It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thread Closed Pending Review!!!...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
We've all seen this dreaded message in the final post in many decent threads...
Some of them months old...

I was just wondering how long it usually takes to get the threads back up & running!!!
Or is there a back log to get through from years ago???

Just a quick query!!!

Peace everybody!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
some come back in hours, most never return

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Thanks pal, given the content of some that makes a lot of sense!!!

Peace Indigent!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I've had many threads closed, and a few even reopened but most of the time it's as good as gone once your thread is closed. The staff is usually very proactive in responding to your queries, I have questioned the reason a few times and politely voiced my concern. They almost always get back to me - even though if the response is not what I wanted to hear.

I even started a thread on this exact same topic!

Oddly enough it was shut down...

"Closed Pending Review - LOL!"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ETA:

I was rather intoxicated when I authored that thread.

Yours is much more polite so I assume yours will remain open

edit on 6/5/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

Wish I could star that post pal!!!

It was actually your Syria Propaganda thread I was enjoying when I came to ask this question!!!
Was very informative until someone decided they didn't like the idea of propaganda being exposed!!!
Seems unfair for a whole thread to be shut down due to one person derailing!!!

Keep it up anyways

Peace Corruption Exposed!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
It seems to me that after a thread has been "closed for review" that if the thread is not re-opened, then the last post should be the results of the review.

How about a public explaination of why the tread was closed so future posters can avoid the same mistake. I get the impression sometimes that particular posters go off the rails to get a thread closed simply because they don't want the topic discussed.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

How about a public explaination of why the tread was closed so future posters can avoid the same mistake. I get the impression sometimes that particular posters go off the rails to get a thread closed simply because they don't want the topic discussed.

That's a good idea to be fair...
And the second point you made is definitely true...
It's a lose-lose situation if people can purposely aggravate a topic into the bin or 404 department!!!

Peace Victor!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

It would be nice if a Mod could just ban a particular poster from a particular thread when they get out of hand.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I've seen threads closed because the information provided was proven to be fake or a hoax.

I've seen threads closed because they were threads attacking ATS members.

I've seen threads closed because they were attacking the ATS site owners.

Those almost never re-open.

I've also seen threads closed because the discussion got way out of hand. After repeated mod warnings to settle down, not attack each other, stick to the topic, etc.
Sometimes those threads open back up.....and it's not log before the name calling and bickering flares up again, only to get the thread shut down once again.......and never reopened.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I've usually seen them closed and stay closed for good. And I've always agreed with it when it happens. It's usually because members start tossing around more insults than actual topic discussion.

I've only seen probably 3 or 4 threads come back online after being closed for review. It doesn't happen often - IMHO.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I have also known of certain people who are thinkers who have posted ideas and facts on a thread and it stayed there about 10 minutes and then disappeared.

Their views and understanding were not wanted by someone. Not speaking of ATS per se..but other boards.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
As has been alluded to above, we close threads for a number of reasons including, but not limited to

Blatant Hoaxes
Frauds
Persistent trolling/arguing/bickering that is getting out of hand - sometimes to allow people to cool off (in which case they are re-opened), and other times because the thread has reached obtuseness and the arguments are ad nauseum.

"Pending review" is our attempt to save it where we can - sometimes we will take action on posts/posters in the thread after we've closed it however if so much action is required that there are likely to be pages of post removals and warns the topic will remain closed.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Thanks pal, & to all who participated in this thread, the insight was much appreciated!!!

Peace Indigent!!!
Peace Corruption!!!
Peace Victor!!!
Peace Erik!!!
Peace FF!!!
Peace Orange!!!
Peace neformore!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
I've seen threads closed because the information provided was proven to be fake or a hoax.

No reason to close threads like that being that there is a forum specifically catered to hoaxes. Circumstances surrounding exactly why it's a hoax can provide positive discussion and help to determine the hows and whys of misleading info and disinfo tactics.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueMessiah

originally posted by: eriktheawful

No reason to close threads like that being that there is a forum specifically catered to hoaxes. Circumstances surrounding exactly why it's a hoax can provide positive discussion and help to determine the hows and whys of misleading info and disinfo tactics.

True, but I have seen it happen.

Scroll up 2 posts and see nefemore's reply.

top topics

join