It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jupiter Ascending Movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
This movie looks great!

Its a shame the release date has been push back to Feb 2015. I was really looking forward to watching this movie this year.
I like the idea of the movie.

You can tell that movie researchers are using sites like ATS as a source of inspiration.

www.jupiterascending.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
1) Pacific Rim in Space?

2) Does Sean Bean die?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Ezappa

This genre of film became boring over 10 years ago.
And now there's another bloody one on the way.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Written and directed by Andy Wachowski & Lana Wachowski.

Who also gave us The Matrix and Cloud Atlas.

This is the reason i will pay to see this movie.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Oooooh, looks awesome and exciting! I'd like very much to see this movie! Anyone want to take me to see t? LOL

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahsurexxx

Yeah! They are my favourite directors alongside Chris Nolan. Looking forward to seeing this film.
What a shame it is postponed 'till February 2015.

There is definitely going to be some mind-bending topic/theme in background.
Cloud Atlas and The Matrix have blown me away.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Ezappa

I'm looking forward to this movie.
Thanks for posting the trailer.

Long are the days gone since Mila Kunis played in That 70s Show.She has become a great actress.
Sean Bean is one of of my favorite actors... I just wish he wouldn't die in every movie.

Changing Tatum, oh well,he will always have 'Magic Mike'. Who knows, miracles can happen.

Anyways this is coming from the guys who worked on the Matrix, so I'm going to give it a chance.

edit on 8/6/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Sweet! Count me in!

I heard the brothers based The Matrix off of the movie Matrix of Power by Jordan Maxwell. Or that's where they got the idea or something. Sure seems to make sense to me. Of course this does not mean they believed it, but we're inspired by the concepts put forth, like living in a world that is actually nothing at all like you experience on a day basis.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

Sweet! Count me in!

I heard the brothers based The Matrix off of the movie Matrix of Power by Jordan Maxwell. Or that's where they got the idea or something. Sure seems to make sense to me. Of course this does not mean they believed it, but we're inspired by the concepts put forth, like living in a world that is actually nothing at all like you experience on a day basis.

The Matrix is also based on Simulacra & Simulation by Jean Baudrillard ....
but frankly, this is the most difficult book to read I've ever encountered. You can give it a try though.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Yeah... badass outer space movies that are totally badass are really getting boring. ..

I wouldn't say the genre is getting boring. I would say it's been done wrong almost every time for the past 10-15. That's why you are bored with it. These guys will probably get it right.

How can you ever get bored of Sci Fi? Sure I take a break once in a while. Everything in moderation. But I always return. Space is "the final frontier", full of endless possibilities. If you consider it boring, I'd like to know what you consider not boring, Mr. Buzzkillington. Would you lIke to look at sketches of a man trying to ride a bicycle (the old timey kind with the huge front wheel and tiny back wheel) but he's struggling because he's a Scott? Or would you like to hear a story about a bridge?

On second thought, I would like to hear a story about a bridge. I bet you've got a few stored away for such an occassion. I will look forward to seeing your thread about a bridge within a fortnight.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

(in your opinion)

What if you weren't born over ten years ago?

What happens if you've never seen a movie in this genre?

... people.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
i actually think the waichowski brothers probably saw this before making the matrix

I've read thats its based on a bunch of different sources kinda cobbled together by the brothers but that interview up there...... man...

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Super excited about this movie. Interesting plot, good cast and I love all of the Wachowski movies.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Article Here

It was shown to a select audience at the Sundance Festival and people walked out.
It was a mistake to show it there. Sundance is highbrow. The movie isn't.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Ugh..bummer.

I suppose Sundance may have been more receptive to a bio pic about Lawrence Wachowki.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Oooooh, looks awesome and exciting! I'd like very much to see this movie! Anyone want to take me to see t? LOL

I have an annual pass for AMC, do you live on in southern Cali?

new topics

top topics

join