It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier from Bergdahl's unit tweets specific details about desertion; So what was really traded?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
A soldier from Bergdah's unit tweets a detailed account of his odd behavior prior to the disappearance. His account includes Bergdah's seclusion from the rest of the camp, spending hours in his tent with the Rosetta Stone language learning software and emailing his dad.

B did say "If deployment is lame, I'm going to get lost in the Mountains and make my way to China" starting to see what we are dealing with?

On the 2nd night B asked our team leader what would happen if his sensitive equipment went missing (NightVision, Guns, Sights, etc.)

On the 3rd night B asked a fellow platoon mate "if your M9(9mm Pistol) went missing would you get in trouble?"

So we now have Pre-Mediated Desertion at this point, yes?

If I had to guess B slipped out around 0300-0430 local time. And I think he picked that night because it had the lowest moon lumens.

Search teams and blocking positions were kicked out. Making sure no one got in or no one got out.

Our PLT came upon some children, they asked him have they seen an American.

The children said "yes, he was crawling on his belly through weeds and acting funny a while ago"

The children were asked which direction did he go? They pointed and the platoon hauled ass towards the direction.

PLT get to another village, starting asking questions. Tempo has change, we mean business. No circle talk bulls**t.

Villagers said an American did come through the area and was wanting water and someone who spoke English. Wanted to meet with Taliban.

Read the full account at IJ Review

So the question begs to be asked, is anyone investigating what was really traded for the high profile prisoners? The soldier's account is so detailed, I'm sure he's spoken about it many times to his superiors as well as his mates. So it is obvious others from his unit came forward with similar accounts. There's no doubt the administration had this detail prior to their decision.

This admin is not that naive to exposure on the Internet. So why would they take such an action that could lead to the impeachment of a president and media backlash. Barak's polls are already in poor shape as it is.

Oddly enough, it appears like someone in the Taliban is back in graces with the administration with a new job to do. The admin wouldn't have made this kind of decision unless something more dire was in the works that needed this distraction. That's a scary proposition.

edit on 3-6-2014 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Maybe this thread has already been started, but I would bet that Allah's soldiers we traded were injected with microchips, or they even ate some sort of tracking device in their food. Come on, hasn't anyone taken a crash course on military deception? This reeks of it. I sure hope Allah's soldiers are smart enough to realize that the Americans would pull something like that.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
What was being truly traded is the American people's trust, and security - for nothing more than a turn-coat, coward.

This is a despicable thing that has happened - and should be noted for annuals of history.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I have a bad feeling somthing wicked is headed our way. This whole thing smells rotten!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: iosolomon

Like the RFID chips they used in fast and furious? Yeah, not holding my breath on us tracking those guys.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CodeRed3D
I don't know how much more we have to hear.
Maybe if his father praised Allah a little more on the White House steps followed by hugs from Obama, maybe then people would get the idea that something stinks in the White House.
They broke a law to make the trade. That should be enough right there.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Who really knows ...Its like the DEA taking pics of a large drug seizure and claiming victory on the war on drugs and then giving them to the suppliers to distribute to the pushers to only arrest the poor saps caught to end up as free labor in a private prison system to manufacture stuff for the war on humans .It's a sick sick system we live in created and run by sick sick people ...

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

From Source:

On the 2nd night B asked our team leader what would happen if his sensitive equipment went missing (NightVision, Guns, Sights, etc.)

On the 3rd night B asked a fellow platoon mate "if your M9(9mm Pistol) went missing would you get in trouble?"

This is crap.

EVERY soldier understands the consequences of losing or temporarily misplacing anything of that nature.

I don't know if he deserted or not, but I do know that this tweet is scripted.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

In his tweets the soldier did allude to the fact that B wasn't in touch with reality. But your right, though. Either way, this is quite the distraction.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

From Source:

This is crap.

EVERY soldier understands the consequences of losing or temporarily misplacing anything of that nature.

I don't know if he deserted or not, but I do know that this tweet is scripted.

Not necessarily scripted.

Many times people will broadcast their intent to do something shocking (suicide,crimes,etc) as part of the attention seeking that also makes them do the main stunt.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: iosolomon
Maybe this thread has already been started, but I would bet that Allah's soldiers we traded were injected with microchips, or they even ate some sort of tracking device in their food. Come on, hasn't anyone taken a crash course on military deception? This reeks of it. I sure hope Allah's soldiers are smart enough to realize that the Americans would pull something like that.

Allah's soldiers....really? What a crock of manure.

This kid purposely left his post to aid the enemy. Then his enemy loving father petitioned for not only his release, but release of Gitmo enemies. Sounds like the family staged this long before the kid ever arrived in Afghanistan. Then we have Obama getting his revenge for failing to close Gitmo like he campaign promised by releasing the prisoners.

Obama bails on US personnel in Benghazi but goes out of his way to save a useless US deserting traitor????

It's all a power play, Obama is stickin it to the ones who opposed him in politics and don't give a ratsass if it is helping the enemy. No other way to call it.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I don't know how much more we have to hear.
Maybe if his father praised Allah a little more on the White House steps followed by hugs from Obama, maybe then people would get the idea that something stinks in the White House.
They broke a law to make the trade. That should be enough right there.

Agreed.
If you realize that Obama and his advisers are all appeasers, then it will make sense.

Appeasement at all costs, so it was easy for Obama to do.

Bow down to muslim leaders, apologize on a tour across the Middle East, hug an allah praising gitmo detainees advocate, it don't matter, it is all the same.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Thanks for bringing this thread and the concern to what really just happen in our nation with the President's decision, first of all we as voters and tax payers have not received yet and explanation from our president for his behavior and decision, that will affect the trust the American people have on him as a leader and his political party and the military soldiers and families that have loves one serving and have lost members in the middle east to the war on terror.

We have not answers yet, just speculation and the fact that so far in 6 years of the Present administration list of favoritism toward the middle east, Islam and muslin countries is astonishing as no other president had sided this much to terrorist groups before at least so openly.

The release of the 5 terrorist that are already well known to be high ranking members of their terrorist groups will just help their fellow terrorist have once again a leadership to pursue their terrorist agenda around the world

Perhaps posting what these 5 terrorist has done will be the next step to understand why they are considered dangerous.

I am still waiting for the explanation from the President.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I have been thinking about this and it could perhaps be another scenario entirely. Maybe the US turned one or more of these detainees and is releasing them back to spy for us in some fashion? From all accounts it sounds as if this Bowe kid is a joke and not really intelligent, while the US detainees were highly intelligent. Could be a play to put some people on the inside over there after the US broke them in Guantanamo.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
His fellow soldiers he served with can describe this situation best.

The bile surrounding his rescue is blunt on his Fort Richardson, Alaska brigade’s Facebook page:
•“I say we welcome him home with a firing squad.,” one says. “He’s a piece of trash and everyone from [Fort Richardson] knows it the only person less American than that man is the president for giving up 5 hvt’s [High-Value Targets]”
•“Now he can stand trial for deserting his post,” says one message on his unit’s Facebook page—a sentiment that has garnered 44 “likes”.
•“Do you know how many families never saw their loved ones because of him?” a third poster asked.

And there is the fact that 6 US soldiers died searching for this deserting pos.

Source

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Assuming what is coming out is true...and I'm not saying either way it is based on what we know now...then the question of what he gave the enemy is a fair one.

The thing is though, the stories and reports of this indicate he didn't leave with any sensitive equipment (avoided it, apparently) and he wouldn't have known much to say much.

I think his real damage to flip sides would have been the American soldier's perspective on where best to place something like an IED against our own people and the thought/logic used to defeat them. Patrol habits, and why they're done or the inner logic of specific men on the base that Taliban unit was fighting. That sort of thing...

It's not like he was Manning or Snowden or something. He MIGHT have known things like the weak spot on an M1 tank off the top of his head, but probably not...and what in infantry is really secret beyond the way people make daily decisions and physical equipment?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I wish this is all about standing trial for deserting a post and the results of it. But when the president stood up in front of the people with the father of the men that is supposedly a deserter and to be on trial, it kind of makes you think that the agenda is more than just looking for justice.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
Assuming what is coming out is true...and I'm not saying either way it is based on what we know now...then the question of what he gave the enemy is a fair one.

The thing is though, the stories and reports of this indicate he didn't leave with any sensitive equipment (avoided it, apparently) and he wouldn't have known much to say much.

I think his real damage to flip sides would have been the American soldier's perspective on where best to place something like an IED against our own people and the thought/logic used to defeat them. Patrol habits, and why they're done or the inner logic of specific men on the base that Taliban unit was fighting. That sort of thing...

It's not like he was Manning or Snowden or something. He MIGHT have known things like the weak spot on an M1 tank off the top of his head, but probably not...and what in infantry is really secret beyond the way people make daily decisions and physical equipment?

It is obvious why he asked those questions about what equipment he should not take with him when he runs to the enemy, he didn't want to jeopardize his real mission of becoming a trading chip for Gitmo detainee trading, something his father has stated as his goal in life. He was ensuring that he didn't take things with him that would cause a roadblock to his release chances.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I wish this is all about standing trial for deserting a post and the results of it. But when the president stood up in front of the people with the father of the men that is supposedly a deserter and to be on trial, it kind of makes you think that the agenda is more than just looking for justice.

The agenda is releasing Gitmo prisoners, has been since Obama campaigned and promised to do it.

This method fits right in with his appeasement policies.
edit on 3-6-2014 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I certainly don't go quite that far in ascribing some far reaching plot of advanced planning.

This sounds like someone with the same issues as 'Jihad Johnny', but with a far different path taken to get into his misadventure.

An outright 5th columnist though? He sounds like he'd wanted nothing more than to get out of the military. Not learn all he could to harm it or manipulate future exchanges. What if Obama lost in 2012? Ooops...Doom would have been on him.

It changes nothing..and I mean nothing..on the gravity of what he did, if it's how it seems to be. However, I don't give this guy the credit to have plotted anything out beyond the very short term.

Some lost and idiotic kid who betrayed his unit, his fellow men and his nation in the process of "going his own way" sounds more likely, personally.
edit on 6/3/2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join