It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RAC MiG eyes fifth generation fighter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The head of RAC MiG has spoken out about potential plans to build a fifth generation fighter based on the MiG-35 platform. The Foxhound would form the foundation for the platform. He goes on to say that concepts have already been designed by company engineers, without saying how much study has been performed.

It would have a separate mission from the Sukhoi T-50, as the MiG-35 is over 10,000 pounds lighter than the T-50. He also believes it is "very likely" that it will be built.

RAC MiG is contemplating building a fifth-generation fighter which would use its current MiG-35 platform as a "foundation" for the introduction of new technologies.

Sergey Korotkov, general director of the Russian firm, says concepts for a new aircraft have already been worked on by company engineers.

"I know this is one of the ideas, one of the directions, that is in the pockets of the design bureau," he says, speaking through an interpreter. "I do hope that we shall stick to this direction more seriously very soon."

www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
So not even off off the drawing board

However, in the meantime RAC MiG is still waiting for confirmation of a long-awaited order from Russia's defence ministry for the present MiG-35.

And backed up already on he MIG-35

Long way off but cool news

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

I suspect that if they get the go ahead, they can have it off the boards fairly quickly, but it's at least 5 years or more from first flight at this point.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Probably a moded Mig 35 with LO. Perhaps like a silent eagle?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Not for fifth gen. They would have to do alot more to that airframe to make it as stealthy as jets like the F-22.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Interesting that the concepts have already been worked on...

I wonder what the J-31...whoops, I mean MiG 5th gen will look like.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Boy, those 6th gen US jets can't get here soon enough.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Isn't MiG working on the LMFS?

top topics

join