It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SC (D) sample ballot question about banning online gaming!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I thought they were talking about online video games. They're talking about online gambling. /Thread. I have no opinion.

However:

They are coming for your video games.

Disregard:

Democratic Question 1
Do you believe each state – not Congress – should decide for itself whether to allow online gaming and determine how to
regulate online gaming in their state

Is this the kind of crap that democrats sit around and think about all day?! Whether or not online gaming should be allowed?! Get out of here with that crap!

Stop trying to run my life according to your petty ideals, democrats! We don't need to outlaw online gaming. We need to outlaw you!

edit on 8-6-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

A misinterpretation of what I'm protesting (The reply below):

originally posted by: MrSpad
So your a conservative against state rights and pro more federal regulation? Now that is ironic.

No. I'm all for states rights. And I'm against more federal regulation. I'm against both states and congress even thinking about touching online gaming.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
So your a conservative against state rights and pro more federal regulation? Now that is ironic.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

No. I'm all for states rights. And I'm against more federal regulation. I'm against both states and congress even thinking about touching online gaming. You're misinterpreting what I'm protesting here.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

No. I'm all for states rights. And I'm against more federal regulation. I'm against both states and congress even thinking about touching online gaming. You're misinterpreting what I'm protesting here.

The Democrats are asking if you think the states should decide online gambling regulations instead of congress. You do told them to go away with that. The reason they are asking this is because Congress members from both parties want to pass a bill regulating online gaming (and I hope we all know this means online gambling not video games). Why you ask?

Well in 2011 the evil Democrat appointed Attorney General Eric Holde said that the 1961 law Congress was using to control onling gaming only covered Sport Gambling and no other. Since then 3 states have legalized non sports related online gaming. Republican leadership along with some democrats want to pass a new bill that would return power to Congress over online gaming. Democtatic leaders and some Republicans think this should be decided at the state level so the states who have legalized it can keep it legal (the 3 states that have made it legal lean Democrat) So the DNC wants to see if it has enough public support to kill the bill.

So it would seem you want to let the DNC know that this should be decided by the states and they should oppose the GOP on this issue. Then again that would make you dirty democrat. You sure are in a pickle.
edit on 8-6-2014 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

(and I hope we all know this means online gambling not video games).

Oh. lmao. I feel stupid. They should have said, "online gambling".

I have no opinion on gambling. Sorry people. You can take your flags back.

But don't think they're not coming for your video games:

www.gpo.gov...

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I have no opinion on gambling.

You do have an opinion, you just don't want to share it. Your avatar however says that you believe in personal responsibility, so your opinion can be derived from that, assuming you're not hypocritical and don't cherry pick where people should have personal responsibility and where they shouldn't.

EDIT: and in fact I would argue that online gaming can be just as costly and addictive as online gambling. People spend huge amounts of money on virtual items, and they usually cannot cash them in without resorting to the black market. They also have no chance of getting back more than they put in.
edit on 8/6/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

You do have an opinion, you just don't want to share it.

No. I really don't. If anything, I would still say that online gambling needs to be left alone as well and open for anyone who wants it, but I really don't know enough about gambling to say that.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

No. I really don't. If anything, I would still say that online gambling needs to be left alone as well and open for anyone who wants it, but I really don't know enough about gambling to say that.

Online gambling is already illegal in many parts of the world, including most US states if I recall correctly.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

Hahahahahaha...

Thanks, I needed that.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

You do have an opinion, you just don't want to share it.

I remember back in the 60/70's (uk) many families were poor because so many people were addicted to gambling. Much money and effort was spent trying to rid our country of this destructive addiction. Sadly, now its coming back in a big way. Hight street stores close down and reopen as betting shops, and online gambling is so easy that thousands can be lost with a few clicks on a smart phone.

Gambling is a mugs game, and it causes misery to all those who get hooked, I say ban it!

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Funny, the majority on ATS are all about "get the F*&^* out of my live government bastards and let me live my life the way I choose". Yet when these people agree with the particular agenda of government interference, they're all like "yeah, come on in government, pass those laws, tell me what I can and can't do".

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
Funny, the majority on ATS are all about "get the F*&^* out of my live government bastards and let me live my life the way I choose". Yet when these people agree with the particular agenda of government interference, they're all like "yeah, come on in government, pass those laws, tell me what I can and can't do".

I agree, government should butt out of our lives. However, as I said up^^there, I remember whole families being poor because the bread winner was addicted to gambling!
There are somethings we just dont need in our lives and I think gambling is one of them, all it does is funnel money to the wealthy.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
DP.
edit on 8-6-2014 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

There are somethings we just dont need in our lives and I think gambling is one of them, all it does is funnel money to the wealthy.

What you think is irrelevant. I will gamble with my money if I choose to do so, regardless of what you or the government thinks about it.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Yeah. Tbh, if there are people that shouldn't gamble because it ruins their lives and the lives of those around them, they shouldn't gamble because it ruins their lives and the lives of those around them. But if you can't control yourself, that's your own personal problem. Its not my problem. So the government shouldn't make it my problem. I am against banning gambling at the state AND the federal levels. Officially.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

originally posted by: StoutBroux

I agree, government should butt out of our lives. However, as I said up^^there, I remember whole families being poor because the bread winner was addicted to gambling!

well then while they are at it they should ban alcohol as it ruins lives,ban sugar as it makes people fat,ban motorbikes as people die riding them.....cmon everything in this world we live in is designed to make the wealthy wealthier....what ever happened to personal responsibility ?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

well then while they are at it they should ban alcohol as it ruins lives,ban sugar as it makes people fat,ban motorbikes as people die riding them.....cmon everything in this world we live in is designed to make the wealthy wealthier....what ever happened to personal responsibility ?

Check out the majority of my posts and you'll find I'm 100% against government running our lives. I get it!
However, as I said above, I've seen many lives ruined by gambling.

You say "what ever happened to personal responsibility"
Would you be happy knowing the guy who lives next door to you experiments with explosives in his basement?
You'll probably tell me that's different because it affects YOU if it should explode.
So..
Ask the children who grew up in a family where the bread winner spent their food money on his gambling addiction, ask them what choice they had when they were hungry!

So what about the guy next door? As far as he's concerned he's personally being responsible, are you happy about that? or should someone step in and make him stop?

If it were not addictive then fine, it wouldn't bother me none if people want to throw their money away. Unfortunately we know it's VERY addictive, and it wrecks families and causes suffering to innocent people.

To be honest I really dont know what the answer is. Government most definitely should butt out of our lives. On the other hand I'll always stand up for the innocent being harmed by others actions, and harm is caused by gambling.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

a reply to: VoidHawk

What you think is irrelevant. I will gamble with my money if I choose to do so, regardless of what you or the government thinks about it.

See my post above.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Your words might be too big for those who just want to say "gubment.......baaad".

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Check out the majority of my posts and you'll find I'm 100% against government running our lives. I get it!
However, as I said above, I've seen many lives ruined by gambling.

You say "what ever happened to personal responsibility"
Would you be happy knowing the guy who lives next door to you experiments with explosives in his basement?
You'll probably tell me that's different because it affects YOU if it should explode.
So..
Ask the children who grew up in a family where the bread winner spent their food money on his gambling addiction, ask them what choice they had when they were hungry!

So what about the guy next door? As far as he's concerned he's personally being responsible, are you happy about that? or should someone step in and make him stop?

If it were not addictive then fine, it wouldn't bother me none if people want to throw their money away. Unfortunately we know it's VERY addictive, and it wrecks families and causes suffering to innocent people.

To be honest I really dont know what the answer is. Government most definitely should butt out of our lives. On the other hand I'll always stand up for the innocent being harmed by others actions, and harm is caused by gambling.

for the most part i agree with you.....the only thing is with addiction is a personal thing and not everybody is affected in the same way...maybe this is where an addictive personality comes into play.....alcohol for instance can be just as destructive as gambling even worse put the two together which is often the case...and to use another example addictions to fast food and sugar can be just as destructive....i guess that is why i mentioned personal responsibility....

as far as the neighbor with explosives go (lucky me i have no neighbors close by) that is illegal and should have no bearing on the conversation....the other stuff is legal and the government make alot of money out of them....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join