It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Night Time Rainbow..with pic....wicked electrical storm in Georgia last night.....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
A friend just sent me a site that has a bunch of them up from last night...check these out....

Source
edit on 6/6/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Oh wow!! I'm in my element!
I notice one is off YouTubbies....I'm going hunting!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

We had an electrical storm last night here too. AMAZING morning.

Bad news for me about it was that I pulled an amateur move and plugged everything into a surge protector except the damn router. It blew my onboard NIC. I just moved in here yesterday and I totally didnt notice the bonehead mistake I made until a spark flew. I lucked out though. Everything else is fine. I just have to go out and buy a card now...UURGH!

Luckily I have integrated wifi on my board or I would be really pissed and offline. So everyone check your connections. An ethernet cable can send the surge right into your machine.

But at least its a nice day. Too bad I have nothing planned for today except ATS, a new coffee machine, a carton of cigarettes and cleaning. LOL

Nice pics!

I am in Morelos Mexico BTW. I guess it was a bigger weather front huh. It was crazy last night!

edit on 6 6 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Oh wow!! I'm in my element!
I notice one is off YouTubbies....I'm going hunting!
Rainbows
Jane

Yeah.....and there is supposed to be a second round of the same tonight, though I doubt we will get views like the one last night twice in a row. I will definitely have my head outside watching for it.....

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Oh that sucks, but at least you didn't say NIC card....that is one of my biggest pet peeves.....LOL

Yeah, storm must have been a really large one. It is already starting to rain here again after having a fairly sunny day today.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Another one I just found online, though this one is just lightning....

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Man I missed all this! I was out to eat with my wife and it was just real cloudy when we came out about that time.
I am north of Atlanta about 40 miles.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dragoon01
Man I missed all this! I was out to eat with my wife and it was just real cloudy when we came out about that time.
I am north of Atlanta about 40 miles.

That's too bad...hope the meal was good though! The show in the sky was impressive to say the least.....

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: engvbany

Wow amazing video. It almost looks like another planet is coming at earth.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: engvbany

Another video, similar phenomenon from 2011:

Windsor Ontario Canada, 13/08/2011. Rainbow during thunder storm gives an illusion of a red planet in the sky. During the video, a very very low flying airplane flys by and makes a hard bank into the area of the planet illusion. Video copyright of GreatCanadianNerd. All rights reserved.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Wow! I absolutely love those photos, I've never seen anything like it!

You are so lucky! Thank you for sharing.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

another 2 from youtube very cool

thanks op

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarahxfrancis
Wow! I absolutely love those photos, I've never seen anything like it!

You are so lucky! Thank you for sharing.

Yeah....it was amazing. Hope to see it again one day but have never seen anything like this before so chances it will happen again seem slim.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: engvbany
This looks like a video of it on You-Tube ... youtu.be...

Very cool...thanks for the link!

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

My daughter noticed the odd sky out the window right at dusk. I went out, saw that huge rainbow, came back in and cranked up the guitar to play "Rainbow in the Dark"...lol

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alaric

My daughter noticed the odd sky out the window right at dusk. I went out, saw that huge rainbow, came back in and cranked up the guitar to play "Rainbow in the Dark"...lol

Beat me to it.

youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

That is super neat! S & F

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: mindseye1609
so my question is, what is the light source for it? its clearly got color in it so is it the sun? a moonbow is white and as far as i know prefer to hang around waterfalls.

was it the lightning that created the rainbow? if so does lightning refract the same as sunlight or are the colors going to be different?

I wondered that myself....this was about 8:30 PM and it was already dark and really cloudy skies with a LOT of rain coming down just prior to this.....you can see that the pavement is wet.

Nice images. Was the color the same in the images as you actually saw? Some digital cameras have problems with that color spectrum. Seems to depend on the light source though. Both images look similar in color. Goes from magenta to blue, as far as i can tell...just looked at the other images. All similar in color too.
edit on 7-6-2014 by Harvin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
All I can think about is Octarine, the colour of magic, upon seeing this. Truly a beautiful image, and mysterious at the same time.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

I live in South Beach and its currently rain season.. I often see double rainbows and powerful lightning storms, but never a rainbow at night.. Awesome pic

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join