It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange calls on my mobile/cellphone

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I'd like to say accidental butt dialing, it's happened to me plenty.

However...

Several times in the past few months, since right about the beginning of 2014, I'll get the occasional call that sounds much like that. Twice now I've also been on the phone with a friend across the country and we'll both suddenly get hit with a wash of static and, honestly, demonic vocals in the background. Like, ripped from hollywood demonic, or we somehow picked up some Norwegian death metal in the background lol. It lasts for a solid minute then goes back to a crystal clear connection. It could be anything, and I did a stint as a wireless network admin, so I recognize the likely hood of it just being a random bad connection.

But...if I'm honest, I can't shake the feeling that there is something more to them.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gideon70
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I think i would prefer the problem to be caused by a virus, as becoming a zombie can play hell with a persons complexion lol

But imagine the social life! The comradery, the late night hunts, sharing the spoils and then eventually acquiring hive brain activity! No more secrets or competition, everyone works as a team in deconstructing the world.

The military have been working on programs like this for a long time. Wouldn't it just be ironic if the system they create enslaves us all, including them LOL

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It's a glitching digital recording : listen this damaged Furby on Freesound ,
( about 20 seconds from the start ) ...

freesound.org/people/john_jacobs/sounds/53288/

The recording you're hearing maybe old an voice-mail from one of your contacts being played back to you in an unrecognisably mangled form.
edit on 3-6-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: engvbany

Sounds reasonable enough, but it still doesnt explain getting these calls from random contacts and them having no knowledge of calling me.
Im sure there is a reasonable explanation though

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gideon70

Sounds reasonable enough, but it still doesnt explain getting these calls from random contacts and them having no knowledge of calling me.

Like I hypothesised in my previous post : (months ?) old voice-mails they had left for you being regurgitated in a mangled form, ( that would explain these demonic noises being labelled as coming from people on your contact list ).

Alternately your contacts-list has been "harvested" and this is a junk-spam-call made to appear to be from someone on your contacts-list, but delivery of the spam recorded voice message has malfunctioned like the brain-damaged Furby.
edit on 3-6-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
My friend just told me the sound reminds him of a scene from the film The Mothman Prophesy . Apparently Richard Gere is in a rundown hotel room when he recieves a similar call.

Right. Back to reality lol

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Again , a sound explanation , except im on pay as you go . My voicemail has always been disabled because i have to pay to retrieve them.

Maybe , as i commented earlier , its a virus

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Probably something mechanical going funky, but...yeah...aliens! LOL That sounded pretty spooky!!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Gideon70

Well, that sound was creepy as heck. However, it seemed to be a sped up voice - do you have a way to slow the audio down? If you have garage band or some kind of software that will allow you to do that, I'm guessing it would be speech?

Weird. I haven't read the whole thread, maybe you have solved this already...

peace,
AB

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Its still happening . If its a virus then I dont know how i have downloaded it . I only have one app on my phone and i downloaded it months ago.

Still mystified

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: Gideon70

Well, that sound was creepy as heck. However, it seemed to be a sped up voice - do you have a way to slow the audio down? If you have garage band or some kind of software that will allow you to do that, I'm guessing it would be speech?

Weird. I haven't read the whole thread, maybe you have solved this already...

peace,
AB

there is freeware online that would reverse or slow down any audio file for you, very simple to use totally free, Audacity audacity.sourceforge.net...

and this one is pretty much the same thing but in browser instead of a program. twistedwave.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: pryingopen3rdeye
Cheers buddy. Much obliged..

Cant wait to hear it slowed down

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join