It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught ... Wearing a GORILLA SUIT in a ZOO ...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

A man dressed in a gorilla suit has been accidentally shot at a zoo in Tenerife. The 35 year old member of park staff was shot by a vet who had not been told that he was participating in a drill to practise what to do if an animal escaped.

According to La Opinión de Tenerife, the man was shot with a tranquilliser designed for a 400lb gorilla. He was later found in his underwear having got out of the gorilla suit.

Staff at the zoo claimed he was making noises and gesticulations to ensure the drill appeared to be as realistic as possible. However a vet on site had not been informed of the drill and so took what he believed to be appropriate action given the circumstances.

The vet opened fire with a narcotic dart that struck the man in the leg leading him to require hospital treatment at the University Hospital of the Canary Islands. At hospital the victim was given an antidote and is now in stable condition.

-
Well, now we know what could happen if you are caught ...

"Wearing a GORILLA SUIT in a ZOO" !!!

-
One of the better "Comments" posted was:

The guy was shouting "don't shoot! I'm not an escaped gorilla!"

The man with the tranquiliser gun said "that's exactly what an escaped gorilla would say..." PFFFT!

Zoo Staff Accidentally Shoot Man In Gorilla Suit

edit on 6-6-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Has bigfatfurrytexan checked in today??

This is concerning...

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

He has but he didn´t mention anything about zoooing..

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
Has bigfatfurrytexan checked in today??

This is concerning...

Cant be him, he got kicked out of the zoo years ago for cross dressing.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
God... Some people lack so much common sense that it's hard to believe they can still draw air into their lungs.

He deserved exactly what he got IMO. He's lucky somebody didn't shoot him dead. If he had been outside the zoo... it would have been another story I think.

Who would have ever thought that this wasn't a Nobel peace prize winning idea???

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Just hoping he isn't out of the country on vacation at the moment...

May not have been a gorilla suit... he just wasn't wearing a shirt...

Troubling.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

It can't be BFFT... He has a cape

And a winning smile.

That equals invincibility. Or creepiness. Depending on how you look at it.

He can also do splits. That's got to count for something.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Well to be fair everyone at the zoo should have been informed there was a drill. I still laughed my ass off when I read the story. Feel so bad for the guy that shot him, two months on the job and HUGE mistake (even if it wasn't really his fault). At least they know he's quick to take action!

I'm REALLY hoping there's video.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

He can also do splits. That's got to count for something.

Just the creepiness.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Geez... I would almost pay for video of that. If you find one, send it my way.

ETA - Common sense would have made me NOT get in the gorilla suit to take the chance. It would take someone half nuts to do that! I would have been thinking that what happened here was exactly what would happen if I decided to be the "drill gorilla"!

I hope that he thinks twice next time. And I really hope that he doesn't decide to be the drill gorilla outside of the zoo.

edit on 6/6/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I'm imagining it in my head and can't stop laughing. Poor guy in the monkey suit hamming it up for the other workers, poor vet freaking out and grabbing the tranq gun, suddenly FWOOMP.

Imagine the look on the vet's face when the 'gorilla' started stripping down to the skivvies. LMAO.

I hope no one gets in trouble, it seems like the only issue was a lack of communication and really the whole thing is hysterical. If I had been the vet I would be slightly mortified for a day, and if I had been in the suit I wouldn't be able to stop laughing.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

That's the exact picture I have in my head and it is indeed hard not to laugh at the whole thing.

I wonder how hard Worker's Comp. will be laughing when that claim rolls in???

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
"So, Mr Texan, what happened"?

"I got hired to play an escaped gorilla at a zoo... and got waylaid with a tranquilizer dart..."

"Riiiiiiight...

Looks like something you would see in an episode of "Jackass"...

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
God... Some people lack so much common sense that it's hard to believe they can still draw air into their lungs.
He deserved exactly what he got...

You said it, pal.
If you act like a d-bag, don't complain when you get treated like a d-bag.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

He wasn't just some random guy, he was there to simulate a drill for the Zoo. Did you even read the story?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

Did you even read why I thought he was lacking common sense? No?

edit on 6/6/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Can't we all just get along... there is a bigfatfurrytexan holed up in the hospital for just trying to make a buck... so he overacted... it happens.

I think we need a get well campaign on par with Ferris Bueler...

"Save BFFT!!"

We gotta ask him about the dart... a bigfatfurryvisionquest?

What if he's incarcerated?

We JUST DON'T KNOW!!

edit on 6-6-2014 by madmac5150 because: Monkeying around

edit on 6-6-2014 by madmac5150 because: What difference does it make

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Hey! I was getting along just fine.
Hypocrisy gets the dander up somewhat.

If we all pool our ATS points perhaps we can print some flyers for BFFT and have some left for bail if it is needed.

Hopefully he is safe in his habitat at the moment.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Yes but a training exercise is usually a controlled environment, you said and i quote "If he had been outside the zoo... it would have been another story I think."
Why would he go outside when he's in what he thinks is a controlled training scenario & then you go on to say "Common sense would have made me NOT get in the gorilla suit to take the chance." Is your society that messed up that a simple training drill is too dangerous that you wouldn't take the risk, then you need to look at your health and safety environment.

This is a simple case of an old British cliche "Only in America"

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
It's not BFFT. I mean that's him in the avatar pics.....no suit required. People do some incredibly insane stupid shat. Wearing a gorrilla suit in a zoo could take the cake for dumbest thing ever.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join