It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malformed “purple” swimming crab mass generated in the west coast of Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
www.chunichi.co.jp...

fukushima-diary.com...

It’s the coastal area of Ishikawa prefecture. These purple ones are caught in all of the areas. Fishers comment most of the swimming crabs were purple in the gill net, or, they caught 3 buckets of purple crabs. They are starting to be found in Niigata prefecture too.

Waiting for another new novelty colors!

fukushima-diary.com...

edit on 7-6-2014 by candlestick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Purple crab?!?!

Why am i not surprised this is from japan, and not even for the nuclear reactor accident! lol

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
"The muscles are small and taste watery" I wonder who the risk taker was that figured that out! I'm surprised there's any fishing going in at all much less people eating the catch. Soon we'll have purple human babies.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: candlestick

Why don't Asians, at least try, to learn the language properly ...

Mass generated, means it's something that's coming out from a production line ... created on purpose, and mass produced.

well, IFF that is what you WANTED to convey ... sure. But i SUSPECT, what you were trying to convey is that after the nuclear accident, purple colored crabs were being discovered en masse.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn

Mass generated, means it's something that's coming out from a production line ... created on purpose, and mass produced.

well, IFF that is what you WANTED to convey ... sure. But i SUSPECT, what you were trying to convey is that after the nuclear accident, purple colored crabs were being discovered en masse.

I just quoted that website...use the word "Mass generated"to translate isn't a translation mistake .

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
"The muscles are small and taste watery" I wonder who the risk taker was that figured that out! I'm surprised there's any fishing going in at all much less people eating the catch. Soon we'll have purple human babies.

Frugality is a kind of tradition in Japan ...they still selling radioactive food.
edit on 7-6-2014 by candlestick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Asians may ask why we don't bother to learn their language. How many English-speakers bother to become bilingual? There it is common.

English is a difficult language to learn, yet any Japanese that wants to advance learns English. And unlike most of the other western languages (Spanish. Portuguese, etc.) that use a similiar Arabic character set and language structure, Asian languages are 'pictorial" and has very little relation to English.

You can take it as a lack of effort, and if you were criticizing an English major born in an English-speaking country maybe I would agree with your assessment. In this case, it is petty and bigoted, and reflects what little knowledge you have of the subject to make such a statement..

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
The picture of the purple crab is a negative. Fake and gay?

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

And how good is your Japanese? Why should a Japanese person, living in Japan, speak perfect English? What a ridiculously dumb post. Saying "the language": what language? Why should people in Japan speak English for your benefit?

Edit: good spot, TheAllOne!
edit on 7-6-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
Soon we'll have purple human babies.

Soon?

It is happening right now and there is a law that would send a Japanese doctor to prison for ten years if he reports the effects of Fukushima.

Reports have gotten through of declining birth rates and increases in miscarriages as well as birth defects.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAllOne
The picture of the purple crab is a negative. Fake and gay?

How do you 'know' the picture is a 'negative'?

It is a different picture altogether than the one it is being compared to. The articles online state fishermen were picking up 'masses' of them in prefectures near Fukushima since last autumn, that they were smaller even though adults and not being sold because their muscle mass is weak.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: candlestick
www.chunichi.co.jp...

fukushima-diary.com...

It’s the coastal area of Ishikawa prefecture. These purple ones are caught in all of the areas. Fishers comment most of the swimming crabs were purple in the gill net, or, they caught 3 buckets of purple crabs. They are starting to be found in Niigata prefecture too.

Waiting for another new novelty colors!

fukushima-diary.com...

The black and yellow variety truly are 'The Deadliest Catch'.

thumbs.dreamstime.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

Your post is riddled with errors while you are criticizing a translation from another country.

What a bigoted idiot.

How many Japanese words do you know?

edit on 9-6-2014 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
mentalfloss.com... purple crab are hardly new

news.discovery.com...

www.outdoorlife.com... seems some of them are coming from the bering sea

snowcrablove.blogspot.com...

education.nationalgeographic.com... blue/purple crabs/lobsters seem to be rare but more common then op's link would imply

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

It's purple swimming crab.Not a new species.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
mentalfloss.com... purple crab are hardly new

news.discovery.com...

www.outdoorlife.com... seems some of them are coming from the bering sea

snowcrablove.blogspot.com...

education.nationalgeographic.com... blue/purple crabs/lobsters seem to be rare but more common then op's link would imply

My understanding is that this thread is not about whether there are 'blue crabs' elsewhere on the planet but whether this reporting of blue crabs is new and unique to Japan. The way they are talking is that until last autumn there was no such thing in Japan - and now there is. And also they are reporting the crab itself is not marketable because it is small and without meat so to speak. So what kind of blue crab is it they are now seeing in Japan?

@ RalagaNarHallas
Are you able to provide pictures of the purple swimming crab to show this is the one and same they are talking about in Japan?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
not as they would compare to the ops link, in my limited opinion on the matter it seems it could be the crabs migrating from historic grounds to new ones hence the japanese seeing it for the first time. ive heard of blue crabs and ocasional orange or blue lobsters (i think it just makes it a rare version like an albino but not white if that makes sense) as ive watched the deadliest catch show before and a few times they had weird colored crabs show up in pots so i figured it could be something like that(not a crab expert in any way shape or form mind you) those links were more to show that random color crab tend to pop up from time to time and most of them have explanations what i dont know is if these crab are an entirely new species or a genetic change from current crab if that makes sense

we know more about space then the oceans so who knows what is really there,saw a documentary the other day that found a new type of squid that raises its young for 9 months upunitl they found that squid they assumed all died during burirth so perhaps this is just a newly discovered species
edit on 9-6-2014 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Yes, is much unknown. I think the point with these purple crabs is that they were numerous and never before known or seen in Japan - and I'm surmising the thought is they may have been changed by radiation though without testing them (and everything) there is no way to really know. It is possible they lived deeper near the leaks and migrated, my gut feeling is many things in the ocean are scrambling to survive in many places around the world.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: wishes

Well it is a bit odd how the purple crab is on a black background, and if you invert the colours you get a very similar olive colour crab to the original pic on a white background!

That is not to say the purple crabs aren't being found, though. Maybe they haven't been photographed so this site resorted to using an "artist's impression"? Still a bit shady though.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48
a reply to: wishes

Well it is a bit odd how the purple crab is on a black background, and if you invert the colours you get a very similar olive colour crab to the original pic on a white background!

That is not to say the purple crabs aren't being found, though. Maybe they haven't been photographed so this site resorted to using an "artist's impression"? Still a bit shady though.

Yes, it could be totally shady but until it is shown to be so deserves consideration. Those two pictures posted are not the same crab so one is not a negative of the other but that doesn't mean it's still not shady. We need to see other photographs of these crabs being talked about, hopefully someone over there will take some and share them on the internet and we'll be lucky enough to come across them. Otherwise (to me) until there's more support one way or another to me it is still a possibility this is what it is said to be - masses of under-sized purple crabs showing up for the first time in Japan's history.

join