It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plants feel pain, are telepathic?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I would take it a step further and say that all matter has consciousness. The universe truly is alive.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
I came across this last night. I do believe plants have "feelings" and "intelligence" of sorts that we can't begin to comprehend. Consciousness (on some unknown level), I think, would be a better word for it:

That's a really fascinating video, thanks for sharing it! Got a chance to watch it last night and it really is incredible just how interconnected everything is.

I think the whole vegan/meat eater/veggie head thing comes down to the fact that every form of life on this planet has to eat and gain nourishment somehow. Not to go all Lion Kingy here but it's the circle of life and you can't really get around that, regardless of what your diet is. Whether you eat meat or only eat plants and veggies that don't cast a shadow (or whatever) you're still ingesting something that is/used to be alive and has/had its own unique and dynamic energy. I think the more important aspect of it all is being thankful for what you have, being appreciative of the energy you are gaining at the expense of another life form (whatever form that may be) and making sure not to waste anything.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
There's a vegan saying that goes, "If animals could talk, we would all be vegan." Well, I would counter, "If plants could talk, we would all ????" What would happen?

The other day, my microbiology professor commented about commensalistic relationships in trees and plants. I immediately thought, "And how do we know that the trees and plants aren't feeling any pain or discomfort as a result of that relationship?"

Well, perhaps, the next stage is for humans to become photosynthetic, then, we don't have to harm plants or animals. It's only a matter of time before we develop said technology, or some variation of it (ie, powered by Tesla's Wardencylffe's Tower).

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
In my 8th grade science class, a number of students (including myself) did various experiments with plants as our first assignment exercising the scientific method. All of them were to be different. The outcomes forever influenced my perspective on plants, they have an incomprehensible possibly interconnected form of consciousness IMO.
In any event, I need these kind of posts to send to the GF. She recently went vegetarian (kind of) but still eats chicken and fish.. I worry I may lose those too as staples in my diet, unless I can convince her that even plants suffer for her preservation. Then maybe I can stop eating salads and kale chips all damn day.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sonder

Every living thing on the planet has what we call....Awareness. Just like animals, they don't have a conscious but they are aware of what is going on. Just like when it's about to rain plants and tree's prepare themselves for the downpour but turning their leaves...obviously that's proof of awareness. People are so out of touch with nature its pathetic.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Evanzsayz

There's so many examples out there that confirm that plants (and many other forms of life for that matter) have so much more awareness to them than what we generally give them credit for. I think humans have collectively fallen into the trap of thinking that we are the so-called highest forms of life and are the only ones who have any kind of awareness and because of that, look down on the lower lifeforms quite a bit. I have a feeling that one of the greatest things the human race will be know for will be our arrogance and our collective ignorance.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
If i was a vegan if eat concrete then I could # my own bricks ! No seriously they they maybe kinky plants and the sensation is the horn!
edit on 7-6-2014 by Denoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
yes.
sorry, that's all i have to say about it.
edit on 7-6-2014 by KAOStheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
changed my mind. let's be perfectly clear:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: KAOStheory
changed my mind. let's be perfectly clear:

www.youtube.com...

That's pretty interesting.. I'd be curious to see the polygraph experiment repeated with the EEG to see if there's spikes in the the other wave forms as a response to pain or the threat of pain (not that I'm advocating intentionally harming a plant given all this now) The gamma, beta and delta waves didn't seem to do a whole lot in that vid in response to the Reiki and it'd be interesting to see if they reacted more or differently to other emotional/physical stimulus.

How much do you want to bet that if this whole concept goes mainstream, the next big reality tv show is going to be called "The Plant Whisperer"

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Lol i wouldn't be surprised!
Reiki energy's main frequency is the Schumann Resonance, with some spikes occasionally in other areas, but I really wasn't at all surprised to see mostly Theta. And yea don't wanna hurt my aloe, lol, "no plants were harmed during the filming of this video".

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: KAOStheory

I've practiced Reiki on and off for a lot of years now and have always picked up on the energy plants and trees give off so I shouldn't have been surprised to learn that plants are a lot more aware than what we like to think. Once you start delving into the metaphysical side of life, it really becomes hard to continue holding on to the view that humans are some kind of superior life form.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Definitely. Crystals, too. I and some others have been discussing our feelings on using crystals, vegetarianism...

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Came across this one the other night and I thought it was quite interesting. It really is amazing the amount of interaction and environmental awareness that plants and trees are capable of.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Wonderful story and I think it has some merit.

I'm currently trying to get rid of a draconea or dragon tree because it's toxic to cats. I neglected watering it, left it in the garage to dispose of. Today when I finally went to do it. It perked up. ' I am not leaving! Can't you just put me up high in a hanging basket and enjoy me'.

I had a hibiscus tree. Every time a flower just bloomed looking lovely, it would fire the flower across the room, like a projectile. I moved it because I was tired of it firing perfectly good flowers. It died after that.

I've heard of farmers using rock music to make tomatoes grow.

I don't know if I would talk to them although I often say you're beautiful, if it is.
edit on 13-6-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I don't think it would hurt to cut them. It doesn't hurt us to have our hair cut. They need trimming, as does our hair. Imagine if grass feels pain under those mower blades. Yikes!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join