It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New EPA Regulations Set to Take Drastic Toll on Economy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Judicial Watch has some interesting and alarming comments about those new EPA/Obama regulations that target CO2 emissions from existing power generating plants.

The EPA (acting on their authority without legislation) are mandating a 30% reduction in CO2 and are telling States to come up with plans based on EPA "guidelines".

JD says it will cost an enormous amount of money (passed on to taxpayers and anyone else paying a bill).

All for just a feeble reduction in actual average global temperature over some 80 year timeframe.

Sounds more like a financial scam than a genuine effort to curb global warming. Or maybe a plan to mitigate CO2 from other nations that don't necessarily have controls in place.

How accurate can estimates and crazy calculations really be?

Nutty "science" or brilliant money "Laundering" ?

EPA draft regulations released this week mandate power plants cut carbon emissions by 30 percent by 2030. According to the EPA’s own measurements, the new regulations are set to do much more economic harm than environmental good.

The EPA estimates the cost of the regulations at $8.8 billion a year in 2030. The product? An EPA estimated warming prevention of .03 degrees Celsius by 2100. In other words, consumers will pay $616 billion more in energy costs for what the government claims will prevent warming of .03 degrees Celsius in 86 years– hardly a worthwhile expenditure even if we are to take the EPA at their word.

Speaking of taking the EPA at their word, it is important to note the disingenuous manner in which they present the cost of their regulations. In estimating the consumer cost at $8.8 billion per year, they assume in their calculations that U.S. energy usage will decline substantially as consumers and producers become more “energy efficient.” That is to say, the EPA assumes that with the added pressure of their government induced energy price increases, consumers will purchase products that require less energy consumption (energy efficient refrigerators anyone?) Of course, what they don’t take into account in their calculations is the price of that refrigerator. At the producer level, the cost of making new coal plants comply with the new rules will render the entire industry uncompetitive.

related thread with link to the actual EPA proposals...
Obama administration unveils controversial emissions cap on power plants

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

In other words, consumers will pay $616 billion more in energy costs for what the government claims will prevent warming of .03 degrees Celsius in 86 years– hardly a worthwhile expenditure even if we are to take the EPA at their word. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is the ultimate scam of all scams IMO.....

This whole 'green agenda'/Global Warming is a joke
The government is out of control, big time

edit on 4-6-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The Obama Administration now rules by royal decree.

Just one more criminal act by our ruler.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

And unfortunately they build new coal fired power plants in China and India at an incredible rate, I think the media reports one a week. This has been my complaint the whole darn time. Say for a moment, ok a micro moment that GW is real. How is regulating the the 350M people of the US going to change what the other 6.5 Billion do? This is some kind of incredible con being played at the expense of the American citizen. This administration provides nothing more than pretzel logic and expects citizens to pay for their twisted thinking.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Good Points.

And I am bewildered by the absence of all the Warmists and CO2ists who should be commenting on these EPA proposals.

The silence is deafening.

Unless they are now re-grouping because of the lack of alarm that these proposals show.

The world's most important CO2 monitoring station is recording short term CO2 concentrations above 400 parts per million -- the highest levels found on earth in millions of years.

Already we're seeing the deadly effects of climate change in the form of rising seas, wildfires and extreme weather of all kinds, and passing 400 PPM is an ominous sign of what might come next.

The safe level of carbon dioxide in the atmostphere is 350 parts per million, but the only way to get there is to immediately transition the global economy away from fossil fuels and into into renewable energy, energy efficiency, and sustainable farming practices in all sectors (agriculture, transport, manufacturing, etc.).

While the level fluctuates seasonally and varies across different latitudes, this is yet another sign that our dependence on fossil fuels is out of control.

400.350 org

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

According to the EPA’s own measurements, the new regulations are set to do much more economic harm than environmental good. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

And here's why.

When people are spending ALL their money on heating and cooling their home they don't have any cash left.

Of course that's after shelling out more money for gas to 'go to work'.

And the increased cost both fuel, and electricity is used to make, and deliver consumer goods.

I guess the current regime from modor- the current administration, and it's ork army the EPA want people to starve and freeze to death!

All to 'save the planet' !

AT the expense of us.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Good Points.

And I am bewildered by the absence of all the Warmists and CO2ists who should be commenting on these EPA proposals.

The silence is deafening.

Unless they are now re-grouping because of the lack of alarm that these proposals show.

The world's most important CO2 monitoring station is recording short term CO2 concentrations above 400 parts per million -- the highest levels found on earth in millions of years.

Already we're seeing the deadly effects of climate change in the form of rising seas, wildfires and extreme weather of all kinds, and passing 400 PPM is an ominous sign of what might come next.

The safe level of carbon dioxide in the atmostphere is 350 parts per million, but the only way to get there is to immediately transition the global economy away from fossil fuels and into into renewable energy, energy efficiency, and sustainable farming practices in all sectors (agriculture, transport, manufacturing, etc.).

While the level fluctuates seasonally and varies across different latitudes, this is yet another sign that our dependence on fossil fuels is out of control.

You just have to wonder at some point why they are working so hard at bankrupting the country and it's hard working people. What's to gain? Make us into a 3rd world country?

edit on 4-6-2014 by MarlinGrace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The entire purpose is destroy America's free market and outsource everything. The Marxists have won this battle, but will lose in the end.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I live near Yellowstone National Park, just south of Grand Teton National Park. Recently, there was an article in the paper about the dangers of higher levels of Mercury in the fish, even in our pristine waters, very far away from industry. The source of this Mercury? Coal burning. The effects of Mercury? It is accumulative in the body and very toxic. So no, I don't have a problem with cleaning up coal!

All we have to do is poison the bottom 3 miles of our atmosphere and.... we are all dead. It's as simple as that. The earth is NOT unlimited in size and what we do DOES have an effect. We can argue about the level of effect, but when the fish here are getting dangerous to eat, that pisses me off!

To do nothing is foolish. To lead, maybe show the way, and develop new technology and better energy systems..... that sounds like a good idea to me, as apparently we must be forced to do it because we are too stupid to do it for the right reasons.... our own health and that of our kids and their kids and so forth, let alone the rest of the environment! Quit making profit the most important thing of all. We can't live without a safe environment, period.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaxnmarko
I live near Yellowstone National Park, just south of Grand Teton National Park. Recently, there was an article in the paper about the dangers of higher levels of Mercury in the fish, even in our pristine waters, very far away from industry. The source of this Mercury? Coal burning. The effects of Mercury? It is accumulative in the body and very toxic. So no, I don't have a problem with cleaning up coal!

All we have to do is poison the bottom 3 miles of our atmosphere and.... we are all dead. It's as simple as that. The earth is NOT unlimited in size and what we do DOES have an effect. We can argue about the level of effect, but when the fish here are getting dangerous to eat, that pisses me off!

To do nothing is foolish. To lead, maybe show the way, and develop new technology and better energy systems..... that sounds like a good idea to me, as apparently we must be forced to do it because we are too stupid to do it for the right reasons.... our own health and that of our kids and their kids and so forth, let alone the rest of the environment! Quit making profit the most important thing of all. We can't live without a safe environment, period.

If you find heavy metals that have accumulated in your body there is a doctor named Dr. Yoshiaki Omura, that in a search to cure Alzheimer's found that Cilantro would remove heavy metals from your body during urination. Just google his name, and the easiest way is to make a shake put in a handful and enjoy. A little pineapple, some yogurt, a little ice and as nice handful of Cilantro, or whatever your taste buds gravitate to. I couldn't eat shrimp for the longest time because of a mercury build up, then I tried this and viola'.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Myself along with several other posters have over the last two years have said the electric bills will be going up in some states over 30% and that will be just the beginning. When the smart meter was installed in my house in the states the bills double when we were gone for months at a time. Everything turned off and for years before the smart meter the on vacation bill was $39 plus or minus a couple of bucks. The Smart meter was installed and the bill jumped to $79 plus or minus $2.. I dread what it looks like is going to happen in the states over the next 3 years.. 3 years ain't that long folks

It is true India and China are trying to go full bore with power generation...unfortunately they are using an old road map

If I were Emperor I would mandate Alcohol fired power plants along with Alcohol powered ground vehicles. Alcohol can be made from the tons of waste products that are thrown into trash dumps every day. Probably just the potato peals that are thrown away at one of the big fast food burger chains could make enough Alcohol fuel (over 200 proof) to supply a medium size city and all their cars...
Many of the bad things that has been put out about alcohol are inaccurate if not right out lies. Do your own checking and see if what I am saying is true.

No worry folks being an Emperor is the last thing on my wish list.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
This is why I don't subscribe to climate science. It is clearly just a scam to fleece the taxpayer. How much more can we tighten our belts anyways? Between rising healthcare costs (thanks obamacare) and now rising energy costs, Where are we supposed to come up with the money?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Myself along with several other posters have over the last two years have said the electric bills will be going up in some states over 30% and that will be just the beginning. When the smart meter was installed in my house in the states the bills double when we were gone for months at a time. Everything turned off and for years before the smart meter the on vacation bill was $39 plus or minus a couple of bucks. The Smart meter was installed and the bill jumped to $79 plus or minus $2.. I dread what it looks like is going to happen in the states over the next 3 years.. 3 years ain't that long folks

It is true India and China are trying to go full bore with power generation...unfortunately they are using an old road map

If I were Emperor I would mandate Alcohol fired power plants along with Alcohol powered ground vehicles. Alcohol can be made from the tons of waste products that are thrown into trash dumps every day. Probably just the potato peals that are thrown away at one of the big fast food burger chains could make enough Alcohol fuel (over 200 proof) to supply a medium size city and all their cars...
Many of the bad things that has been put out about alcohol are inaccurate if not right out lies. Do your own checking and see if what I am saying is true.

No worry folks being an Emperor is the last thing on my wish list.

And the best part is anyone can distill alcohol and have fuel to drive their cars and trucks in an emergency. I keep digital instructions for vehicle conversion to alcohol when the SHTF. Great point..

I would vote for your Emperorship just based on this post. Nothing the Whitehouse puts out is this smart.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Yeah...'drastic'...ok.

I'm going to feel so bad for Duke Energy when their stock price ticks down a tenth of a percent. Such a toll on the economy.

I'll believe the 'toll' when I see it. Until then it's just more fear mongering from the 1%.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
How about the toll on the Earth? Probably important to consider this too I'm thinking...

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
What a time for the VA scandal and the POW scandal!

I'm sure glad this didn't come during a slow period. People might have time to really read, consider and understand what this is about to do to us, as a nation largely using coal for our power needs. Very heavily reliant on it across many entire states, in fact.

Yeah...if it wasn't so busy with headline busting stories literally overlapping? People could even have energy left to be mad or something.

What coincidence on that timing. How fortunate.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I will rely on solar for all my needs. Solar electric,heat,coolling,hot water, sewer,cooking,charging and transportation all in one. My solar R.V. Who ya gonna call:

new topics

top topics

join