It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London's wealthy placing "Homeless spikes" outside luxury flats

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I could imagine the trip to the hospital and the resulting lawsuits one drunken night...

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha
At the end of the day we had so much food left over and one day I suggested to the General Manager to give the left overs to the homeless, which were already plenty back then. My idea was rejected as giving some food would bring more homeless to the area....they rather chuck the food in the bins (employees were also not allowed to take home).

We live in a society (in a world) were few have too much, most have little and many have nothing at all.

Yes I have also done this many times, BUT, I do actually see the reasoning because despite my orders I did feed the 'homeless' - a lot of people are bored, broke and try it on, the true homeless really you have to look hard to actually see them! You Really do!

So yes, from the point of view of the businesses, you simply cannot encourage scroungers, it's hard even for the bosses. AND A HUGE WASTE OF FOOD, but practicably speaking it's like a business getting a rope making a noose and well you know the rest..
edit on 8/6/2014 by Now_Then because: 2 paragraphs instead of one

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: trig_grl

I noticed those things popping up in downtown New Orleans as well. They're putting them in the window casings of stone buildings that passers by would normally use to cop a squat. It seemed rather barbaric to me.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I don't see why they don't just hunt the Homeless in some Running Man style TV show..

Solve two problems with one stone - something decent to watch on TV to replace Britain's Got Talent or the X Factor and no more Homeless either!

I'm off to Rupert Murdoch now to pitch my idea!

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
I don't see why they don't just hunt the Homeless in some Running Man style TV show..

Solve two problems with one stone - something decent to watch on TV to replace Britain's Got Talent or the X Factor and no more Homeless either!

I'm off to Rupert Murdoch now to pitch my idea!

Fish in a barrel.
Thats why.
Oh, and its not socially acceptable yet... give it a few more decades
Sad

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Those spikes won't work, they seem to be a statement more than anything else. A homeless person would just throw down some empty cardboard boxes, bits of old packing crate, blankets, plastic sheets and polystyrene foam, and whatever else they can find. The owners could always have put down some bicycle racks, and nobody would have been any wiser.

The homeless in London aren't simply people who have just lost their jobs. They are people with mental health problems and drug addiction habits that prevent them from living with others.
edit on 8-6-2014 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
biomechanical requirements of penetration

LOL
Do you have a partner?

I can just imagine it.
"Darling, lets engage in biomechanical penetration"

LOL

As for your advice on keeping oneself hidden when sleeping rough, yes, personally I'd do the same, but it carries the risk that should you be discovered by bad people, there's nothing to stop them beating you or even murdering you. Also, some people are afraid to be on their own and probably find comfort in being visible.

As for the spikes.
We have sooooooo many unemployed, lets use them, pay them a living wage to build good small homes with SENSIBLE rent charges.

Its very strange that our politicians wont even consider that idea!

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Heh... No I do not have a partner in the romantic sense, and that is probably why I can use phrases like "the bio mechanical requirements of penetration" without for a moment considering the dryness of that terminology, and how it is made especially hilarious when considering the subject matter it discusses. That only occurs to me when someone points it out.

What you say about being discovered is all very well, and I accept that getting set upon if discovered in a concealed position is more likely, than if you are seen in an exposed one, but getting discovered when well concealed is much less likely in the first place. Also, when I was on the street, I developed a hair trigger wakefulness response to threat. You do NOT get caught napping if you have any respect for your circumstances what so ever, even if you really need a nap! You have to be able to go from asleep and still, to up and moving very quickly sometimes.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Barbed wire has been around for over 100 years now, (invented in America) razerwire, (really deadly stuff) been around some time, but no mention of it? what a strange species we are.
As for those 'spikes' perhaps it will also stop dogs fouling?
Plus if it stops an 'out of his mind' junkie, good!

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Or they could just put a barrier up so someone doesn't accidentally fall on those......

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
What in heavens name happens if a child falls on those? Are these
people really that short sighted??? wow.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Seems like an odd way to punish drinkers too...

Stumble, fall and lose an eye. Fantastic. Seems more like a law suit waiting to happen.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
Just one more reason to despise the wealthy. Scumbags.

The building appears to be here:

How does one find out who owns a building?

The address: 98-118 Southwark Bridge Rd, London SE1 0BQ, UK, United Kingdom

Arch Residential is the realtor and British School of Osteopathy appears to be a tenant but who actually owns it?

EDIT: Just typed "British School of Osteopathy Rothschild" into a search engine...

BINGO...

Company Description: The British School of Osteopathy (BSO)

Mathilde Richou - Treasurer

Other People with the name "Richou":
Baron Philippe de Rothschild S.A

Mathilde Richou | British School of Osteopathy | ZoomInfo.com

Baroness Philippine Mathilde Camille de Rothschild (born 1933) is seen wearing neck piece featuring Baphomet and the Upside-Down Cross.

Baroness Philippine Mathilde Camille de Rothschild Wearing Satanic Neck Pieces

Note that in every picture she wears a heavy chainlinked gold necklace with a pendant. The pendant in the first pic below is a huge image of Baphomet, a pagan deity that, since the 19th century, has become a figure or synonym of Satan. Remember that this woman is one of the wealthiest people on Earth who can wear any piece of jewelry she desires, but again and again she chooses to wear these big ugly Satanic pendants on big, heavy, gold chain necklaces. fellowshipoftheminds.com...

According to eye-witnesses, who were prominent enough to visit one of the British Rothschild homes, the Rothschilds worship yet another god too, Satan. They set a place for him at their table.(8a) The Rothschilds have been Satanists for many generations. According to one source "it was estimated that they controlled half the wealth of the world. The Rothschilds and Rockefellers are only two of thirteen controlling families of the Illuminati. www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

"On the top of each pyramid you will see a capstone with an eye in it. The capstone is the Rothschild Family or Tribunal that rules the Illuminati; they were the creators of it. The eye is Lucifer, their god and their voice. henrymakow.com...

edit on 9-6-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I can understand, I would not want to come home from work to be greeted by crack heads at the door, and they usually sh!t and p!ss where they sleep.
edit on 9-6-2014 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
You folks saying this is OK do realize there is literally a bed of spikes
on the side walk right? where any unlucky individual, anyone not paying
attention say maybe looking down at a phone or at their buddy talking
could fall onto it right? Is it just me or are people really OK with random
spike beds on sidewalks.

The world really has gone insane..... Next thing you know they will booby
trap trash bins to fire tranquilizer darts at anyone littering..... lol

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: trig_grl

While I can understand the thinking behind it... It surely does show a prime example of a certain level of meanness of the soul. A level of inhumanity that's truly sad.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Now_Then

I know they are businesses but something will have to change at one point. In the West we throw away one third of the food we buy....that's a lot!! Whilst in many countries children have to do with one meal, if they are lucky enough to get one decent meal.

In my house we never waste food, I always make a second meal with the leftovers and I make a big deal about it.....it's one of the little contributions I try to make for the environment.......for us.

Sorry OP if I have gone off topic....going back to topic: there are many reasons why people become homeless and there should be more government schemes to get to the root of the problem.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Not really off topic, IMHO. A different tangent maybe...

Both are related by the disconnect from humanity in general that is all too common in the affluent west. Not that the rest of the world is much different...

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Not much use if the local homeless guy used to work as a bed of nails artist. Barbaric...
i see someone getting sued somewhere down the line.
I remember years ago people used to cement shards of glass on the tops of walls. guess what, someone got injured took the owner to court and He/she ended up charged with malicious damage, Assault or something and owing thousands...that put an end to the glass on wall trick.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
To everyone against these spikes, for the sole reason of homeless detterence, I suggest something to think about.

Start taking the homeless into your home and providing shelter. That way your complaints are more legitimized. If I was to start camping out under your porch or next to the entrance of your home, you'd do one of two things. You'd call the police, or board up the openings. You might even do both. How is that any more sad and dehumanizing than the spikes?
I include myself in that as well. I'd do the same thing.

It doesn't matter how it's done, it's the fact that it's being done.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join