It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you know personally any actors or actresses?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I'm just curious, if among your friends or family members are there any actors or actresses or...maybe U are an actor, actress on your own?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AnnieWolf19

Famous or not? Known or unknown? Professional of community theatre types? And why are you asking?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Just musicians here. I know a semi-famous bass player in a well-known rock band, another musician touring with Dolly Parton, A couple rock guitarists. I also went to high school with a former WCW wrestler (female).

Cool post, interested to see what responses you get.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Any kind of you know

I'm asking, because I'm just curious...for sure living in a place where you can know or see any "stars" must be interesting.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

Have those acquaintances with artists made your life richer?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnnieWolf19
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

Have those acquaintances with artists made your life richer?

Cousin to the Carradines. NO!

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I worked with a guy who bragged (a lot) about living next door to Val Kilmer once. He was an ass, the co-worker, not Mr. Kilmer. Can't speak on that lol.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Roni Stoneman- "First lady of banjo" and former actress on the show, "Hee Haw". She's stayed at our house on several occasions and we've stayed at her's.

en.wikipedia.org...

My mom and Roni have played music together in several bands.

And:

My stepmom's grand father was Bashful Brother Oswald. I never knew him personally, although, I know his wife, and I've been to their house a few times. He died in 2002.

en.wikipedia.org...

Both my mom and my step mom have each met and talked with a lot of famous country singers.
edit on 6-6-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnnieWolf19
I'm just curious, if among your friends or family members are there any actors or actresses or...maybe U are an actor, actress on your own?

My only true brush with fame is meeting, hanging out with briefly and corresponding via e-mail for several months after... that actor was Bruce Campbell.. one of the coolest guys I've ever met.. but that was a while back and I doubt he'd remember me now..

Otherwise nope! I've had physical mail correspondence with Bill Nye a long time ago.. same with Victoria Jackson ( SNL ) ..

Those are my only brushes with fame ..

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
My cousin Debbie Paswaters is a famous artist in Colorado and a family friend is a Milwaukee Brewer

Oh...an ex friend of mine once tried to set me up with Willem Dafoe

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheToastmanCometh
My cousin Debbie Paswaters is a famous artist in Colorado and a family friend is a Milwaukee Brewer

Oh...an ex friend of mine once tried to set me up with Willem Dafoe

Brewers are my favorite team! My great aunt was in Conan and Red Sonja her name is Sandahl Bergman. I worked in the concert business and made a few friends but most of the performers were either druggies or thought they should be treated like royalty.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Yeah, I personally know a few politicians.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Little Jimmy Dickens on my husband's side (most probably do not even know him):

And Mary Sue Terry on my side. Though not an actress :en.wikipedia.org...

We're just plain folks.

edit on 6/6/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I have come across a few over the years who work in Television but do not know them well spoke to them in the passing sort of , My father knows a older t.v and stage actress quite well .

A few of them stay in my area in holiday property's they are just normal people at the end of the day and need to just be normal now and again so head off on holiday where i stay to be left alone , and it is quite fun to act like you do not know them if you meet them at the shops or gas[ petrol] station .

A good friend of mine once did work for Tom Cruise & Nicole Kidman when they were married and living in London and what he told me was they had to look at the ground and not at them if they passed

And i have worked with people who do bit part walk on or crowd scenes in soaps and movie's but nothing to write home about

ME i am the star off my own Trueman Show

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I meet Billy Joel back in the 90's when I lived in New York. I also meet Boomer Esiason ( Quarterback for jets at the time).

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I've met Michael Chiarello several times. He's a really nice guy, local to the area I live in. He's even more handsome in person. *swoon* He is a little shorter than I assumed he would be.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I also talked to Nick Pope, Stan Friedman, and Jesse Ventura one time on ATS.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I know Matt Leblanc from friends. Grew up in a town just over yonder from where I live.

Nice guy.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I know Scarlet Johansson.

In my dreams.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Living in London (1970's) my father would play softball in Hyde Park on Saturday's. Different American companies would come and go.

One group, bunch of American and British folks started playing. We got to know them pretty well.

They were in the UK to make a sci-fi movie.

Star Wars.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join