It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plants feel pain, are telepathic?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Yes I wonder about plants having feelings sometimes. I had a great mandarin tree that I grew from a small plant and looked after it. It finally gave heaps of great mandarins for years until the year I decided to sell my house. It did not bear any more fruit. I felt a bit sad about that tree and I feel like it knew we were leaving it. I know it sounds stupid but I feel like domestic plants like this have a very slow kind of intelligence that we don't quite understand and they become attached or familiar with people somehow. Just my 2 cents worth.
cheers

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

That's it, not a bad film either

Don't plants react and grow better with classical music

Think there was a test done where some plants were grown with classical music playin and some being played death metal like music

The ones which listened to classical had more growth and yield compared with the other plants

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Don't forget about Dr. Masaro Emoto's rice experiment. I know it has been posted here before. He had three jars of rice. He talked to them every day. One he said thank you, one he said fool, and one he ignored. The thank you jar was the only one to survive. There are multiple people on youtube who have recreated this experiment with identical results.

Experiment

edit on 4-6-2014 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Sonder
You gotta wonder who those plants are then. My theory is that they are us. I think that for a spirit to incarnate they have to go through the different plant and animal kingdoms here on earth in order to form human dna and the result of that looks much like evolution to us but all the incarnations of a human can be alive at the same time thereby effecting eactother by stimulas to actions upon there lives. ie cutting a calfs ball off in order to fatten and help taste can cause a chemical reaction in the human vessal that makes one gain weight. Having back problems? the answer could be that a bush or hedge in your back yard needs trimming or pruning. Plant and animal husbandry will be our medical science of the future if we are wise.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
My wife revealed to me a long time ago an interesting test.

Plant some seeds, but separate them into two batches.

One batch plant without doing anything.
The other batch you need to tell each seed specifically some really positive stuff, essentially giving it a 'pep talk'. Just explain to the seed that it will grow up fast and strong and that you support it's development. Actually vocalize it to the seed.

According to our tests, the seeds that received pep talks grew nearly twice as fast and twice as large, whereas the seeds that were not bothered typically were smaller, slower growing, and even sickly looking.

Make sure to give equal sunlight and water to ensure the test is performed reasonably.
edit on 6/4/2014 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
You might find the following article interesting (for those who are not already familiar with it), where 9th grade girls grew cress seeds. Half near wi-fi routers the other half away from any kind of wi-fi.....

Cress seed experiment

I'll be back with other little bits once my wi-fi sorts itself!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I've actually thought something along those lines for quite some time now. I wouldn't be surprised at all to learn that reincarnation is real, though not restricted to humans just reincarnating as other humans. I believe that when we decide to enter into this physical existence, we get to choose what form we take when we're down here. Plant, animal, mineral.. they've all been proven to have their own types of energy and it's not that much of a stretch for me to believe that each form you take has its own lessons to teach. Imagine coming down here and living a life as a tree, living to be a couple hundred years old and just watching the seasons and the world change around you. Would be a great way to learn patience at the very least.

I've always been big on energy, have always been able to pick up on the type that people send out, know what type of person someone is before even interacting with them or getting to know them and I've always been able to pick up on energy that plants give off as well. One of the reasons I love being out in the mountains surrounded by nature so much, I find it always recharges me in a big way.

If anyone here is familiar with Reiki, it's the same kind of deal. The word itself means universal spirit and life energy. It's all around us and it's surely not just limited to humans or other so-called conscious and aware beings.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Awesome awesome thread

Just yesterday I was telling my wife that I feel bad we have to brush into the plants every time we open our front window

My wife's buddy /friends girlfriend one time while in a highly meditative state and surrounded by our wonderful spruce trees had a thought, "this forest is so old", to which the trees responded telepathically,

"yeah we've been here a long time"

I love that story

Star and flag OP, a good morning read to contemplate.
edit on 4-6-2014 by GoShredAK because: Oops

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Wi-fi re-booted!

Now...moving on...

The Secret Life of Plants (1973) is a book by Peter Tompkins and Christopher Bird.

The book includes summaries of the life and work of 20th century scientists Jagdish Chandra Bose and Corentin Louis Kervran as well as 19th century scientist George Washington Carver. The book also discusses alternative philosophy and practice on soil and soil health, as well as on alternative farming methods. Pseudoscientific topics such as magnetotropism, bio-electrics, aura, psychophysics, orgone energy, radionics, kirlian photography, and dowsing are discussed. One of the book's controversial claims is that plants may be sentient despite their lack of a nervous system and a brain.[3]

The Secret Life of Plants

And here's a film on the subject....

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I eat meat but i keep it minimal because I've always felt I have most in common with animals. Like them, I'm classified as an animal. They're family. I'm sure rice plants and potato plants and oat plants hate me, as well as the cows that get milked. In any case, I've never doubted fish or plants or crabs and/or stranger specimens also feel pain. In this game of life, we have to eat and that means we have to eat another lifeform. I think the best circumstance is when we can grow our own meat in factories from cells. This way no animals have to be involved beyond getting tissue samples (assuming they need to restock). And when we can grow our food purely from bacteria or fungi that'll be another good moment. I think we already can do this to some extent: Quorn. But I don't think the effectiveness is where it could be. For example, i think it's still slightly dependent on chickens. And getting to spread to all countries is another matter too.

Sometimes when I'm gardening I think about all the bugs and worms and plants that're being killed when I till or clear away weeds. If you look, there're tens thousands of them. It makes me wonder if the same thing could happen to us. Maybe a god-like farmer sometimes comes through and tills the cosmos, eradicating life on the planets, but still allowing for it to be regenerated as evolution takes hold again to reestablish life.

We can't be perfect, though. Maybe whne we can eat sunlight? Or mabye it'll be like ironman: we 'eat' manufactured nuclear/chemical batteries. And to be fair, we'd have to leave this planet so the rest of hte lifeforms can live here without us consuming their living space. And yet even if we did all that, there'd still probably be something we did that'd harm other lifeforms. Yet I think it's a noble goal. We just hve to come to a intersection where we acknowledge we can't be perfect. Don't make it a religion or something that must be achieved because we're bound to fail and hate ourselves.
edit on 4-6-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Plants dont feel "pain" per se, because pain is a very specific feeling from a nerve ending sending a signal to a specific type of organ (brain).

That said, plants are conscious, sentient, do feel emotion (Im not sure I would call pain an emotion), and can communicate with other plants, and you and I. How they communicate with each other could be partially based on physical interactions of chemicals through the root system as one poster mentioned, but telepathy, mind to mind, is also possible just as it is for animals.

How is this possible? It is possible because the mind is not a product of a physical brain. The materialist paradigm from which the idea of consciousness and mind is a product of the physical is so antiquated at this point, its embarrassing that its still the dominant paradigm in our society. Mind, consciousness, spirit if want to collect it all into one word, is what the physical stems from, not the other way around. Without spirit, there is no physical anything.

And plants do have spirit, just like you and I. "Telepathy" is speaking mind to mind in the form of complete, whole ideas or emotions. Its wordless and doesnt burden itself with inefficient, subjective symbology to transfer ideas and emotions by proxy (words).

And they will talk to you, if you want to listen. But dont listen with your ears, because youll hear with them nothing. You have to listen with your heart, and the vast, vast majority of peoples hearts are closed and tightly sealed. They are disconnected from pretty much everything in the area of the heart, so cant hear anything other than their own voice and projections of voices.

I cant tell you "how" to listen with the heart, because its not a rote, mechanical process. Also, all these words you are reading, are just analogy; symbolic of what is, not what is itself. What truly is cannot be expressed with words; its ineffable. You have to figure out how to listen on your own.

The best I can say is that it involves empathy, whatever that is.

Also, if you really want to learn to speak with plants, go to the plant store, and browse, without expectation, because expectation produces mental projections of what we are expecting to happen, and can be confusing for someone not familiar with distinguishing a projection from a real sense. Browse, and perhaps a plant will catch your eye. Your interest will be piqued. Go to it and feel it, look at it, "listen" to it as best you can. What do you feel about it? Do not analyze your feelings, like its some mechanical thing that has to be broken down and reduced infinitely into meaningless labels and predefined "this means this" nonsense. Just sense: do you like this plant? Does it like you?

Get it, and care for it, and spend time with it. Again, without expectations, and do not look at it like its an object to be studied, labelled, dissected, and generally treated as a non-entity, because youll never learn squat if thats the approach you take. The plant will never talk to you, because you do not recognize it for what it is; only as what you think it should be according to whatever.

Your only concern before buying should be "can I reasonably and adequately provide care for this plant?" If the answer is yes, do it. If the answer is no, keep the plant in mind for the future, but dont get it. If you love a tree, but have nowhere to plant it and itll just sit in a pot, become root bound and eventually die, keep it in mind, but look for something smaller you can care for.

Id recommend getting an indoor plant that you have easy access to. The more you care for the plant and the more hands on you need to be, the quicker youll learn how to hear the plant, and this skill will actually transfer to all other living things, animals, plants, even rocks, stones, and crystals.

It starts with feelings being conveyed, and then if one becomes very attuned, you can actually gain practical information from your communications. Indigenous peoples often times when asked how they knew to mix plant A with plant B in a specific way to get a certain effect, they respond "the plants told us".

So yes, plants feel, are conscious, self-aware, and can communicate. Modern humans have simply become so disconnected with spirit that they have literally become spiritually (and emotionally) retarded, and cannot see what is self-evident to anyone more connected.

So go get a plant you like. Care for it, NOT as some science experiment specimen, but as an actual conscious living being, and eventually the plant will teach you what you need to know.

edit on 6/4/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Speaking purely from the perspective of someone with experience ingesting entheogenic plants, isn't this a form of conveying their consciousness? Different plants; different perceptions. Yes, it is very different to ours, alien indeed. But plants (their fruits, nuts etc.) also have biological processes in place that assure them wider-spread survival after consumption by an animal via being embedded in fecal matter... from my understanding most animals have no such 'mechanism' in place. Fauna is aware it's gonna be eaten & yet profit from this awareness. Fascinating thread!

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
If you have ever had to take down a tree for fire wood, even a small tree, you would understand this too. Not only does the tree you are taking down seem to respond to what you are doing directly, but the other trees around it do too. It is obvious negative energy that you are removing a member of the larger organism known as the forest to the other trees and, I know I'm going out on a limb here (yes, that was intentional), you can feel the change around you.

Trees and plants are ancients here on this planet. To think they haven't developed a communication and sense of protecting not only themselves (see the Acacia tree as an example: ACACIA TREES AND GIRAFFES) but other trees of their kind in a stand, or in a small or large forest....

They just talk funny, trees.
edit on 4-6-2014 by Zedski because: Not complete.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zedski

Trees and plants are ancients here on this planet. To think they haven't developed a communication and sense of protecting not only themselves (see the Acacia tree as an example: ACACIA TREES AND GIRAFFES) but other trees of their kind in a stand, or in a small or large forest....

Plants are the first people of this planet, as I call them. 450,000,000 years ago they came onto the land.

To think they are just stupid things with no minds, no consciousness, no nothing, is disappointing, to put it lightly. It signifies a systemic disconnection with nature, the universe, and spirit, and manifests as common and revolting human hubris.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I know a man who raises orchids in a hothouse, and always has classical music playing for them- he claims it helps them grow.
All this makes me want to run some experiments myself. I tend to talk to my plants all the time anyway, but it would be interesting to try different types of talks to different plants and see the results.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I know this doesn't relate to plants feeling pain, but it makes me think of different systems plants use.

I'm trying to find the article, I don't remember where i seen it, but I once read that if you grow plants next to other seeds from the same parents, they help each other, and if you plant non related plants they work against each other like rivals. It's the same species, but they don't identify as one, the survival of their "blood line" matters more.

I don't know how they determine the need for those behaviors, but it's seems like they got a little more going on than we realize. Maybe it's not a brain like ours, but they have systems in place to work this stuff out.

This isn't the article I'm thinking of, but I came across it in my search and thought it was interesting.
First evidence of plants evolving weaponry to compete in the struggle for selection

edit on 06pm03pm302014-06-04T15:17:31-05:0003America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

edit on 06pm03pm302014-06-04T15:19:58-05:0003America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

edit on 06pm03pm302014-06-04T15:23:09-05:0003America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: mahatche

I have read about that family solidarity thing, it is through the roots that they communicate.

That got me thinking earlier today-

Looking at all my potted plants
That I bring together occasionally, like I did today,
But they never have their roots share the same soil with other plants!

I wondered-
It seems to me that we nurture the emergence of individualized consciousness (self consciousness) in animals with domestication- taking them out of their natural instinctual life and social structure, in constant contact with humans... I wonder if we have the same effect upon our potted indoor plants?? Do they begin to become more conscious of themself as individuals then??

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I wonder if they react similarly to having bugs nibble on them?
Now I'm off to commit mass murder on the weeds in my garden. I'm discriminating against anything I can't eat. Looks like the unwanted ones would finally get the message and stop trying to grow where they get plucked up repeatedly?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
a reply to: mahatche
It seems to me that we nurture the emergence of individualized consciousness (self consciousness) in animals with domestication- taking them out of their natural instinctual life and social structure, in constant contact with humans... I wonder if we have the same effect upon our potted indoor plants?? Do they begin to become more conscious of themself as individuals then??

Now that's an interesting thought.. I could definitely see that happening if they really are conscious and somewhat aware of their surroundings. Just like people are arguably more a product of their environment and upbringing than simply their genetics, I would think the same would hold true for plants. How could it not have an effect when the natural environment is so much different and more interconnected then the environment they are in when in a pot i n someone's home.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
What will happen to Vegans if this proves to be true?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join