It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA Calls 'Open Carry' Rallies Scary and "Downright Weird"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

Gun control extremists? Is that what it means if you believe in the right to bear arms, but not so much on board with people walking around with rifles and semi automatics strapped to themselves like little eager killing machines?

I'd say your attitude toward reason is extreme.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Your precious Bill of rights can be amended anytime..you know this right..it is not set in stone.

Here is an example..

Bill of Rights and Later Amendments

So if the government wanted...there could go your guns..but that will never happen, because common sense knows it is too late for an outright gun ban.
edit on 4-6-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: neo96
But people are more likely to get shot by a cop than an average gun owner.

Do you have a source on that?

A source ?

Average gun owners don't go around killing people.

Need a source for that ?

Right!

There are roughly 32,000 gun deaths per year in the United States. Of those, around 60% are suicides. About 3% are accidental deaths (less than 1,000). About 34% of deaths (just over 11,000 in both 2010 and 2011) make up the remainder of gun deaths. Sometimes the 32,000 and 11,000 figures are used interchangeably by gun control advocates. Clearly, the 32,000 figure is a far more dramatic number and is often used for impact. These numbers are also regularly compared to other countries' gun statistics. But are they true? Here, we will examine some of the most common gun control arguments used and put those figures into perspective.

Putting gun death stst......

I guess these guns just get up and kill people on there own.

I'm pro gun btw

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I have an opinion, and suggestions for gun owners to perhaps take into consideration.

Having opinions are fine.

But when LAW is made by nothing but opinion such as gun control laws is where the problem is.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Okay. So let's hear your ideas.

You mentioned making sure insane people don't have access to guns.

How?

I want specifics.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I dont know if you are paying attn much but a gun owner farting the wrong way causes you guys to lose your rights all the time..

As I stated law after Shall not be infringed should be voided.. Those laws are illegal according to original statement by the 2nd amendment unless that is a revised version of infringed I should know about.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Do You Know About Japan’s Highly-Restrictive Gun Laws? ‘The Polar Opposite’ of America’s Second Amendment

Treating gun ownership as a privilege and not a right leads to some important policy differences

A Land Without Guns: How Japan Has Virtually Eliminated Shooting Deaths

Wonder why the gun advocates never bring up Japan as proof gun laws not working...umm maybe because their strict gun laws actually work.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

You can throw out the suicides. That number is irrelevant.

Still with 15,000 deaths (leaving out the suicides) and nearly 300 million guns owned by an estimated 50% of all households in the country do you honestly think that is the 'average' gun owner?

If the 'average gun owner were killing people everybody in the country would be dead by the weekend.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

So why no breaking down of that so called '32,000' ?

Was that by the police ?

Was that by gangbangers ?

Two conviently left out 'statistics..

60% was suicide which is 19,000 which leaves 13,000

Based on consolidated information from the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, there are about 300 millions guns in the United States.

www.gunfaq.org...

So '32,000' guns were used to kill people.

True the guns did not get up all on their own and kill someone.

They all require operator input.

HOWEVER.

299,000,000 million other guns didn't kill anyone.

So the point was ?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

He said people are more likely to get shot by a cop than by an average gun owner. Your link does not address that.

link   

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere

How?

I want specifics.

So your OK with Insane people having access to guns?

Why?

I want specifics.

link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

Your precious Bill of rights can be amended anytime..you know this right..it is not set in stone.

Here is an example..

Bill of Rights and Later Amendments

So if the government wanted...there could go your guns..but that will never happen, because common sense knows it is too late for an outright gun ban.

Is that right ?

Well hot damn guess we will have more laws that people are going to ignore then, and end up like China after all.

Where civilian gun ownership is illegal.

Hoorah for totalitarianism.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

300 million guns doesn't equal 300 million gun owners. I'm not against you on this topic but please state facts. You stated average gun owners don't kill, but apparently gun owners do kill and commit suicide. And I do have to show id to vote, and to cash checks and buy tobacco and booze.....

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Do You Know About Japan’s Highly-Restrictive Gun Laws? ‘The Polar Opposite’ of America’s Second Amendment

Treating gun ownership as a privilege and not a right leads to some important policy differences

A Land Without Guns: How Japan Has Virtually Eliminated Shooting Deaths

Wonder why the gun advocates never bring up Japan as proof gun laws not working...umm maybe because their strict gun laws actually work.

To get a gun in Japan, first, you have to attend an all-day class and pass a written test, which are held only once per month. You also must take and pass a shooting range class. Then, head over to a hospital for a mental test and drug test (Japan is unusual in that potential gun owners must affirmatively prove their mental fitness), which you'll file with the police. Finally, pass a rigorous background check for any criminal record or association with criminal or extremist groups, and you will be the proud new owner of your shotgun or air rifle. Just don't forget to provide police with documentation on the specific location of the gun in your home, as well as the ammo, both of which must be locked and stored separately. And remember to have the police inspect the gun once per year and to re-take the class and exam every three years.

Some states require all this and more currently.

I myself having once lived in one of these states had to take the class, pass the test, interview with police, register my prints address, show proper storage, etc....

Guess what? That state has some of the worst crime in the country.

I know what you'll say. Impose this on the whole nation, right?

Japan is an island in case you haven't noticed. It also has a very long established culture of submission.

America gets to have porous boarders against failed states (shipments of coc aine by the ton ring a bell?) and a history of being subversive for the sake of being subversive.

Let's test Japans resolve and dump a bunch of MS13, Crips and Bloods on their tiny island and see how long it takes to be overrun with guns.

Japan is not America and the Japanese are not American.

link   

originally posted by: ThichHeaded
a reply to: rickymouse

I dont know if you are paying attn much but a gun owner farting the wrong way causes you guys to lose your rights all the time..

As I stated law after Shall not be infringed should be voided.. Those laws are illegal according to original statement by the 2nd amendment unless that is a revised version of infringed I should know about.

Another fool..

So tell me, you have no issues with insane people owning a weapon? Why?

Or you do and want some kind of law forbidding it? If you do...does that go about what you are crying about..."SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"?

Also as stated before...your constitution is not set in stone...your forefathers made sure of that..and made sure it could be changed to deal with the times.

link   

I don't think I said anything about making sure insane people don't have access. I fully believe in the right to bear arms. I'll take it a step further and say I believe the right to form a militia means we should possibly have legal access to the same automatic rifles that military has. That's an actual militia than can make a difference.

What I don't agree with are these people with huge 2nd Amendment chips on their shoulders walking around a Chipotle with rifles strapped to their back.... Just there to make a point and scare people.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

He said people are more likely to get shot by a cop than by an average gun owner. Your link does not address that.

In 2011, according to data I collected, police officers in the United States shot 1,146 people, killing 607. Between January 1, 2011 and January 1, 2012 I used the Internet to compile a national database of police involved shootings

More than the total for 'mass shootings' of the year.

jimfishertruecrime.blogspot.com...

The increase in police brutality in this country is a frightening reality. In the last decade alone the number of people murdered by police has reached 5,000 Read more at thefreethoughtproject.com...

5000 ?

In the last decade.

So some lone psycho path or the police kills more people ?

The average gun owner doesn't go around killing people.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Hypothetically, would not owning a gun or having the right to make you any less or more a person than you already are? I am fairly ambivalent to the whole thing, but do question how the right to bear arms has become almost scripture like in its overtones. Things change, the world changes and why not change with it? Remove the ego and 'I am safer because I carry' rhetoric and are you any less a human being because you don't have a gun? Or do guns make you better than other people?

Edit: no one has rights any longer, we have privileges.
edit on 4-6-2014 by LarryLove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

. You stated average gun owners don't kill

They don't.

Average people don't go around killing people.

Beating a dead horse here.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

How?

I want specifics.

So your OK with Insane people having access to guns?

Why?

I want specifics.

I wouldnt say I'm okay with it but there is no way to ensure it doesnt happen without restricting the liberty of those not insane.

Effectively the equivalent of locking innocent people up along with the guilty. I'm not willing to do that.

Which is why I asked for a specific plan to accomplish this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join