It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Museum’s Biggest Oversight: No Mention of WTC Building 7

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

It is a museum. Do you even know what you are talking about?

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: sk0rpi0n

A little off topic so my apologies.

Your comment about the actor made me wonder.

if we go back and look at some of the major news events over the last few years I am curious if we would find the same "actors".

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: RocksFromSpace

Considering all the internal memos from the 50s /60s, the mentality of the kennedy era military leadership....there is no doubt that an auto attack has been mentioned as an option for 50 years before 9/11 for many reasons.

It is a greater insult to the country and all those who died on 9/11 AND AFTER to just "let it be". I am not saying to lose your mind and life over it. I am saying to stop lying to yourself.

We attacked ourselves. It IS NOT beneath some of our leaders and YOU KNOW IT. Just say the truth as you can when you can.

9/11 was our reichstag fire. Building 7 could not have possibly been destroyed unless it was purposefully destroyed by our government. Wasn't it holding all those records on wall street illegalities...?....

is that just icing on the cake, or the cake itself..?..apparently you can have your cake by stealing trillions from people through wall street over many years and then eat it too when all records about it are destroyed by islamic terrorists looking out for you.

edit on 6 7 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

I don't think anyone died in the collapse of bldg 7.

Secondly its a memorial for the people who lost their lives and not a platform to argue a conspiracy theory (I mean time and place for everything).

Trying to make that argument at the memorial site is no better than the Westboro Baptist Church protesting funerals.

It is a HISTORICAL MUSEUM, not just a memorial. It is about every aspect of the event.

They explain this themselves.

About the Museum

The National September 11 Memorial Museum serves as the country's principal institution concerned with exploring the implications of the events of 9/11, documenting the impact of those events and exploring 9/11's continuing significance.

www.911memorial.org...

There are two main exhibition spaces. In Memoriam, the memorial exhibition, is located on the footprint of the South Tower. The exhibition commemorates the 2,983 men, women, and children killed in the 9/11 attacks and the bombing of the World Trade Center in February 1993, honoring them for how they lived their lives rather than for how they died. The historical exhibition, located on the footprint of the North Tower, examines the day of the attacks, what preceded them, and how 9/11 continues to shape our world.

edit on 7-6-2014 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2014 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Secondly its a memorial for the people who lost their lives and not a platform to argue a conspiracy theory (I mean time and place for everything).

Trying to make that argument at the memorial site is no better than the Westboro Baptist Church protesting funerals.

Your opinion is #.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: sk0rpi0n

It all went horribly wrong. Both buildings were supposed to detonate when the initial events occurred. Both failed to detonate bringing in the shoddy back-up plans and the even shoddier explanations. That's why it's such an incredible mess.
edit on 7 6 2014 by Kester because: Capital

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Let's not forget that the collapse of building 7 was reported by the BBC BEFORE it collapsed. Oopsy daisy. I think they forgot to properly account for the time zone difference before they read the script.

Yeah yeah. The US government is behind an act of mass murder of its own citizens and informs a foreign news agency!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you truly believe that then go have tea with the pixies at the end of your garden because they know the secret of immortality.

That news story proves once again how easy it is the screw up, unfortunately the terms "screw-up", "human error", "ass covering" etc are all missing from the conspiracist dictionary.

The US authorities were told there would be an attack. Their arrogant attitude prevented them from taking it seriously. Now if you worked for the intelligence agencies and you had credible evidence would you warn your pals who own the building to take out insurance and not be there.....DUH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
In this museum, do they explain how airplane fuel turns steel beams into taffy? Or how it burned so hot that a molten pit of metals existed for months after the demolitions? This is a place of propaganda; To change history and blur facts. To leave out other facts so that they will quietly disappear and become "conspiracy theories". This is how they work. I agree that there needs to be a memorial, but something that cost tax payers hundreds of billions of dollars??? I wonder how many of the "contractors" who built it are family of Larry Silverstein, Rudy Giuliani, Bloomberg, Rockefeller, etc.???? They like to make sure to keep each other in money, don't they?

I also wonder if they mention the 60+ Israelis who were captured and sent back to Israel? Isn't that evidence sealed from the public? Why?

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

It was not oversight, it was business as usual. Remember the 9/11 Commission doesn't even mention WTC 7. The 9/11 Commission (like the Warren Commission) are forced down the American public's throats as the "truth" of the events. Both Commissions, perhaps strangely enough, are intimately tied to the Bush family.

Ask people you know the question without leading them - "how many buildings fell on 9/11?" So far, about 60-70% of the people I ask say "two." Many people completely forgot or didn't know that WTC 7 also fell.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Xcathdra,

According to the "About" page of the official 9/11 Memorial Museum (9/11 Museum link) it says:

The National September 11 Memorial Museum serves as the country’s principal institution for examining the implications of the events of 9/11, documenting the impact of those events and exploring the continuing significance of September 11, 2001.

And it apparently also serves as a memorial for the 1993 WTC bombing. However, one of the "events" of September 11, 2001 was the WTC 7 building collapsing. To leave it out of the memorial museum suggests quite plainly that they don't want anyone to know, remember, or focus on it.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I was in grade 9 when this happened. My Mom, sisters & I were getting ready for school. My Grandma called and in a frantic voice told me to turn on the news, I asked what channel the news was on & she said "all channels". I remember thinking that it must be something really bad if it's on all channels. I told my Mom what my Grandma had said and she turned on the tv. It was so shocking to see, I asked if I could stay home, I wanted to see what was happening. Normally my Mom would make me go because I hated school so much but she decided that I could stay home & watch it with her.

We sat glued to the tv, watching what was happening but not understanding what was going on. I remember when the buildings started to collapse. I remember thinking the fall was odd, that it looked like demolition falls but I didn't know anything about what it would look like if a building was legitimately collapsing from a plane crashing into it. Then the second one went & my heart was breaking for all those first responders who were there. You could hear all the beepers saying a fire fighter was trapped/in danger. It was sickening. Then building number 7 collapsed & I was really confused. I didn't know how a building so far away could collapse because of the two towers being hit & eventually collapsing. My Mom & I bought into it.

A couple years later, I started to hear about the 9/11 conspiracies & watched 'Loose Change'. I remember thinking that it explained why I always wondered about building 7. Why it collapsed when there was no logical reason for it to.

I think for a lot of people, the fall of that building raises too many questions.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

It wasn’t enough that these victims were used for the battle cry to invade Afghanistan and Iraq, now they are bankable for commemorative shirts and hoodies. The building’s ornate design can now be seen on a commemorative necktie and bath towel.

It is also interesting to know that the executives and directors of the 9/11 Museum are making six figure incomes while many family members still are struggling to live day-to-day.

According to ‘9/11 Museum Museum Bigs Cash In‘, a January 2011 report from the NY Post:

“Schoolchildren thought their penny jars and bake-sale proceeds would go toward building a 9/11 memorial at Ground Zero — not the six-figure salaries of nonprofit execs.

But 11 staffers at the National September 11 Memorial & Museum each pulled down more than $170,000 in total compensation in 2009, according to the most recent filings. Four execs took home more than $320,000.

Foundation President Joseph Daniels, 38, pocketed $371,307 after receiving hefty raises three years in a row — 28 percent in 2006, when he was promoted from acting president, followed by 12 percent and 6 percent.

Museum director Alice Greenwald made $351,000, and capital planning Vice President Joan Gerner soaked up $337,143 before leaving last spring. Development director Cathy Blaney raked in $322,292. The full-time foundation employee also worked last year as a fund-raiser for Gov. Cuomo’s election campaign.

The money to pay the $5.3 million in compensation for the foundation’s 87 staffers in 2009 came from private donations — $220 million raised in a Herculean grass-roots effort to honor the 2,974 victims of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, and $150 million from blue-ribbon board members. More than 60,000 individuals in all 50 states and 31 countries donated to the cause.”

Now that the museum is open to the public, the hefty salaries are paid through the selling of tchotchkes at a gift shop that has been built over the dead bodies of 9/11 victims.

Full Article

Tchotchke is a small or miscellaneous item for those who don't know.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
So, I take it there are no Building 7 keychains in the GIFT SHOP!
Tacky. I'll leave it at that.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The museum website does include the collapse of Building 7 in the timeline. So they aren't really trying to cover it up or omit it from history.

Link to timeline

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

Your opinion is #.

ditto

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant

Not really...

No one died in in the bldg. 7 collapse.

Its one thing to include it as a way to show the magnitude of damage, which in order to do that they world need to include all the buildings that were damaged / destroyed by the collapse of the WTC.

The issue the op and others have is it is excluded and they think it should be included with the conspiracy portion added in.

Its one thing to argue their position. Don't use a memorial / museum dedicated to the WTC to push a conspiracy theory. There has been plenty of time for the "theory" on bldg. 7 to be proved / disproved and to date, the conspiracy side of the argument dealing with that building have been unable to prove anything they claimed. They intentionally only show the one side of the building where it looks like its totally intact while ignoring the photos / video that shows the opposite side of bldg. 7, where it shows significant structural damage / compromise.

As I stated to force the inclusion of a conspiracy theory at the WTC site is no different than the Westboro Baptist Church forcing their conspiracy that God kills people because of gays. To date the only people I see bitching about this are on the conspiracy sites.

If they want it included then maybe they should raise funds, buy a spot near the WTC and open it up as an alternative history of the events that day and go from there.

edit on 7-6-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

a reply to: watchitburn

Reread my post.

Its not a ridiculous comparison at all.

There is a time and place for everything. A memorial dedicated to those who died in the WTC should not be used to further a conspiracy theory.

I am not saying for people to stop researching. I am saying the research should continue without dragging the memorial site into it. Not every single person who lost loved ones that day think it was an operation by our own government. To assume all families involved would welcome that type of argument at the memorial site is problematic.

Just like its problematic when the Westboro Baptist Church protests at a funeral. Its not appropriate to do and even though they have Baptist in their name does not mean they represent the mindset of everyone who belongs to the Baptist Church.

I disagree. Going to the memorial and protesting that building 7 there is in poor taste, but bringing up that the memorial makes no mention of it is perfectly fine.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I usually agree with you on things but this time you are wrong. People need to question this. Look at our world post 9/11 and ask yourself was this planned by TPTB?

My answer sadly is......YES.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
building 7 will always be the thing that just messes everything up for whoever did it.

a building across a street bursts into flames and crumbles..... yeah ok, all the other ones were fine.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

We have people in this thread bitching because its not included in the conspiracy manner, which is the problem. The memorial could contain a list of building collapses from that day and these people would still bitch because it does not tell the story in the manner they demand.

Why not ask every single family who lost a person in the attacks that day and see what they want included.

With that said all we need to do is look at the posts in this thread, where I have been attacked for merely suggesting the opposite side of the argument. That child like mentality is a problem and introducing it at a memorial / museum site is problematic. Even more so when the official investigations do not support their claims.

You want a comparable situation -

The JFK museum in Dallas Texas and the fact the conspiracy around it is still being investigated. I don't see people throwing fits because circumstantial evidence is not included at the museum site itself.

Let the families who lost people on 9/11 have a place they can go where they can reflect on the loss and not have it distracted by people who want building 7 enshrined as a sinister plot in a memorial to the deaths from WTC 1/2, which it has nothing to do with.

I would wager that if a building 7 section were included people would be bitching if it did not use the words conspiracy, pull it, massive conspiracy by the government of the United states to engage in an action that killed over 3k people in order to justify a war on terror as a subterfuge to incarcerate the whole of the United States under Martial Law.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join