It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Singing nun wins The Voice in Italy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

She won 62% of the final vote.

Thank you Italy! One of the best winners of reality singing shows ever. Praise @god!

Sister Cristina’s winning song was “Flashdance… What a Feeling”

Singing nun wins The Voice in Italy

I don't know how many of you have been following this, but the world has just witnessed the birth of a rock star nun.

Talented, hilarious, amazing yet still humble are the best words to describe sister Cristina.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I'll embed some YT vids later. I can't do it from my phone sadly

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I guess that it depends on what she does with it.

I have some traditional Catholic friends who are horrified by what she's been doing. Personally, I'm willing to see how she deals with this success. But, overall, I was impressed with her.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: adjensen

I have some traditional Catholic friends who are horrified by what she's been doing.

As a recovering Catholic I'm surprised how anyone could be horrified at someone who uses their god given talent and cherishes that talent. She is grateful for her voice and shares it.
My whole traditional Catholic mob love her.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
It will be interesting to see where she goes with this but I can tell you right now religion isn't the first thing on her mind.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
She is really good.

It is wrong to hide or ignore your gifts God gave you. I am very happy seeing her using her gifts.

edit on 6-6-2014 by Lostinthedarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
As promised, the songs she sung in the final

edit on 6-6-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Talk about the extreme opposite of modern stars like Miley.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I don't think anyone thought she'd actually win, and when she did she saved her trump card for last lol

Wearing a nun's habit and a crucifix around her neck, the 25-year-old broke into prayer at the end of the live final and thanked God for her victory in the singing contest in front of cheering fans and puzzled organisers.

"I want Jesus to come in here!" she said. "My presence here is not up to me, it's thanks to the man upstairs!"

The comments came moments after beating a 28-year-old long-haired hard rocker who had just performed "Stairway to Heaven".

Members of the crowd held t-shirts with the nun's face emblazoned after she entered the final as a surprise front runner.

Source

I will be pleasantly surprised if she takes up the recording contract. I wouldn't be surprised though if she turns it down after the judge Piero called her the devil incarnate though. (What WAS he thinking when he said that?!)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

As a recovering Catholic I'm surprised how anyone could be horrified at someone who uses their god given talent and cherishes that talent.

Their complaint was in regards to this song, as they object to a "Bride of Christ" singing about sex:
(Note that "traditional Catholic" means something very specific, they're not your run of the mill Catholics and, as I said, I don't know that I agree with them.)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
It may be the scotch talking but I found myself grinning like a madman by the end of every video I watched. From the looks of the crowd up in their seats dancing I wasn't the only one. I'm more of a heavy metal/nosebleed techno guy but something about seeing a nun get up there and have a ball was pure joy to watch. It was cool to see the older nuns dancing in the isles as well...seems nunneries (is that the right word?) have changed ALOT since I was a kid

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

time of my life is about sex?
i suspect they did the sister act thing where you transplant modern songs as songs of joy.
I understand you were saying it wasn't your thoughts

"The Time Of My Life"

I’ve been waiting for my dreams
To turn into something
I could believe in
And looking for that
Magic rainbow
On the horizon
I couldn’t see it
Until I let go
Gave into love and watched all the bitterness burn
Now I’m coming alive
Body and soul
And feelin’ my world start to turn

And I’ll taste every moment
And live it out loud
I know this is the time,
This is the time
To be more than a name
Or a face in the crowd
I know this is the time
This is the time of my life
Time of my life

Holding onto things that vanished
Into the air
Left me in pieces
But now I’m rising from the ashes
Finding my wings
And all that I needed
Was there all along
Within my reach
As close as the beat of my heart

So I’ll taste every moment
And live it out loud
I know this is the time,
This is the time to be
More than a name
Or a face in the crowd
I know this is the time
Time of my life

And I’m out on the edge of forever
Ready to run
I’m keeping my feet on the ground
My arms open wide
My face to the sun

I’ll taste every moment
And live it out loud
I know this is the time,
This is the time to be
More than a name
Or a face in the crowd
I know this is the time
Time of my life
More than a name
Or a face in the crowd
This is the time
This is the time of my life.
This is the time of my life.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

time of my life is about sex?

I believe that it is the theme song to the movie Dirty Dancing, no? I've never seen the film, but from the title, I'm guessing that it's about sex.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
hehehe i'd guess its about having the time of your life
Be it sex, dancing or singing.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Hey this is almost weirder, a child that can sing the blues like this. Freaky! 8 year old wins Noways got talent
www.thelocal.no...
edit on 6-6-2014 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Talk about the extreme opposite of modern stars like Miley

Yup Sister SUOR CRISTINA has 2 things many pop stars dont have , class and talent.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Lostinthedarkness

I'd really love for Sister Cristina to release a thoroughly modern album full of songs rich in praise and spiritual value.

Songs like wind beneath my wings, pray (by Tina Cousins) and new original ones as well as some tried and tested classics to a new beat.

I know I'd buy something like that to listen to and praise god along with. The expectation of course would be that profits go to charity.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

I wish she would put out some cds . It would be a nice change from the drug sex and violence crazed music from our current music stars.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

That is pretty weird. And impressive.

But I'll see your eight year old jazz singer and raise you a seven year old who drums about as good as Neil Peart

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Lostinthedarkness

Yes it would be. This nun sings from a place of pure joy and reverence for our creator.

It makes a wonderful change from all the negativity and suffering that popular music of today constantly portrays.

new topics

top topics

join