It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Reorientation 7: We are not connected

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Just because you do not think this communication of a kind exists does not mean it does not. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just because you think it does, does not mean it does. I mean we both can play this game.

However, I appreciate your views because they sound nice. This is the ultimate deciding factor in most beliefs.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

It was tongue in cheek. What I was trying to show is that we do have abstract connections. How does a concrete sentence like "think of an orange balloon" turn into an abstract thought within someone else's mind?

The concrete is the catalyst for the abstract connection between all of us.
edit on 6/4/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Think of an orange balloon.

There's the abstract connection. I had an abstract thought then transferred it to your mind. How did that happen? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

What shape was your balloon in? If it matches mine you might have a point.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Aphorism

So if it's a different shape then the idea is lost? A balloon is a balloon no matter what shape it comes in.

How about this, think of the Mona Lisa. Or even better yet a red circle with a blue square to the right of it.

How do words on a screen turn into an image within the mind? There must be some kind of connection right?
edit on 6/4/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Yes, we do. But this is a world-wide, I think, inculcating effort, with a specific goal….and though I'd like to believe the best, it isn't for the best, I think, but for destruction of the private, individual, human mind…..
For coalescence, as the Bible, our religions and our oligarchies, monarchies, and absolutely everything have been addressed to representing our humanity as evil, to justify our continued manipulation and control, vis a vis what I've already evidenced herein. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I too have thought this, and many others. I think you're on to something.

Baudrillard's 'Simulacra and Simulation' is a good account of this. Marx also touched upon ideology quite extensively.

The misrepresentation of humanity by humans has had a grave affect on how we treat others and the earth.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

How about this, think of the Mona Lisa.

And then what?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Is language physical? If not, how do we communicate and connect through it? How does me typing words on a screen turn into an image of the Mona Lisa popping into your head? Language is abstract, yet we are connected through it by exchange of ideas.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Where is the Logic in suggesting God cannot not exit without knowing all there is to know?

Any thoughts?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Is language physical? If not, how do we communicate and connect through it? How does me typing words on a screen turn into an image of the Mona Lisa popping into your head? Language is abstract, yet we are connected through it by exchange of ideas.

I read what you write and try to imagine what you are trying to say. That's how it works. We're not really exchanging anything.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

Where is the Logic in suggesting God cannot not exit without knowing all there is to know?

Anything can exist. Whether it does or doesn't is a different matter.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
In order to claim that the non-existence of God is real it must be deduced.

To do that you would have to know everything.

It is illogical for you or me to think you know everything.

Therefore you have not deduced your apparent conclusion.

Any thoughts?

edit on 4-6-2014 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to: Aphorism

You'd be wrong then. The words I type are the concrete representation of my abstract thoughts. The fact that you understand them and can reply to them coherently is a testament to us exchanging ideas right now.

Do you picture the word "giraffe" as it's written or do you picture the animal itself? How does an abstract idea turn into a concrete word then into an abstract idea again? We're exchanging abstract ideas through a concrete medium. We are connected both physically and abstractly.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
We were born alone and the time will come when we die alone but in between the two we spend the time allotted to us endeavoring to connect not only with others but with the world in general. There are moments when we feel our 'disconnection' more acutely than is comfortable because at bottom it is always there so Aphorism has a point and it is possible, I guess, that it is after we die that we truly do connect. Which might explain why it is we try so hard to connect on this the physical plane when in actual fact it is something that will only occur after death.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

The idea that we are all connected is a fundamental assumption of the more superficial spiritual systems, but not an actual state of affairs.

You're the Sigmund Freud of spirituality. Failing in your attempt to recognize your self and know what you are, you try to bring everyone down to your limited awareness of reality, incorrect interpretations of spiritual practices and principles, misunderstandings and calling it 're-orientation'.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Its like you just joined a bunch of to try to prove, er, force your narrow view.
Maybe you've been beaten too much during life, maybe not enough.
The view of everything-one being connection seems pretty simple to me, feel free to over complicate it as much as you like though. It goes something like this. We came from the same spot, the big bang, we go to the same place when we die. Act like your separate from this if you please, but really you have no choice over it.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

According to Lincoln Lawrence, author of Were We Controlled, EDOM is now operational. "There is already in use a small EDOM generator/transmitter which can be concealed on the body of the person. Contact with this person, a casual handshake or even just a touch, transmits a tiny electronic charge plus an ultra-sonic signal tone which for a short period will disturb the time-orientation of the person affected....it can be a potent weapon for hopelessly confusing evidence in the investigation of a crime." - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ha. It is like that guy that hit that officer with his car and claimed he experienced a time-slip.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: P-M-H
Its like you just joined a bunch of to try to prove, er, force your narrow view.
Maybe you've been beaten too much during life, maybe not enough.
The view of everything-one being connection seems pretty simple to me, feel free to over complicate it as much as you like though. It goes something like this. We came from the same spot, the big bang, we go to the same place when we die. Act like your separate from this if you please, but really you have no choice over it.

Not my thread, but….everything you've said there seems to be an assumption…really. You first sentence seems to be an indirect threat, really. So sorry. Maybe you haven't been beaten enough? REALLY?

gotta tell ya'…even the BIG BANG is a total supposition, at this point. No one really knows. And how do you know we go to the "same spot?" Been there, have you? I just gotta ask: what about this OP so threatens you to respond like that? I'm really interested to see that answer.
Tetra
edit on 4-6-2014 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: awakendhybrid

According to Lincoln Lawrence, author of Were We Controlled, EDOM is now operational. "There is already in use a small EDOM generator/transmitter which can be concealed on the body of the person. Contact with this person, a casual handshake or even just a touch, transmits a tiny electronic charge plus an ultra-sonic signal tone which for a short period will disturb the time-orientation of the person affected....it can be a potent weapon for hopelessly confusing evidence in the investigation of a crime." - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ha. It is like that guy that hit that officer with his car and claimed he experienced a time-slip.

yes, but….perhaps that all happened one way and then another, all at the same time, and no one was lying….See what I mean. I think it's more complicated than we all suppose. In other words, we'd like to take that info and use it to disinform what we hate the most, when what it may really do, is say that we are both right…..or both wrong…
Regards, Tetra

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I do not agree. This thinking is way too 3 dimensional.

I think everything is conscious. Including atoms. At a fundamental level, we are all the same.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Man, after reading the first paragraph and then doing a quick through of this thread...it couldn't be more wrong...lol

You cannot disconnect from the source, everything is based on consciousness. Once you've had the experience, it cannot be removed. You can become aware of the full consciousness but you cannot disconnect from it because "it" can always experience you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join