It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game Of Thrones WTH? No Good, Uber Evil, SOB

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
By SOB, I do mean this guy...

The B can stand for biscuit, blind hate, bully, baby beluga, whatever you wish. I have seen GOT mentioned on here more times than I can mention. So I decided to check it out. Yes, I am aware of how far behind the times I am.

I am now on Season 2 Episode 1 and I just want to say....

WTH Joffrey? What twisted person came up with this twisted character? I am not sure I have ever disliked a fictional character as much as I do this guy. I catch myself making "The Stink Face" every time he shows up on camera.

That's pretty much all I wanted to say. I can't stand him. Thanks everyone for sucking me into GOT, if Joffrey doesn't get what's coming to him down the road I might just slam my face into the keyboard.

AND NO! NO SPOILERS PLEASE!

You may now return to your regularly scheduled program.

*If you couldn't care less, you really don't have to let me know. I realize the entire world doesn't revolve around my opinion of Joffrey.
edit on 6/5/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Yes, he is annoying indeed....

tell me what you think of season 3 episode 9 when u get to it!

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Will do. I am really enjoying it more than I thought I would (except for Joffrey). I didn't expect to like it all, which is why it took me so long to check it out.

The effects, characters, and story lines are constantly twisting in many directions. It keeps you interested for sure.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I have seen GOT mentioned on here more times than I can mention. So I decided to check it out.

I didn't actually start watching GOT until the 2nd season came out.

A bunch of friends were talking about it every Sunday during the first season, but I didn't really pay much attention. One of the Walking Dead seasons just ended and I wanted to find another TV show worth watching. (These 2 shows and 1 other are the only shows I actually watch). When season 2 of GOT started soon after, I binge watched the 1st season within 48 hours and then watched every episode of every season afterwards on Sunday nights.

ETA - GOT has some of the best writing and actors of any TV show out there.
edit on 5-6-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

ETA 2- Don't go and check out the GOT episode discussion thread going on here either. Wait until you're all caught up before you even open that thread.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I don't like Joffrey either, can't stand the little twerp, however, credit where credit is due. He did a fantastic job of making everyone hate him, so he literally played the perfect role. He seems a good enough kid in real life, so that's damn good acting.

Wait till ya get to season 4 episode 8....

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

And also season 4 episode 8, the latest one!

ETA - And just for a little fun... GOT is the most popular series in HBO history

'Game of Thrones' most popular series in HBO history

Episodes in the fourth season of the show have an average gross audience of 18.4 million, including repeat showings, video on demand and mobile streaming, which broke the record of 18.2 million set by the 2002 season of the mobster drama, "The Sopranos."

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

How do you feel about his Uncle/Father the Kingslayer?

Edit: The books are great too.
edit on 5-6-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Welcome to your new addiction, from a fellow addict.

It only gets better.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: buni11687

I started binge watching it a few nights ago. I get torn between wanting to watch more and slowing down so I have something good to watch for a while. Like you, I only watch a few tv shows. There are very few out there worth watching unfortunately.

I will stay away from that thread for certain. I have been really lucky so far not to run into any spoilers and nobody I know IRL watches it. Hopefully I can avoid them until I have caught up.

And I agree. Very good writing and acting. There is no telling what the budget is for the show!

a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Absolutely! He does indeed do a fantastic job. He has the perfect face for it as well. If you didn't know better... you would swear he was like that in the real world. I have come across some interviews of him but have not watched them because I am afraid it will give something away that I haven't seen yet. I am curious to see how he acts during a normal interview.

a reply to: WakeUpBeer

I don't like him so far either. Not including the fact that my jaw was on the floor when I realized that brother and sister were... er... Ew.

I heard there were books. I will probably check those out as well. I love to read.

a reply to: beezzer

Thanks. I think. I can't wait to catch up, but don't want to run out of episodes quite yet either. Such difficult first world problems.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Just keep watching...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

In my opinion it is hands down the best show on TV....ever! It only gets better the further you watch it. It has me cursing the Seven Gods, old and new, when it isn't on.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LadySkadi

Wild horses...
I'm thoroughly sucked in now!

a reply to: TheLieWeLive

I think I am starting to agree with you more and more on that. It is certainly one of the best I have seen in a really long time. Just when you think you know what is getting ready to go down... BAM!!! You had no clue! I like that.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

S3E5. Let me know what you think of the Kingslayer then!

I recently got into the show as well and binge watched it. Then started reading the books. They are pretty close. The only major difference I have noticed so far was a battle involving Tyrion. In the show he is knocked unconscious, in the book he headbutts a horse in the gut! The author, George R. R. Martin actually works on the show with HBO so it's good to know the whole thing has his seal of approval. Enjoy not having to wait a week while it lasts!
edit on 5-6-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: winter is coming and the night is dark and full of terrors

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: buni11687

And also season 4 episode 8, the latest one!

ETA - And just for a little fun... GOT is the most popular series in HBO history

'Game of Thrones' most popular series in HBO history

Episodes in the fourth season of the show have an average gross audience of 18.4 million, including repeat showings, video on demand and mobile streaming, which broke the record of 18.2 million set by the 2002 season of the mobster drama, "The Sopranos."

I still have chills from that last scene!

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I think I am starting to agree with you more and more on that. It is certainly one of the best I have seen in a really long time. Just when you think you know what is getting ready to go down... BAM!!! You had no clue! I like that.

Like combatmaster said, wait until season 3 episode 9, then season 4 turns it up again. I came out of my seat on the latest episode. Everyone in the room at the time agreed, best show on TV.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

You'll learn that everyone dies in GoT, no one is safe.

That is all.
edit on 5-6-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle
Episode 2 you mean.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I started to realize that when they killed Lord Stark. I thought for sure they weren't going to. I hated that they actually did.

Then again, that is part of what makes it so good. You never know.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

The character I despise the most still lives!

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
The books are really really good. I don't usually read books of that genre, but I gave them a try and got sucked right in! If you're loving the show, finish it/get caught up before you read the books. Otherwise some of the glamour of the show might wear off when you realize its close, but just not quite as good as the books.

Joffrey... ugh, such a jerk face!
edit on 5-6-2014 by MojaveBurning because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join