It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LGBTQ is forced on elementary students in schools without parents consent

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Where do a parent's rights and factual reality intersect?

Does a parent have the right to prevent their child from being taught science, because they believe in a literal seven day creation 6000 years ago by Yahweh?

Does a parent have the right to prevent their child from understanding that people are different and that they shouldn't be bullied because of those differences?

In short, does a parent have the right to cause harm to their child based on their belief systems ... a child who will have years trying to adjust to the realities of the world the rest of us live in?

Is the child the possession or property of the parent to do with as they will?
edit on 22Thu, 05 Jun 2014 22:57:52 -050014p102014666 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Forcing a Christian curriculum would cause an uproar of epic proportions from the left.

But teach a progressive curriculum, not a peep.

How ironic that the converse is also true, as evidenced in this thread of discussion ... why, it's almost like people have differing ideas about what is right and wrong!

Imagine that.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Wow, talk about piss-poor reading comprehension; were you homeschooled too?

(Apologies in advance to anyone who takes homeschooling their children seriously and tries to use real curricula.)

And you've got absolutely no basis for your statement ... not unlike the rest of your statements regarding the OP article that you apparently didn't read fully ... and it's really EASY to see what your "politically correct" values are, they just happen to be regurgitated daily from Fox and the RNC Echo Chamber ... and frankly, why do you think anyone ANYONE would want to change YOU or your beliefs? You're words on a screen, at best.

Some would call that an inflated sense of importance ... others, megalomania. You can think whatever derivative crap drops from the Murdock-Limbaugh-Hannity-Et. Al. sewage pipeline suits you, but when you post drivel on an open forum, expect people still in touch with reality to call you on your ditto-headed rants.

Was that pertaining to the topic or just a personal attack?

You fail at the personal attack method, because first you have to belittle me, which you know nothing about me, then you strike where I am not expecting which won't happen because (A) you still know nothing about me.

FAIL

I suggest you stick around, maybe you'll learn a thing or two, but I doubt it.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: txinfidel

Was that pertaining to the topic or just a personal attack?

You fail at the personal attack method, because first you have to belittle me, which you know nothing about me, then you strike where I am not expecting which won't happen because (A) you still know nothing about me.

FAIL

I suggest you stick around, maybe you'll learn a thing or two, but I doubt it.

Says the poster whose posts are composed by 90% opinions about others opinions and short "Amen" quips? LOL.

Or could it be that you don't like it when your own medicine is fed back to you? I see.

What's belittling, exactly? ... calling you out on your obvious political bias? YOU brought political beliefs into the equation, not me.

Pointing out the pointless bravado of "you're not going to change ME!" LOL.

Disagreeing with your mendacity?

It's your thread, if you feel like you're being picked on or bullied, report it to the mods.

Oh wait ... that's kind of what the whole thread is about, isn't it? You're feeling put down the same way that gay kids are all too often put down on a daily basis.

Yet, you don't want to try to do anything to help that situation, do you?

Ironic that. Mod away.

edit on 23Thu, 05 Jun 2014 23:11:00 -050014p112014666 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Forcing a Christian curriculum would cause an uproar of epic proportions from the left.

How ironic that the converse is also true, as evidenced in this thread of discussion ... why, it's almost like people have differing ideas about what is right and wrong!

Imagine that.

And what is wrong with pointing out hypocrisy?

Math has no bias.
Geology has no bias.
Reading comprehension has no bias.

(ad nauseum)

Teaching a Christian curriculum would be inappropriate.
Teaching a liberal, leftist curriculum would be inappropriate.

Providing actual education for students would be a good thing.
Providing a foundation where students could discern for themselves would be a good thing.
Providing an environment that would encourage critical thinking, would be a good thing.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

Weird

I find it funny that it seems ok for one side to force their agenda on one group, while screaming that another group doesnt have the right to "infringe" on them....

I swear people dont even realize the ludicrousness of it all.....

This is why my child is taught privately.....lol

What I see is your bias against religion affecting your ability to think rationally.....and fairly......
Look at your knee jerk reaction, emotionally charged and borderline hateful......

But yet you dont want anyone to infringe on YOUR rights, while you basically come off like a bully about their belief system?

Come on man....lets be intellectually honest about this........

People dont have to like each others points of view......but that gives niether side the right to claim moral high ground and mandate their belief system be spoon fed to our children in the school system....

We have a right to freedom, we have a right to equality, but NOT a right NOT to be offended....

edit on 6/5/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Imagine that.

And what is wrong with pointing out hypocrisy?

Math has no bias.
Geology has no bias.
Reading comprehension has no bias.

(ad nauseum)

Teaching a Christian curriculum would be inappropriate.
Teaching a liberal, leftist curriculum would be inappropriate.

Providing actual education for students would be a good thing.
Providing a foundation where students could discern for themselves would be a good thing.
Providing an environment that would encourage critical thinking, would be a good thing.

Absolutely agree with EVERYTHING you said! EDIT: Except that a true liberal/leftist curriculum would be very similar to a true Christian one, but neither would be so today ... but we digress.

So, why would a school system avoid issues that real kids face on a daily basis in the real world merely because their parents aren't comfortable with the questions that might come up? Kids are quite sophisticated these days; I'm betting they can handle it.

edit on 23Thu, 05 Jun 2014 23:17:12 -050014p112014666 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Absolutely agree with EVERYTHING you said!

So, why would a school system avoid issues that real kids face on a daily basis in the real world merely because their parents aren't comfortable with the questions that might come up? Kids are quite sophisticated these days; I'm betting they can handle it.

When you address issues that kids face on a daily basis, then you take away from the basis for their education.

It is actually up to the parents to address the issues that they may face. Whether it is gay people, bullies, left, right, religious issues, it all distracts from the central focus.

Right now, as we speak, our children (nation-wide) are some of the dumbest kids on the planet.

Sure, they may be sensitive to gay/lesbian issues and abhor bullies, but can they use math?

Can they point out a state on a map?

Can they parse a sentence? Write a sonnet? Recite a poem? Tell you who fought in the Civil War?

Nope.

We're encouraging a nation of "sensitive" idiots.

I think it goes without saying that the smarter a person is, the less bigoted, biased they are. (Sure, there are exceptions)

So why not make our nations children SMARTER, so that they will (by default) be more tolerant, be more accepting of others?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I think your missing the point. The reason I made this thread is that I don't put up with bullying wether it be you, someone else, a gang or the federal government and why should I? You can think whatever you want but that doesn't mean that I will ever agree with you. Wether you resort to personal attacks, intimidation or straight up mob rule. It will never change.

So for those of you that fell you have been pushed around and bullied heres a novel idea. Why not stand up to them. Instead of acting like a coward and crying for others to come help you, you could empower yourself and have a real sense of empowerment for once in your life.

But if you like playing the victim card, call for help and play victim. Makes no difference to me. Wether you are a bully, a state or just a an angry mob. I will stand my ground.

I won't have any regrets about it either.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Increasing sensitivity to issues of difference is NOT what has "dumbed down" our educational system.

Parents either would or would not deal with helping their kids adjust to others ... obviously, because we're all caught up in reproducing little copies of our selves and our belief systems.

Parents all too often oppose the teaching of mainstream science ... because it conflicts with their religious beliefs.

Yet, the world's technology is based on mainstream science ... not belief. Why should a parent be allowed to do that to their children?

The failures of the educational system are many, and I have some first hand experience with that as a past teacher.

There are two great problems at the root of the issues though. 1) Kids are not taught to take personal responsibility for their actions and 2) Kids are taught that beliefs can take the place of facts, that emotional argumentation can replace logic and reason.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: txinfidel

S&F for posting more truth people need to see! I'll be linking to your thread from mine (signature) as well, since a lot of
folks there are claiming all sex ed is all good. Calling this "anti-bullying" doesn't change what it is, and the statements made on their goals fit right in with that discussion. Abortion supporters and homosexual supporters all linked up, brainwashing the school kids.

More and more common these days. It's no wonder more parents are turning to home schooling and private schools.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

There are two great problems at the root of the issues though. 1) Kids are not taught to take personal responsibility for their actions and 2) Kids are taught that beliefs can take the place of facts, that emotional argumentation can replace logic and reason.

Oh boy I think I already said that when I said teaching LGBTQ to uneducated elementary school students was not age appropriate.

Oh well, carry on.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Good god! So now, either I or the school system (its unclear from your confused rhetoric) are playing "the victim card"???

This from the poster who was just whining that they were being "personally attacked" because someone (namely me) disagreed with their position and pointed out the inconsistency of their argument?

That's rich. I'm not sure there's any reason to continue this conversation with you. Either you or I are beyond reach.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Who's "teaching LGBTQ" to kids? Kids are being taught about not bullying other people because of their differences.

No, you didn't say anything like what I said. That reading comprehension thing again, no doubt.

link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

no prob pm me anytime you want to discuss whatever without all the hysteria. I would appreciate it.

link   

I agree with you on these 2 points.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

And yet people having religious beliefs and parents deciding to teach their own kids the way they wanted..hasnt seemed to slow us down has it?

Look at the technological advances that weve made in the last 30 years.........

Made by people who were taught by a system where parents got to choose how their children learned.....

Yet we want to "fix" it?

This thought that because people have a religious view that they cant possibly teach people to think intellectually and be scientific is as ignorant a thought process as you claim people who have religious views to be....

And history has PROVEN that our old system of learning is superior to the one we have now....

like beezer said, all you have to do is look at the current level of intelligence and curriculum knowledge of the people coming out of highschool these days to see that......

This current "fix it" idea has done nothing but drop our standing in the world on an educational level

Numbers dont lie.......

the progressive thought process seems to be "Fix it till its broke"

The Irony, you say what you said above.....

Yet its the HOME SCHOOLED kids, where the parents have control over their curriculum ,that consistently score many times higher then people in public schools

IN EVERY AREA......

You can look up the statistics if you like......but its fact.....

edit on 6/5/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Im not going to call you a moron, but when you teach five and six year olds about gay and transgendered before they have even discovered genitalia and sex it suggests to them that maybe its accepted behavior and even expected.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: smithjustinb

What act are you talking about

The defining act.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: nixie_nox
a reply to: smithjustinb

According to whom?

According to the necessity of procreation for the survival of a species.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join