It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Might be done with ats because of mobile site

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
You might as well complain about the jeep ad man.

That Jeep ad........
It can be really annoying at times....

I think the ads should be on the side, and if you're interested, then CLICK. I don't think that your screen should be hi-jacked at any time.

It would be like opening a candy store, then, when someone walks in to buy some real good conspiracy-flavored candy....POW!! An insurance salesman jumps out from behind something, gets you in a headlock, and tries to force you to buy his insurance. "I'm not interested"!!! red X red X red X!! But he keeps trying to get you in that headlock. If that insurance salesman gets any more annoying then people will probably go to another candy store.

Again, all ads should be on the side bar for people to click, that is, if THEY are interested. It works.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
On a 'smart phone' ATS is a shocking excuse for a website — usability, design etc. must have been a passing thought. However, on a tablet, no problem. I think the powers that be at ATS deduced tablet users were more in common to access the site than others. I could be wrong, but the site is designed for the tablet user — the desktop version pails in significance even.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I would say that you should take your phone back if it is under warranty.
Defective screen.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: LarryLove
On a 'smart phone' ATS is a shocking excuse for a website — usability, design etc. must have been a passing thought. However, on a tablet, no problem. I think the powers that be at ATS deduced tablet users were more in common to access the site than others. I could be wrong, but the site is designed for the tablet user — the desktop version pails in significance even.

I don't know if they actually have figures or not, but I don't believe that would be the case.
I'd say mobile users would outnumber tablet users.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Later today (hopefully), I'll be disabling all ads on the mobile version until we can get an ad network for mobile who will guarantee this crap doesn't happen.

Sorry folks… our current supplies did guarantee this.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
a reply to: KnowledgeSeeker81

The mobile site is crap
tried it out once, never again!!!!

The desktop version works excellent on my iPhone so that's what I use.

I also use the desktop version on my s3 but how in the hell do I post pictures?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: KnowledgeSeeker81

That bar at the top never goes away

The menu bar is designed to stay at the top if it is declared as fixed positioning in the styles. You use it to access the site's navigation by pressing the three lines on the very left. Those three lines is where the menu is.

It's supposed to be there, although they might consider removing the fixed positioning as it takes up much valuable screen real-estate.

edit on 9|6|14 by Words because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkAngel8

1. go to uploads

2. Click the upload icon

3. Choose select files and then choose the images from your camera roll you would like to upload to ATS

4. Copy and paste the first line (BB code for use in post) of the image you would like to post.

Hope that helps!

Here's a place to Practice Linking and Embedding

edit on 9-6-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: fix image

edit on 9-6-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join