It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bushcraft On Fire Radio : 06/05/2014: Odd Tools, Soup in the Wilds and Tarps, Tents and Tarantulas

page: 1

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Thursday, 06/05/2014 at 8:00PM EDT

Via The ATS Radio Site (high and low bandwidth players, and stream links for most commercial players available)

Via Shoutcast (high and low bandwidth players available)

Via Tune In (both the site and the Iphone and Android Apps - search for ATS Radio

Via Semperfortis.us

Or click on the image above

The gathered panel of hosts include Military Veterans, Mountain Men and just plain old Hillbillies with a combined experience in Survival of over 100 years!!!!!

Your Panel

JacKatMtn
Semperfortis
David Wendell
Ahabstar
Bear Truth
XPert11
TheRedNeck

Hour One

Tools .. You Can Use?

Let's look at some odd ball tools being touted for survival purposes

Hour Two

SOUP.. "It's Whats For Dinner"
Let's discuss making soup in the primitive outdoors

Hour Three

Tarps, Tents and Tarantulas

So TUNE IN THURSDAY @ 8:00PM EASTERN via illustrial.net and give us a listen while you learn and expand your knowledge along the way. And if you have not checked out our Bush Craft On Fire YouTube Channel, stop by and watch the videos we have up. Be sure to leave comments, hit the like button or subscribe as you feel is appropriate.

Don't forget to go visit the Bushcraftonfire Website where you can listen to our past shows, take a Survival quiz and much more!!!!

Also visit our NEWEST Site... Bushcraft On Fire Radio for all the latest news, updates, old shows, videos and pictures!!!!

OH YEAH! While you listen, come on the Facebook Page and post your questions, thoughts and comments, or just follow the survival conversation.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

If you have trouble hearing the show on the above links, tune in to the Low Bandwidth here HERE

Call In Numbers for you to call and join in the conversation

In the United States

(954) 903-0748

UK and Europe

0113 8150068

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: semperfortis

How does Venison and Artichoke Stew sound?
Lamb, goat, squirrel, etc can be the meat substitution.

Venison and Artichoke Stew:
4 tbl butter
2 pounds boneless version cubed
3 yellow onions chopped
2 cloves garlic smashed
1/2 cup parsley chopped
1 6oz can tomato paste
1 cup dry white wine
2 14 oz can of artichokes in brine drained
1 tbl dill weed
1/2 lemon juiced
Salt pepper to taste
Preparation:
Brown the meat in butter, add onions garlic parley Waite 10 minutes then everything else.
Simmer for 20 minutes over medium heat.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Granite

MY mamas world famous chicken soup, kills H1n1 and all other nastry bugs (disclaimer :not really)
Both soups below are from the ol' family village that had no water and electricity (still doesn't)

The best SChicken soup is made with hens. These old chickens have more flavour that make the tastiest soups. Hens are large and will make a very greasy soup if you’re only filling a standard size stock pot.
Makes about 12 cups of broth
otherwise....

1 to 1 1/2 pounds of chicken pieces (legs, thighs, backs, necks, wings) or one-quarter of a hen

1/2 pound to 1 pound of beef bones (with or without meat, preferably with marrow)

1 onion, peeled

1 large carrot, peeled

1 medium parsley root with tops attached, peeled

2 stalks celery (I like to use 1 green stalk and 1 yellow stalk from the centre of the bunch)

2 cloves garlic, peeled

6 litres cold water (or enough water to fill to the top and cover all the ingredients)

4 or 5 peppercorns

2 teaspoons salt

Add all of the ingredients to a large stock pot and cover with water. Toss in the peppercorns and salt and over medium-high heat, with the lid of the pot covering it half-way, bring to a simmer. This will take about a half hour or so, since the water is cold. It is important to use cold water so that all of the ingredients come to temperature together.

Shortly before the contents come to a boil, you will notice foam starting to accumulate on the surface. Skim these impurities off with a spoon. As soon as you see the stock come to a simmer turn down the heat to low. You are looking for only the smallest bubbles to break the surface. Anything more will create a cloudy soup. Impurities will continue to rise to the surface for the next half hour or so, continue skimming periodically until gone. Continue took simmer gently with the lid off for no less than 3 hours.

And you have a Hogwarts worthy anti cold and flu Potion ready to go.

I love minestrone, but it doesn't have enough "kick" in it. Chorba is a middle eastern and european peasant soup, like the minestrone, but has lots of flavour and EVEN CHUNKIER.
Prep Time: 20 minutes

Cook Time: 45 minutes

Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes

Ingredients:

1 lb. lamb loin chops or beef stew meat
2 onions, finely minced
3 tomatoes, peeled seeded, then crushed
3 carrots, thinly sliced
2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
3 medium sized potatoes, chopped
2 turnips, chopped
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped very fine
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon tumeric
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon saffron
1 1/2 cups dried chickpeas or garbanzos, soaked overnight

edit on 5-6-2014 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Precisely...

My recipe comes from Greece.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Μεσογειακού αδελφός μου

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Μεσογειακού αδελφός μου

?
Elena's
I am third generation Welch born in SoCal...not Greek...but LOVE Greek, Armenian food in Glendale. CA.
edit on 5-6-2014 by Granite because: my favorite greek rest in Little Armenia in Glendale Cal.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

LOL Im not greek either.

Google Translate

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Sorry I'm a little late but I'm here & so thankful for the above recipes!
Yeah I saved them & looking forward to trying them out.
Thanks for sharing!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: semperfortis

www.amazon.com...=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B005BLQTEE&linkCode=as2&tag=survspot0e -20survspot07-20

Here is the link for the Gear-Aid ultra strong Tenacious Tape. Good for many many uses.

BT

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Yes I too save the bottles I use whether soda or liquor
& use them to start me seedlings.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Here's a pic of the 4in hand Black Diamond rasp I was talking about during the unusual tool segment...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
youll all probably laugh at me but i think shower caps could useful, keep your socks dry, keep your shoes dry, holds items like a portable basket, and way lots more uses

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Spinning wool for rope or clothing.

SPin in the grease
Handspinners are split, when spinning wool, as to whether it is better to spin it 'in the grease' (with lanolin still in) or after it has been washed. I do with lanolin it smells, but your hands feel great!

Mine is a HAND SPIN tool not DROP SPIN but this video gives you the idea, used for thousands of years all around the world.

edit on 5-6-2014 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

From last year just before a major weather front (rain and hail) which I endured for 6 days straight. Had to dig out trenches around the tarp for drainage, but I was warm, dry and snug as a bug. I also could easily enter my vehicle without getting wet.

So yeau, Tarps are good...

edit on 6/5/2014 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

Very nice set up indeed

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

oh i finally found one like you mentioned, this is too cool thank you very much for showing us.
Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Whateva69

That's the one!

new topics

top topics

join