It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting at Walmart in Las Vegas

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

What do you want? A fortune teller to give news which hasn't happened yet?

No, I was expecting a responsible introduction to a topic with enough information and sources to confirm the information. This can then be followed by discussion. Instead, we get the sensational tidbit that a revolution has started! We'll sort it out later that it was just a false alarm. That's the MSM MO.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
Just an observation but this thread is the epitome of sensationalism. The OP is a one liner cut & paste of a news feed with no information. That's followed by a frenzy of posts where few facts exist. And we're surprised about how the MSM behaves? I'm disappointed in ATS'ers.

You do know that when stories start not everything is available right?
I posted what was available at the time and throughout the whole thread their have been updates.

Where is the sensationalism?

The opening post could have been edited to add the unfolding snippets of information rather than posting bits and one liners throughout the thread along with a summary of your thoughts. Just my opinion not that it matters.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: mwood

OH HELL YES! Just remember, with great power comes great responsibility. You're basically like another cop out there. Good job buddy. Whether we want to accept it or not, the world is getting crazier and crazier by the minute. To be unarmed is to be unprepared. You shouldn't even leave your house if you don't carry some type of weapon. At least a knife, pepper spray or taser. Hey, the bad guys are doing it. So if you're not packin something, the bad guys are already on each step ahead. Whether we want to realize it or not, there is a war going on. There is a force out there that wants to take advantage of your naivety. It only takes a couple of seconds to go from taking a walk in the park, to fighting for your life.

Do I sound crazy? Well look around you folks. Do you want to be a victim or a survivor? Those are your only two choices. Sitting on the fence will only get you caught up in the crossfire. Trust me, I don't WANT to live life this way. I don't WANT the world to be like this. But I do want to continue living. Preferably not as a vegetable. I wish we COULD just mind our own business and go about our day. But to do that and that only is to play pretend games.

Is it the SSRI drugs? Other drugs? Mental health? The economy? Satan himself? I don't know what is causing it, but until we figure it out and fix it, we must consider ourselves to be in a state of constant warfare. We must be remain vigilant. Honestly, it will probably never end... Personally, I'm fine with whatever God decides to do with me. But I am severely protective over my loved ones, and All of the innocent people out there, especially women and children.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

No notification from CNN or BBC on my iPhone yet. Seems strange as these agencies love these stories.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

No, I was expecting a responsible introduction to a topic with enough information and sources to confirm the information. This can then be followed by discussion. Instead, we get the sensational tidbit that a revolution has started! We'll sort it out later that it was just a false alarm. That's the MSM MO.

When I made the original post that is all the information that was available.
The line given was attributed to one of the suspects so it seemed relevant.

If you don't like it or feel that my approach was MSM then here is a plan... don't read the thread and start your own next time.
edit on 8-6-2014 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
There seems to me more bickering about what constitutes a mass shooting/murder on this thread than comments about what is happening. That is sad. Such an interesting event as this being posted.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose

No notification from CNN or BBC on my iPhone yet. Seems strange as these agencies love these stories.

CNN just caught up to the Karachi attack from earlier within the past 30 minutes.
I would suspect they post something soon.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Well, in Breaking Alternative News...we don't always get the full layout in hundreds of words and corroboration from 3 sources on a min. cross check. Sometimes...it's breaking.

Looks to me like the OP scooped some actual MSM on this one.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Mask
Mass shooting and mass murder are two different things.

Sure are.
This was reported as a mass shooting which it clearly is.
Most important thing should remain , innocent people died today.

We so agree. Hugs bro.

MM

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Looks like CNN has finally caught up.

www.cnn.com...
edit on 8-6-2014 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

When I made the original post that is all the information that was available.
The line given was attributed to one of the suspects so it seemed relevant.

If you don't like it or feel that my approach was MSM then here is a plan... don't read the thread and start your own next time.

Don't post until there's more information. Anything else is just sensationalism. But you're right, next time I see your OP with nothing but a reference to a news tease, I'll avoid reading.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
***ATTENTION***

Instead of worrying about each other, or "how to post on ATS" how about we worry about this story and stick to the topic at hand.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Don't post until there's more information. Anything else is just sensationalism. But you're right, next time I see your OP with nothing but a reference to a news tease, I'll avoid reading.

Great nothing more to worry about you stay out of the breaking news forum and I am sure your time on ATS will be great.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
FOX story

Sounds like they went after the police at the pizza place to start it off.

I read somewhere else they were wearing bulletproof vests, shows signs of premeditation.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This story doesn't seem to be getting much attention. Nothing on local news wrap. Can't find it on CNN's homepage. Fox has it on their homepage. But no video.

Looks like one of those stories that will rapidly disappear into the mist of history.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

Looks to me like the OP scooped some actual MSM on this one.

And that's what it's all about I suppose. Scoop everyone else. In my opinion, that's what's wrong with the MSM.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby
This story doesn't seem to be getting much attention. Nothing on local news wrap. Can't find it on CNN's homepage. Fox has it on their homepage. But no video.

Looks like one of those stories that will rapidly disappear into the mist of history.

It's on CNN as a breaking news banner right now.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I love women almost more than life itself. That's why i recommend carrying a gun, to protect that woman you love so much.

Why carry a gun while shopping? You're seriously asking me that? In THIS thread?

Ok. I'll tell you.

Q: Why carry a gun while shopping? A: Ummmm, because look what happened. Some maniac came in there shooting at people.

This could happen even if every gun was made illegal. Unless you want a world where everyone is chipped and monitored, so they could make his head explode as soon as he touches a gun. I guess that system would (at least eventually) be run by an advanced AI computer. I'm sure that's where we are headed but we can delay it as long as possible. I like freedom. Even these last shreds we are allowed today, these final vestiges of true freedom...

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby

What happens in Vegas...

There's probably so many crazy things in Vegas that no one wants to touch. But gun stories are something every major news broadcaster wants to get hold of--and cops were shot at. I'd be very surprised if this goes under the radar.

edit on 8-6-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Satan Himself?

Possibly the Spiritual Science Research Foundations studies indicate spiritual causes constitute 90 per cent of the root causes for mass shootings and psychological causes only 10 percent,there are 3 levels of possession 1.temptation to do evil,2 obsession with an evil act(s) and 3 infestation.The problem may well be much,much older than modern psychiatry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join