It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Might be done with ats because of mobile site

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Just noticed a nice new burned into screen ATS on my phone. The new setup with mobile WILL burn ATS in to your screen. ATS knows this and just doesn't care. Since most of my ATS time is reading on my phone, I'll probably find another site that wont damage my property due to stubbornness/ignorance. i haven't contributed much here, but I definitely won't anymore until the mobile ATS is changed.

Thanks ATS for literally burning your memory on to my phone

i59.tinypic.com...[/IMG]]

added pic, that top bar NEVER goes away. Don't tell me to DL this or that, I want to enjoy ATS on my break, not to find a month later ATS is burned on my screen.
edit on 8-6-2014 by KnowledgeSeeker81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
legit....I think I won't use it anymore. It sucks because I'm getting updates to posts on there that I am not getting using my lap top so I've been using my cell to see the missing updates.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: KnowledgeSeeker81

Must be the GMO "cookies" thier code uses.

No "GMOs" on ATS!!

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Hi there,

I use the mobile site I and I don't seem to have the problem you speak of?

Spiro

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Bro what are you doing ...reading ats allllllll day with no break. I very much dislike their mobile site but as much as I do I use it very very often...I am in fact posting from my s4. Never have I had the logo burn into my screen on any device. You might as well complain about the jeep ad man.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Try adjusting the brightness on your mobile or change the ATS background to black.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
It might help if you could get a screen shot of it so the owners can correct if it need be. You don't have to of course... but it might help them locate the issue faster.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
how to take a screenshot of your own phone? It's the header bar that ALWAYS appears on the top of an ATS mobile page. It NEVER changes, it is a STATIC BLACK image with ATS in white. Switching the contrast doesn't change that. It burns the image to your phone

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
Bro what are you doing ...reading ats allllllll day with no break. I very much dislike their mobile site but as much as I do I use it very very often...I am in fact posting from my s4. Never have I had the logo burn into my screen on any device. You might as well complain about the jeep ad man.

When I get a 30 minute break I read up on ATS, guess you consider that ALLL DAYYYYY.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I used the mobile version all the time as well and have no such problem.
I actually almost prefer it. Only downside is I am not very good at the copy and paste on my s4 so if i need to link anything I have to wait to do so on my lap top.
ATS mobile is A OK in my book.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

DL an app unless you have an iphone or an s5.
then it is just the menu button and the power on/off button at the same time

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

The mobile site is crap
tried it out once, never again!!!!

The desktop version works excellent on my iPhone so that's what I use.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

The jeep ad is the worst.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
i59.tinypic.com...[/IMG]]pic

That bar at the top never goes away

(post by greavsie1971 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

If the jeep ad man was static on my phone every time i visited a preferred site on my phone, I would. I updated the OP to show what i mean, that static bar never goes away. It burns ATS into your phone, literally

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Can you not keep rotate your phone 180 degrees every 5 mins. The browser should auto rotate which would prevent screen burn.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnowledgeSeeker81
how to take a screenshot of your own phone? It's the header bar that ALWAYS appears on the top of an ATS mobile page. It NEVER changes, it is a STATIC BLACK image with ATS in white. Switching the contrast doesn't change that. It burns the image to your phone

Do you have an iPhone? Take a screenshot by holding the home and sleep button at same time.
Not sure how much that will help solve the problem though. Then take a screenshot of your home screen so we can see if this is really " burned" into the screen.

Try clearing cache and cookies. That should get rid of it.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnowledgeSeeker81
The new setup with mobile WILL burn ATS in to your screen.

That will only happen if you leave your phone's screen on for hours and hours, day after day with no scrolling, zooming, etc.

Two types of screens are used in phones today: LCD and OLED. Burn-in on an LCD screen is virtually non-existent. Although it is possible, it's very unlikely and rare.

OLED screens, on the other hand, are susceptible to burn-in. This usually happens when someone leaves the screen on with a static image for hours and hours on end, day after day.

Looking at your phone on breaks will not burn the screen in, in that short of time. It would also help to know which phone you are using. If your phone has an LCD screen, then there's what's called "image persistence" which will appear to be screen burn-in, but will go away.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
You can go to your account settings and change it from mobile to desktop...

that might help

top topics

<<   2 >>

join