It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

completely green to the ATS site

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Hello, any ATS tour guides out there? I go by Teenie or J's Queen. I'm a 29 yr old female. Im a nurse. Completely obsessed with knowledge, conspiracy theories, government, and all things science. I'm not really sure what the heck I'm even supposed to posting on this thing. Btw can anyone tell me how to reply to a private message? Says I can't except to staff. I tried searching how but most bring me to threads with no info.Thanks. Over and out
edit on 4-6-2014 by jqueenofspade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Hmmmm..... I have stumbled upon some 20 posts requirement. I wonder if posting repeatedly to my own thread counts?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Wow, someone who hasn't been a lurker for years. You are a strange bird. Usually people peek in for a long time before diving in over their head.

You will become an addict, you will learn a lot and be bored with the MSM news because it is usually on here first. It gives you a heads up on conversations, knowing how people perceive the news after it is released to the rest of the people. It gives you insight into opposing views to help you understand what others say about it.

Good luck, hope to see you in the threads.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: jqueenofspade
Hmmmm..... I have stumbled upon some 20 posts requirement. I wonder if posting repeatedly to my own thread counts?

Relax. Breathe. Im not going to. I just joined the site and im trying to figure it out. Sheesh! Got a flag already. Such a rebel. Off to go explore!

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: jqueenofspade

The 20 post rule is to prevent "spam".

You may reply to your own thread 20 times, however, please just don't spam "one liners" etc to do so.

People will be along shortly you may reply to them and before you know it you'll have your 20,

Also, there are plenty of threads to add your thoughts to ( remember, no off topic or one liners please ).

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
THANKS! I'm an all or nothing kind of lady. People, their opinions, their perception, and knowledge are completely fascinating! Like the old saying its not who you know, but what you know.

And a strange creature I am

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: elevatedone

Thanks for the information! Greatly appreciated
still trying to figure out how to operate this thing.

link   
Welcome..
Personally I doubt the sincerity of most of these new members that have "lurked" for years before joining.
Just seems to me that it is a popular thing to say.. some will have indeed lurked .. but most
are talking #snip#.

edit on Wed, 04 Jun 2014 14:58:21 -0500582America/ChicagoWednesday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

link   
Hello and welcome to the looney bin.
Nice to meet you.
edit on 4/6/14 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: jqueenofspade

Welcome to ATS jqueenofspade, enjoy your stay...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
You can't see the eyes of the demon (and mods), until him come callin'

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

Well I was on the site for 30 minutes. Searched one topic I've been interested in and joined. Let the addiction begin!

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
One good place to peruse would be the Board Business and Questions forum concentrating on the topped (signified by big arrow pointing up) threads.

The 'rules' may seem daunting at first glance, but if you start at #15 and scan down, you'll see it's mainly "don't be a jerk". Don't lie, don't steal (content), don't be abusive. Anyone with a passing grade in preschool citizenship shouldn't have an issue. I'm sure you'll do fine.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Go over here www.abovetopsecret.com...
and ask these good people to make you an avatar.. their creations are brilliant
and they love their work over there..

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

Thanks for the welcome! The Looney bin is just fine. Im a nurse we have access to medications for those sorts of things lol

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: jqueenofspade

Well I was on the site for 30 minutes. Searched one topic I've been interested in and joined. Let the addiction begin!

Indeed..
That's about how I rolled in here.. great site most of the time.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Thank you!!!!!!!!! Peace love and positive juju!

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
How do I change my avatar? Can I just use a picture on my phone?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

Thanks for the advice!

Don't be a jerk *check*

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

If I would have signed up when I started lurking here, some of the people would have chewed me up and spit me out. I didn't come here till I was armed with enough knowledge to actually contribute something. I'm here till I get kicked out, it is a good place to learn about the perceptions of others and to learn things. It also stimulates me to learn more, both because I have to back someone or gently challenge their way of thinking.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join