It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The irony of Apple's 1984 ad introducing the Mac.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Meh, I love Apple products now. I used to hate them. Then I bought a Macbook Pro on a whim and realized how awesome they actually are. Dig the iPhone too.

It is incredibly rare for me to have a problem with any Apple device (until I accidentally dropkicked the MacBook Pro) and shattered the screen on accident. Liked it enough after 2 years of use and 0 problems that I bought another Mac. Yeah it's more expensive, but they last longer (in my experience) and are far more reliable than the competition.

They are a little more spendy and I dislike that they're 'hip' but they get the job done well and have some pretty awesome software and features. Guess what Skeptic Overlord uses.

It seems like it's become trendy to dislike Apple now, and while I get it, think most people that used one for a day would probably make the switch. Battery life is phenomenal, software is intuitive, mouse pad never needs to be cleaned to work as expected, keyboard is awesome, syncs up with all my stuff, I don't worry nearly as much about viruses. I compare them to a Lexus. Awesome build quality, reliable as a Toyota, nice interior and exterior, fast enough for my needs and a little pricier because of the brand.

I don't trust Microsoft or Google any more or less than Apple.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

i compare them to playskool
nice and shiny with awesome build quality but designed for technologically inept people who do better with hand gestures than a full worded explanation

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: sirhumperdink

To each his own. I actually kinda like your analogy. You can certainly do more with a PC. I have one for gaming and it lays waste to a new MacBook Pro at half the cost.

For my everyday computing needs I don't need more than Playskool. I like the simplicity, and that it works every time I turn it on. I don't want to have to mess around with something I use daily for basic stuff like web browsing and typing. To me Apple is a nice daily driver.

I wouldn't say I'm technologically inept, but I certainly don't know much. I agree that a large share of the target market are those that are clueless. That's fine for what I use the thing for. You can have a lot more fun in a manual but automatics are great in traffic. If my car was offered in an automatic (it's not) I still wouldn't have bought one. I guess you feel that way about your computers.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

It is all a lie. TPTB are smart mother you know what's. Look around the sheep have bought the lie hook line and sinker. Everyone carries a tracking device around with them every single day. They do not even have to ask for info as many give up every personal detail in social media. They used the technology you can not live without.

I have to hand it to them......Brilliant minds at the top. We willing enslaved ourselves.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

I wouldn't say I'm technologically inept, but I certainly don't know much. I agree that a large share of the target market are those that are clueless. That's fine for what I use the thing for. You can have a lot more fun in a manual but automatics are great in traffic. If my car was offered in an automatic (it's not) I still wouldn't have bought one. I guess you feel that way about your computers.

yep
i feel the same about cars btw (i just havent learned d%^k all about them)
manual is a lot more fun, saves on gas and brakes, and in general just gives you a lot more control over the vehicle

top topics

<< 1   >>

join