It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I open fire on a "open carry" person if they get too close to lining me up?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Maybe you're right. Let's add psychoactive prescription drugs to the discussion.

Another reason not to trust people "peacocking" with weapons in public.

The decision window for an armed good guy gets smaller all the time.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99

originally posted by: Antipathy17

originally posted by: Unity_99
I don't believe in open carry on your person, not sure about in your vehicle if there is no children on board. But open carry would be frightening and intimidating.

Why is it frightening and intimidating? Two major ideas stick out to me. Publicized gun violence (even though in most area's of the states its on decline) and Publicized fear. If we had more men and women walking around with guns and not killing people, like most people don't do; this would be another situation all together.

I don't want to walk around with people carryig their guns,or swords on them, like world of warcraft always afraid they might start shooting

I do believe in adults being armed, and well trained

I wonder about their training.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass
You seem to just be looking for a reason to shoot someone and you have referred to yourself as the "good guy" several times in this thread. The combination of those 2 things suggests to me that you should perhaps visit a professional,lay down on his couch and talk to him about it.

His appointment can be right after the guy that thinks he needs to carry a long gun around all the time. Anyone that feels so threatened that they need to carry a rifle with them wherever they go obviously has mental issues.

Of course you don't want people to have long guns, long guns are the tools you'd need to take down the corrupt,tyrannical,illegitimate administration that you so blindly support. You are completely anti-gun and far left so let's not pretend you support open or concealed carry. If you are a fan of handguns at all it's because so many of your constituants use them to rob liquor stores.

edit on 6-6-2014 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

If you are a fan of handguns at all it's because so many of your constituants use them to rob liquor stores.

Are you saying you don't support certain types of people carrying guns in the open? I am aware that many people use skin color and clothing in their threat assessments. Is that something you do or maybe you ask how people vote?

For example, a black male walks into a liquor store with an AR-15. How many microseconds would it take for you to perceive a threat and take action?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Pimpintology

I learned a long time ago to assess each situation. I don't carry, don't feel the need to do so, however, I always have my wits about me and constantly scan for threats. It doesn't mean I'm paranoid, I just prefer not to be caught with my face buried in an iPhone or whatever.

That being said, if a person walks into the DMV with a long gun, I'm sure that he would be scruitinized by the security guards there. If he gets too close to me, I'll do the unthinkable: I'll try and talk to him. Yeah, that's right. If he looks nervous and doesn't want to talk much, then it's a sign that I need to be close to him (to try and disarm him if anything begins.) If he's talking and generally relaxed, I can let my guard down a bit.

To answer the question: "Can I open fire?" I would answer No. Unless there is a pressing and immediate danger to your person, opening fire is unjustified and irresponsible.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Youre a licensed carrier like myself? And he lines you up in his sites or raises his long gun at you or someone else?

YES. You can drop him were he stands.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
If someone came into the DMV "carrying" you wouldn't have to worry for long. They would be removed immediately and charged with a felony. You can not carry in a government building, license or not.

I know that wasn't the point. I just wanted to make that point.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
No what I am saying is long guns are EXACTLY what the 2nd amendment is about. You will never overthrow the King of England with pistols.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Open carry in Florida is prohibited unless fishing, hunting, or target shooting.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I don't think it should be left to any chances. Without joining the military, there should be civilian levels of responsible courses, that prepare for all events, including usage and even scenarios. Not walking to the door in the night with your gun out and being shot by the police say, or shooting your neighbors daughter who's house is on fire or mother had a heart attack.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Can you even carry firearms in a government building? I didn't think so personally, but I guess I could be wrong. If that is the case then maybe he is there to shoot you for carrying a weapon...

Edit to add: It is not fair to completely sidestep your question like that, because the point you are trying to make is not lost on me. I get it. But, a citizen carrying a gun needs to behave like a police officer should...You cannot just go and shoot someone if they are not a physical threat to you. So technically, unless he starts shooting you should not be able to do anything, IF he is legally carrying a firearm. As SOON as he levels it at someone then you can shoot him. Probabilistically speaking, this likely will not be you, so if you are a good shot you should have the drop on him.

But there is a HUGE issue that I have overlooked thus far...Concealed carry means just that: CONCEALED. You should not be able to see the firearm, and this is partly to keep people who don't like guns or who think any person with a gun is dangerous from freaking out. If a guy walks into a building carrying a rifle, it will depend on the law in that particular state. There is a HUGE difference between doing that and walking in with a handgun concealed on your person, because nobody is the wiser. My main point is that it is called concealed carry for a reason.
edit on 6/6/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
That's not Open Carry. a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

A patron at the store who carried a firearm confronted Jerad Miller, not realizing that he was accompanied by Amanda Miller, who shot and killed the man, police said. He was identified as 31-year-old Joseph Wilcox of Las Vegas

This is what can happen when someone is open carrying and CC person opens his yap instead of pulling the trigger.

edit on 10-6-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: shpelling

<< 1  2   >>

join