It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vodaphone release info on government spying.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Vodaphone have broken their silence on the scale of government spying on their networks. Hard lines which allow the government to listen live to all conversations.

Vodafone, one of the world's largest mobile phone groups, has revealed the existence of secret wires that allow government agencies to listen to all conversations on its networks, saying they are widely used in some of the 29 countries in which it operates in Europe and beyond.

The company said wires had been connected directly to its network and those of other telecoms groups, allowing agencies to listen to or record live conversations and, in certain cases, track the whereabouts of a customer. Privacy campaigners said the revelations were a "nightmare scenario" that confirmed their worst fears on the extent of snooping.

The company has broken its silence on government surveillance in order to push back against the increasingly widespread use of phone and broadband networks to spy on citizens, and will publish its first Law Enforcement Disclosure Report on Friday . At 40,000 words, it is the most comprehensive survey yet of how governments monitor the conversations and whereabouts of their people.

Original Article
Since Snowden blew the whistle on all this a lot of info has come out but for me this is the worst case of government spying that I know about.

Personally I find it completely and totally unacceptable. Needs to be stopped! I hate the phrase "Privacy Campaigners". Everyone should be a privacy campaigner this should be unacceptable to everyone and not get swept under the rug! If this is protection from terrorists I dont want it. My own government are a bigger threat to my freedom and privacy than terrorists.
edit on 2439Friday392014-06-06T02:39:24-05:003924 6 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I hope this opens the flood gates, at the very least the American public (and the international community, evidently) have the right to know the extent to which their privacies and liberties are being undermined and belittled. Truly disgusting.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Already posted:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Today they are called "privacy campaigners", tomorrow they`ll be called terrorists. The docile populace will say "If you ain't got nuttn to hide, you ain't got nuttn to be worried about".

Big thumbs up to Vodafone for coming out.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating
Today they are called "privacy campaigners", tomorrow they`ll be called terrorists. The docile populace will say "If you ain't got nuttn to hide, you ain't got nuttn to be worried about".

Big thumbs up to Vodafone for coming out.

Those docile people are people without principle or morals. Because I have nothing to hide and every part of me feels wronged by my government.

Right now its for "National Security" which is questionable anyway but how long before its used on everyone. How long before phone calls are passed onto the Inland Revenue to catch people arranging quick cash in hand jobs on a sunday for some extra money. Or to monitor for protests and gatherings of people who find this kind of thing disgusting

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Ha this is interesting since my father has been working for a major network for a few years now, me thinks i will have to throw a few questions his way

And more on topic, not that its a surprise really, but the ease of access they have is somewhat unsettling. Do they even need warrants to tap into a call?

top topics

join