliban... that makes him a prisoner of war. Getting POWs home should always be a priority, regardless of any other circumstances.

I think we should stop going to such places with our boots on the ground and support our vets as much as we can.

That said, Obama has a bit of a problem here from my pov. He doesn't care about a young American that isn't accused of anything being killed when his American father is targeted by a drone strike... when the father hasn't been given a chance to face a jury of his peers..... But he will break the law to 'save' Bergdahl.... after letting him languish for years.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

It doesn't matter what the guy did, he's an American and was held, locked in a cage for 5 years by the Taliban... that makes him a prisoner of war. Getting POWs home should always be a priority, regardless of any other circumstances.

I think we should stop going to such places with our boots on the ground and support our vets as much as we can.

That said, Obama has a bit of a problem here from my pov. He doesn't care about a young American that isn't accused of anything being killed when his American father is targeted by a drone strike... when the father hasn't been given a chance to face a jury of his peers..... But he will break the law to 'save' Bergdahl.... after letting him languish for years.

In my mind it's much the same. al-Alwaki should never have been on a kill list, Americans are protected by the Constitution... they must be proven guilty before punished or killed for any crime. To say that the drone strike was wrong and then say Bergdahl should be left captive by the Taliban makes no sense and Obama has broken no laws by securing his release.

Edit: Anyway, I'm not wasting more time on this. I'd rather discuss what to do about the VA, or solutions to creating so many Vets to begin with. It just really irks me to see this blown up in order to quell the justified outrage over the VA.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
And now you are saying that the father is in with the Taliban.

That poster has a valid point. The father obviously has 'issues'. No one in their right mind goes and hugs on the extreme radical religion that 'kidnapped and tortured' their child. But this father did. He adopted their look, their attitude, their prayers and language, and is calling for more help to the extremists ... more radical Islamic terrorists to be released. That's not a normal reaction.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

The United States does everything in it's power to bring POWs home, always has.

He's a self professed deserter ... not a POW. This exchange didn't sound like a POW exchange, but more like an excuse for Obama to start letting his GITMO guys go and not follow the rule of law to do so.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

A POW isn't always a soldier.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Hate to say it, but it sure looks like Barry has the hots for Mrs. B!
...(Might explain those top secret briefings).

Judge for yourself:
littlegreenfootballs.com...

Just sayin'.
amradaronline.files.wordpress.com...
edit on 9-6-2014 by IAMTAT because: photo added

edit on 9-6-2014 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Prisoner of military police action.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It's so the stupid, the things that bring up right-wing rage. If it's not a muslim center in New York, it's no-guns allowed at Chipotle, or a ban on cigarettes, or a guy with the wrong kind of beard.

It's getting to a point where every time Republicans get angry about something its viewed as "oh, you mean the gun-toting, money worshiping, racist, bible-banging, science deniers--- they have something new to say? Oh, we should all definitely listen."

Anyway, carry on with your anger against terrorist muslim parents infiltrating the U.S. government.
edit on 9-6-2014 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

a reply to: FlyersFan

A POW he is not.
A POS he is.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

True enough. I'll give you that one.

Let's call him what he is .... a deserter who was with the Taliban.
Maybe against his will and maybe not. We probably won't ever know the truth.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
'I've Had Enough:' When Democrats Quit on Obama
www.nationaljournal.com...

I think he does things out of spite
edit on 123030p://bMonday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join