It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA blasts Open Carry Texas after San Antonio incidents

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

so your supporting the arrest of people because they are "scary" despite the fact they have broken no laws? well keep calling them and they will keep suing and winning statistically.and guess where that money comes from city coffers im sure that Colorado city would have loved to throw an extra 25 grand at their school systems but instead the city had to pay it out to a man who had his rights violated
if you dont like what they are doing under the law campaign to change the laws as that is how the process is set up in this nation
talkingpointsmemo.com... nra is taking flack from the texas open carriers as well

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Don't worry about the gun you can see...Think about the masked man with his hands in his pocket.

Criminals DO NOT obey laws!

Every time they pass another anti-gun law they make it safer for the criminal.

WAKE-UP America!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Don't put words in my mouth. I'm simply saying - common sense counts.

And even the NRA can accept that.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I watched the Mother Jones vid.

A pack of arrogant young jerks getting their kicks mouthing off to some poor assistant manager at Chili's like they were confronting a mastermind of the NWO.

If you want an AR-15 for the shooting range or to protect your home from the zombie apocalypse, fine with me.

If you're carrying it into a restaurant to provoke a scene you're being a jack ass.

A major premise of the NRA is that in the hands of responsible owners firearms do not pose a risk to the public. That's obviously not the case here.

(post by waltwillis removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel
I watched the Mother Jones vid.

A pack of arrogant young jerks getting their kicks mouthing off to some poor assistant manager at Chili's like they were confronting a mastermind of the NWO.

If you want an AR-15 for the shooting range or to protect your home from the zombie apocalypse, fine with me.

If you're carrying it into a restaurant to provoke a scene you're being a jack ass.

A major premise of the NRA is that in the hands of responsible owners firearms do not pose a risk to the public. That's obviously not the case here.

There is no such thing as bad publicity
- Madonna

The discussion has gone international and people are saying "it's true that you can carry riffles in America?" Mother Jones is meddling with forces she doesn't understand. She only understands the people who are brainwashed to the feels she taught them to feel. But when the emotionality wears off, some key facts will remain. This is a win for gun rights, and a big one.

Both group of protesters sense of clothing and etiquette is atrocious on the other hand.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I agree with the NRA. When a store puts up a no guns allowed after these idiots it also applies to CCW holders who's guns were never seen.
N ow you have gun free zones for the nutcase shooters.

We have the same problem when they passed the no open carry law in calif after idiots out here open carried.

Now we have a almost imposable to understand anti open carry law on the books in calif.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
Since it is legal in Texas to carry long guns as they did, it's out of line for the NRA or anyone else to call them "weird" or "scary" for doing so.

Why?

AFAIK you still have the first amendment along with the 2nd - so you're perfectly entitled to call someone "weird" or "scary" if you want.

Especially if it is patently obvious why!

The NRA is supposed to be in support of the Second Amendment, but they call people names that exercise their rights according to said amendment. That is out of line. It's flat out dishonest. If they think exercising the right to bear arms is "weird" and "scary" then they need to stop claiming that they are pro-gun rights.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: maria_stardust

People that get all upset simply because someone is legally carrying a gun need to get a grip.

It's perfectly natural for a person to be leery of another person carrying a gun, legally or not. It's a survival instinct. Even someone legally carrying a gun is liable to have a bad day and go off the deep end.

You just never know.

I have seen people carrying guns, and it didn't bother me in the slightest. They weren't people that were dangerous. Instinct can tell us if a person is dangerous, and that isn't dependent on what they might or might not carry. Scariest person I ever saw was a guy in a business suit, that came into the hotel where I was working, and he wasn't carrying anything. A gun is just a tool. Being afraid of someone for carrying one is akin to being afraid of someone with a hammer, or a crowbar, or a ball bat. Anything can be a weapon. Someone carrying, for defense, or whatever, doesn't bother me.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

It's nice to know that something like that doesn't bother you. Although it is rather arrogant of you to dismiss others who may not share your view as foolish. To each, his own.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

www.nranews.com... well they retracted their statement evidently and now the nra is stating that they are in full support of open carry.

it was not a policy statement just one mans statement and he did not speak for the nra

video interview at link explains it better then i can

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: maria_stardust

It's nice to know that something like that doesn't bother you. Although it is rather arrogant of you to dismiss others who may not share your view as foolish. To each, his own.

Someone deciding to be afraid isn't a reason to violate a basic right. If someone decided a black man in the business was "scary" to them, would they have a right to demand the restaurant banned blacks? This sort of reaction is the same as those demanding "gate speech" laws. Anything they don't personally like, they want to ban. That's my issue with this.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

I have seen people carrying guns, and it didn't bother me in the slightest. They weren't people that were dangerous. Instinct can tell us if a person is dangerous, and that isn't dependent on what they might or might not carry.

Anyone who sees two morons like this walk into a public place and does not consider the possibility they pose a threat is a fool.

He has his finger next to the trigger for crying out loud.

edit on 4-6-2014 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

I have seen people carrying guns, and it didn't bother me in the slightest. They weren't people that were dangerous. Instinct can tell us if a person is dangerous, and that isn't dependent on what they might or might not carry.

Anyone who sees two morons like this walk into a public place and does not consider the possibility they pose a threat is a fool.

He has his finger next to the trigger for crying out loud.

Speaking as a Brit who has frequently been a tourist in the US, I can say that if I saw two armed twits like that in anywhere I wandered into for lunch, I would definitely turn around and run the other way. They would scare the crap out of me. What the hell does someone need a machine gun next to them for lunch? Oh wait, they're the Open Carry Texas halfwits.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: links234

I have an open mind about firearms and will respect the fight to uphold the right to bear arms, but this really is a bit weird and actually a fairly aggressive form of demonstration. I wonder if the mentality of folk who think this is reasonable and courteous behaviour are doing this out of ego as opposed to anything else. Strikes me as a bit 'my gun is bigger than your'.

Edit: looking at that picture posted above, they are definitely compensating!
edit on 4-6-2014 by LarryLove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
hmmm.....notice how the gun totters never walk into a court house, police station, federal, state, or other government building while openly carrying AR-15's.....now why would that be, if they were just exercising the 2nd amendment rights?
please, I think all of you should try that.
edit on 4-6-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

You see this isn't about 'rights' this is all ego in my book. And no one individual needs to behave like this in public. Heavily armed twits (frankly looking a bit weird toting weapons like this) show the cause to retain the right to bear arms in the wrong light altogether. I will always respect that right and don't have many issues with gun ownership per se, but when the world looks on at these stories, what will it think?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Ok, I got it.
Don't exercise your 2nd Amendment rights in public because people haven't been doing it.
Like if we all had nothing to say and suddenly spoke up in public that would be a bad thing too.

Exercising our rights is now an act of extremism?
We've come so far.....

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Ok, I got it.
Don't exercise your 2nd Amendment rights in public because people haven't been doing it.
Like if we all had nothing to say and suddenly spoke up in public that would be a bad thing too.

Exercising our rights is now an act of extremism?
We've come so far.....

They have the right to bear arms. Why do they need to do so in a restaurant? Are they going to shoot the waitress if they don't bring the check fast enough? Are they going to shoot the condiments to open them?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

It is about perception. At least I keep hearing that across these boards and these egocentric acts do nothing but cast the cause in the wrong light. This exemplifies a particular moronic mindset not good PR.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join