It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI's International Computer Security Emergency Alert - Possible Conspiracy?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

they have just blocked its server's.
i dont belive it anyhow it seems to come around every year this "internet boogymen" scare tactics in one guise or another

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Millions

Is it just me, or does anyone else think it might be a good idea for some things to NOT be connected to the internet?
Our level of technology should have, by now, developed to a point where many of the more vital infrastructure systems could be connected by their own separate systems.
Otherwise just UNPLUG the darn cable.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: teamcommander

they do Its called intranet.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

After all the NSA f-up they need to be seen to be putting some of this stuff into public use, the zeus stuff seems also to be coming from Russia so a bit of the old cold war messing around wouldn't hurt either

Probably the main reason they're targeting uk/us is our high take up of internet banking services as there is no point spending ages working out how to empty a french bank account when only 3% use internet banking there etc

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Just to clarify...

This isn't some scam-artist pretending to be from the FBI to gain our trust. This is an official statement from the FBI about an imminent cyber-emergency, urging us to download specific security software to protect us.

My point is this. After the recent revelations about the American government intercepting and monitoring our emails, can we really trust them? Is this software they are urging us to download really what they claim it to be?

HETE are sone links to further explain the story :-

m.bbc.com...

rt.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

It hasnt HIT yet...because it is not true. As I was saying from here in the US of A............

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: aLLeKs

originally posted by: VoidHawk

originally posted by: MinangATS

Over at the Register website in England is an article that explains it.

The Register

Basically the Malware is already out there infecting machines. It makes your infected machine into a botnet which is controlled from a central source. Your computer would "phone home" contact this server to get instructions and send password and bank info found on your machine.

What the FBI and England Police did was find this server and block access to it from the internet. The two weeks or less is the time that a person has to clean their machine of the malware, before the creators create a new server in a different location and take back control of your infected machine.

So how will the infected computers know where the new server is?
I'm assuming the virus would have the IP of the old server, so unless its got back up IP's (which ought to be known to the fbi), it cant phone home, can it?

It is called DNS, you basically connect to a website-like address which then converts it to the IP. If the feds take down the servers, you can change the registry of that DNS to the new IP

Thanks for the reply.
If I understood correctly, the virus is already on some peoples pc's.
By examining the virus the fbi learnt where the phone-home server was located.
The fbi have removed that server.

The virus could use either a "website-like address" or an IP, both of which should be within the virus.
Being as the fbi have examined the virus and learnt the ip that it was going to use, shouldn't they also know the "website-like address" ? If so, why havent they blocked it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join