It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

completely green to the ATS site

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: jqueenofspade
a reply to: rigel4
How do I change my avatar? Can I just use a picture on my phone?

You can .. but if you want a full one like mine you will need to talk to
the "creators".

To begin with you will need to upload a jpeg or png .
look at your tool bar on the top of the screen , can you see the down arrow on the right?
Click it and select upload and follow you nose. It is easier on a computer.

When upload is mastered go to your newly uploaded pic and select it .. there is an option right there to use as
an avatar.. there are some size and dimension restrictions .. so have a look at that.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Howdy and all that stuff, nice to see new members joining up and asking questions on how this site works.
As others have already mentioned it will become second nature to you faster than you can say IV :-)

Fasten your seat belt and enjoy the ride!

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: jqueenofspade
How do I change my avatar? Can I just use a picture on my phone?

Welcome to ATS , here is a step by step guide to upload your avatar.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: jqueenofspade
One thing you will find about this place ( that is daunting and even repulsive, at first ) is, you'll need to support your stance or argument. A lot that might get by on other forums &/or in the real world doesn't fly so easily, here. Generally - the challenges come from skeptics that have been burned before.

Looks like you're well on the way to 20, already.
Took me years (literally) to get to 20 posts.
Good Luck.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Welcome! I admire you courage! If it helps, I'm new here also and have no idea what I'm doing yet, but am getting the hang of it. Got two stars for some really irrelevant replies. So the beauty is there is always somebody on your frequency. Just go with what you feel most passionate about, and gotta start somewhere. Be prepared for some thrashing, they love to do that to newbies, however it's a great opportunity to strengthen your brain muscles

Go lucky!

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Thank you! Mission accomplished

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

How YOU doin'?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Iwinder

Thank you for the welcome! And you'll never get an answer if you're too scared to ask the question. Hope to see you in the forums!

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: WanDash
Thank you for the advice and daunting is definitely an appropriate word. Sounds like its best I forum surf a bit to break me into how things work around here. Better make sure I eat my websites before I started debating with the big boys around here.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Nice to put a face to a name...
pretty too!

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: priestess22

Well im glad to see im not the only one running around like a chicken with my head cut off
nice to meet you and good luck! Sounds like we need or gloves and game faces on.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Welcome aboard the mothership Jqueen! The hours are long and grueling but the work is rewarding, assuming you enjoy pretend flags a digital gold stars! We also have the best coleslaw in the south... erm... dammit... stupid teleprompter... *bangs on the teleprompter* ahem, welcome to ATS don't get lost in the dark hallways, skunk works can get pretty nasty after dark.

Kallisti

edit on Cpm3Wednesday3320144130Wed, 04 Jun 2014 15:33:41 -05002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: eris deliver me from autocorrect

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

Well I've got blood circulating in my veins, oxygen bein taken in by my lungs, and synapse's firing in my brain. Id say im doing mighty fine
thanks for the welcome!

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Why thank you kindly *in her southern accent*

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS! I'm a little late finding your intro thread. I notice some of our staff has given you great advice and help up to now, but I hadn't seen a message with a collection of 'getting started' links.. So, rather than piece meal it, I'll just give ya my standard welcome and let ya work it from there.

------------------------------------

Hello jqueenofspade!

You'll find around 100 forums here, covering everything from Ancient Civilizations to Breaking News to Political Events and much more. All are welcome and everyone can contribute equally, so please come right in and make yourself at home!

For now, you are only able to post to existing threads or, if you need help, send private messages to Staff as well as the Complaint and Suggestion form. Once you've contributed some posts to threads around the site, you'll be able to make your own threads for others to enjoy.

There are also a few threads you'll want to look over as soon as you get the chance. They are important and helpful too!

Terms and Conditions / Reaffirming ATS Policies

Using the Features of ATS / Avatar Upload Instructions

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First.

Frequently Asked Questions Of All Kinds!

More tips, tricks and help can be found in the Freshmen's Forum or Board Business & Questions forum.

Remember, Above All, Have Fun!

edit on 6/4/2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

I don't even know what the stars and flags mean yet.
Im all about coleslaw assuming it comes with fried chicken. Do we have fried chicken here? *drools*
I'll be sure to avoid lurking in the dark hallways unless we are in an epic game of hide and go seek. Thanks for the warm welcome

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

You are a God or Goddess, either way I bow down. Thank you so much!

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

If someone offers you chicken, for the love of the gods, keep away! I'm still regretting the last time I accepted meat products on an online forum.

*shudders* ugh...

The cookies should be fine however, hey... where the heck are the cookies! Hmm... oh well.

ATS is basically just one big game of hide and seek. We hide our emotions (our test has determined that was a lie) but we seek the truth!

ONWARD TO VICTORY FELLOW TRUTH SEEKERS!!!

AAAARRRHHH!!!

*looks behind and no one is following*

...boy do I feel stupid.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I don't even know what the stars and flags mean yet.

stars determine your value as a human being. flags are for people who make to many threads.
my advice is to make sarcastic one line posts or cat pics.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Avoid meat products. Got it.

Cookies..... well I will neither confirm or deny that the cookie jar is currently empty and sitting on my kitchen table *checks mirror for chocolate residue*

And the truth..... the very definition of that word in itself can cause a debate alone. I'll have to get beefed up on my forum knowledge before I take the total plunge.

May the force be with you!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join