It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle approves $15 minimum wage

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Here's an interesting take.... Literally

A parking lot receipt with a "Living Wage Surcharge"

One photo reveals big issue with Seattleā€™s $15 minimum wage

They think of everything don't they

I as a person that might some day park at that garage for an entire week say no problem. The $6.93 weekly increase breaks down to .99c a day (24 hour span) increase to give the employees a $4-$5 an hour raise. Hit me with that fee no problem, but pass it to the employees, not the owners.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
The problem is people want to many things like food and a home of their own. You can share food and squat in the back of Chevy, but communisms is evil which is why American companies are sending American jobs to Communist China. Why should Democrats tax the evil rich when teachers make more than Walmart employees??? Can you believe that?
Evil unions and George Soros have made it so that American jobs will be lost if Shelly Walton is taxed a couple extra billion next year. People want too much stuffs, they steal from the evil corporations so that the corporations can hire elite accountants to get them tax refunds after they get subsidies. If you tax them they will take the jobs they have taken to China and not much will change.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ldyserenity

With all due respect, Ms. Accomplished

I'd like to hear your opinion on pensions, should we do away with them? Funding for pensions is pushed down to the consumer or taxpayer as they're providing welfare for a formerly accomplished individual who isn't providing them with a service any longer. The pension recipient, is no longer self reliant, should society do away with him?

Pensions, a form of welfare are absolutely an upward force for inflation in a labor based grid and economy, inflation, which absolutely effects the value of a minimum wage.
edit on 2014 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join