It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Sucking Sound: Russian Money Yanked From US Banks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Sanctions against Russia are a joke, the US - EU will be more hurt then Russia.. Putin is laughing all the way to the bank..HIS BANK

But in March, the Ukrainian debacle burst into the foreground with Russia’s annexation of Crimea, which wasn’t very well received in the West. The US and European governments rallied to the cause, and after vociferously clamoring for a sanction spiral, they actually imposed some sanctions, ineffectual or not, that included blacklisting some Russian oligarchs and their moolah. So in March, without waiting for the sanction spiral to kick in, Russians yanked their moolah out of US banks. Deposits by Russians in US banks suddenly plunged from $21.6 billion to $8.4 billion. They yanked out 61% of their deposits in just one month! They'd learned their lesson in Cyprus the hard way: get your money out while you still can before it gets confiscated.

www.zerohedge.com... -sound-russian-money-yanked-us-banks

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Thanks for posting, OP; I saw this late last night at another site and never even thought of posting it here. The stats are for MARCH; I wonder what's happened in the meanwhile.

Add in that back in 2008 during the utter disaster that was the tail end of the Bush Debacle, (wherein he stole more money than anyone ever has from the American people to make sure the buddies who helped put him in office didn't end up incarcerated but instead were bailed out), the Russians and China held talks discussing that if they pulled their money and support out of the US, it would be enough to bring down the country for good, forever.

Russia was all for it; China demurred.

We've been running on fake Federal Reserve money ever since. The reason the Fed can't stop the 'easing' and raise interest rates is that the U.S. government can't even afford to pay back their 'debts' to the Federal Reserve at Zero Percent rates. 1% would crash the system. The usual 3 or 4% would make Rome burning look like candlelight in comparison.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
There is a reason why the western propaganda mill is trying to vilify Russia .To listen to some of the talking heads in the west you might get the impression that Russia is a insignificant 3rd world country . This piece by Paul Craig Roberts give a humorous historical account of WW2

The Germans lost World War II at the Battle of Stalingrad, which was fought from August 23, 1942 until February 2, 1943, when most of the remnants of the powerful German Sixth Army surrendered, including 22 generals.

Nineteen months previously the largest invasion force ever assembled on planet earth invaded Russia across a one thousand mile front. Three million crack German troops; 7,500 artillery units, 19 panzer divisions with 3,000 tanks, and 2,500 aircraft rolled across Russia for 14 months.

By June 1944, three years later, very little of this force was left. The Red Army had chewed it up. When the so-called “allies” (a term which apparently excludes Russia) landed in France, there was little to resist them. The best forces remaining to Hitler were on the Russian front, which collapsed day by day as the Red Army approached Berlin.

The Red Army won the war with Germany. The Americans and the British showed up after the Wehrmacht was exhausted and in tatters and could offer little resistance. Joseph Stalin believed that Washington and London stayed out of the war until the last minute and left Russia with the burden of defeating Germany.
www.informationclearinghouse.info... Russia has more money in the pipeline but the west wants to destroy them and Ukraine as well as Syria,Iran is a very important component . a reply to: RocksFromSpace

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Well, that was a shot across the bow to get some attention. That's about all that amount is, especially since the Fed is happy to just help out any bank which needs it these days...but a shot it still is, IMO.

Like one powerful scene in Thirteen Days had Robert McNamara supposedly saying to an over-eager military..'This (referring to the whole blockade) IS communication!!'

I think many of the moves we see back and forth carry meaning far beyond the immediate physical impact of whatever each step is. It's communication. I'd guess this communicated the fact bank deposits are fair game and Obama might wanna get with his spooky type people to inquire just HOW much Western business Russia may own from the shadows of organized crime and intelligence work?

Might be a nasty thing to learn the hard way and I don't credit anyone involved with thinking it through that far. I think Russia is showing it has though. One more step up the ladder.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
so the difference in the graph is 13.5 billion...this is 1/4 of the wealth of 1 KOCH brother....and in the grand scheme of world finance, a "drop in the bucket".....

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Really?the whole 21 billion just gone?....Back to mother Russia or off to new tax havens in Belize or the canaries?
Its hardly a drop in a bucket 21 billion....wouldn't take the POTUS wife on a decent holiday id imagine....not to worry...theres a lot more where that came from....

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: RocksFromSpace
Interesting in the bar graph that the other figures that are lower than the last month reported are not in red as well.
I see nothing spectacular here.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
Interesting in the bar graph that the other figures that are lower than the last month reported are not in red as well.

Other "figures that are lower" are still represented as growth. Way to read a graph...

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
so the difference in the graph is 13.5 billion...this is 1/4 of the wealth of 1 KOCH brother....and in the grand scheme of world finance, a "drop in the bucket".....

Is it just me that can see it?

The difference between February and March reads 30.3 billion

It goes from a $21.9bn investment to a $8.4bn withdrawl
edit on 7-6-2014 by Watchfull because: replaced figure

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
With the new Chinese and Russian economic alliances,; this could be the start of something huge.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Off topic
edit on 7-6-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Considering just the top 4 US banks have over 4 trillion dollars in cash deposits I do not think anybody would would even notice. Of course the Russians are pulling because they are afraid the US is going to freeze it. So pretty much this means nothing at all and the real suprise should be why any of it is left.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Dp
edit on CDTSatpm6261 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
Now if only russia was taking back all their criminals that immigrated here after the soviet collapse.I don't recall hearing of the russian mob before that.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Our government will just borrow more money to give to the banks, not a real problem. Our national debt can't be paid anyway. Russia is smart to get their money out of the American banks.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Kind of hard to have 4 trillion in "cash USD" deposits when there is only 1.23 trillion in cash USD in existence. Gotta love those air notes.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraternitasSaturni

originally posted by: g146541

Other "figures that are lower" are still represented as growth. Way to read a graph...

So going from $17 billion to $11 billion is growth? I guess the bar in red is also growth then ... although I suspect you just don't understand the words meaning.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Who has Money anyways? There is not that much Gold on this earth and printed everyday money has no Gold to back it up!

Heard it must be the Space Gold some Alien left unattended to see what we would do with it. My Bad, back to South Park, got lost in the thought money was taken from Whom?

Peace

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I wonder why the deposits increased so much up until that point?

And that final red deposit is still a little bit higher than at least half the deposit sade in 2012.

Where is the graph for withdrawls? It seems this graph, and it's red warning bar, still represents more deposits being made. They just returned to 2012 level deposits. That's all. Perhaps the deposits in 2013 were abnormally high and now they are just returning to a normal level of deposits.

I choose answer e) not enough information given
edit on 6/8/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

I suspect China demurred because of its needing a huge market to buy its goods. I suspect that is a decision it regrets somewhat today.

top topics

join