It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shootings new phenomenon but an old old problem.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
What I find disturbing is the idea seeping into talk about mass-shootings is that it is a sign of the times. When a society refuses to put all possible solutions on the table for discussion, it is easier to just call it "inevitable". They would rather that than put gun ownership on the table for discussion.

It isn't inevitable. There is some things that could be done. But there is not enough political will or public outcry to say "Enough", "No more".

In another thread right now on ATS a discussion is going on because a member is disturbed that the ability of the community to report a potentially disturbed or dangerous person is being discussed.

Nothing will change until people are genuinely prepared to debate any and all solutions.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
What I find disturbing is the idea seeping into talk about mass-shootings is that it is a sign of the times. When a society refuses to put all possible solutions on the table for discussion, it is easier to just call it "inevitable". They would rather that than put gun ownership on the table for discussion.

It isn't inevitable. There is some things that could be done. But there is not enough political will or public outcry to say "Enough", "No more".

In another thread right now on ATS a discussion is going on because a member is disturbed that the ability of the community to report a potentially disturbed or dangerous person is being discussed.

Nothing will change until people are genuinely prepared to debate any and all solutions.

I don't own a gun, but I live in a small city that is surprisingly very violent for its size.

We can talk about gun ownership we want, it doesn't change the fact that people will get guns by any means possible. Just because some of us are law abiding citizens does not mean everyone is. You simply cannot take away the right for everyone to have guns, you are going to have to address the core, fundamental issue and that is some people simply are violent and are going to be violent no matter what. That is the issue that no one wants to address, because God forbid we should say there is a problem with peoples' hearts.

If we want to limit gun ownership to reduce mass shootings, then let's not allow men and women to live together so it reduces domestic violence. Let's not allow adults to live with children to reduce child abuse. And let's not let people drive cars so it will reduce road rage.

Violence is the issue, not guns, cars, living together or having children. And if people are violent, why are they violent?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join