It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Screaming Mummy: The Lost Secret of DB320′s Mystery Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Some time during the 15th century BC, an elaborate group of tombs and mortuary temples known as “The Northern Monastery” were built along the Nile’s west bank in Egypt. Within these structures rest in the great Theban Necropolis, dating back as early as the Eleventh dynasty.

Nearby, is a burial site called Tomb DB320, which houses the remains of some 50 members of ancient Egyptian dynastic royalty.
There is also another “mystery mummy” that was removed from the tomb that has aroused equal interest.

mysteriousuniverse.org...

“Unkown Man E,” informally known as “the screaming man,” is a mummy bearing a particularly frightening appearance, with his face distorted and lurching backwards as though crying out in pain during his final moments. One of the great mysteries of this peculiar looking mummy, apart from the riddle of his identity, is what led to his ghastly appearance, and eventual demise.

Brier believes the mummy may be the body of Egyptian prince Pentawer of the 20th dynasty, one of Ramesses III’s sons, who according to Judicial Papyrus on record, was forced into suicide by ingestion of poisons due to his involvement with a conspiracy plot is mother, Tiye, may have initiated. During the 20th Dynasty, a member of royalty might have been given an option of suicide in this manner, following a conviction of this sort, which may normally entail being burned alive as punishment.
Could it indeed be that the willful ingestion of poison by “The Screaming Man” is truly what led to his ghastly appearance in the afterlife?

In the video below, the strange story of "Unknown Man E" is recounted to determine his identity and cause of death:

edit on 6/3/2014 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: sled735

Ouch! Reminds me of the movie The Mummy, with Brendan Fraser.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

At first, when I read this, I thought his expression and posture could have possibly been a result of the processes of decomposition. After some further searching and reading, I found that this is apparently not the case. This is indeed a very strange and interesting mummy. Star and Flag.

Here are some of the other sources I found - some of them have a bit more information regarding the excavation of this complex and the mummies that have been found there, as well as numerous opinions and theories as to who this mummy could be:

archive.archaeology.org...

and

[url=http://www.foxnews.com/science/2012/12/19/mummy-murder-mystery-solved/]http://www.foxnews.com/science/2012/12/19/mummy-murder-mystery-solved/[/ur l]

Sorry, I can't seem to get the second link to work! Can't figure out what I am doing wrong as I did it the same way I did the first one?

edit on 3-6-2014 by DustbowlDebutante because: trying to get the second link to work!

edit on 3-6-2014 by DustbowlDebutante because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

In the article in the second link I provided, it states that researchers think he could have been buried alive. Very much like the The Mummy movies - minus the carnivorous beetles and supernatural powers, of course.

Because of his contorted expression, some scientists have speculated that unknown man E was poisoned or buried alive. The new analysis did not provide a more conclusive cause of death, but they did find that his lungs were overinflated, which could be a sign of death by suffocation or strangulation, perhaps consistent with a suicide.

That quote comes from here.

There's just something about "buried alive" that gives me the heebeejeebees.... *shiver*

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DustbowlDebutante

Looking at his expression, it does look like he could have been buried alive. A horrible way to die i'd imagine. To have a face like his as it is now he must have been alive or nearly dying when he was buried.
A fascinating, mysterious & brutal time to be alive.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: rhynouk

I'm quite disturbed about them removing his body from the tomb. I think if someone does that to my body after I die, I'll haunt them, and scare them so bad, they'll never have any more peace!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Imotep... Imotep..... Imotep.... Imotep.....

top topics

join