It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA blasts Open Carry Texas after San Antonio incidents

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace
a reply to: mikegrouchy

I would like to know where I can verify the accuracy of this post.The shooting ranges, names, all of it. It provides quality assurance to ATS post. I am the quality assurance guy for all female shooting sports in America, yeah "thats the ticket" the quality assurance guy.

LOL

/sarcasm
um, I'll get right on that and message you a tour list. Shooting clubs. Be there!
/end sarcasm

!

Mike Grouchy

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

It doesn't matter if the person OCing an AR is a guy or girl.

What these people are doing are hindering our chances here in Texas of passing an open carry of handguns bill in the 2015 legislature. This is something many of us Texans have been waiting for for quite a long time now. We're so close to getting this done finally. With the momentum over the past year, open carry legislation appears to have been a slam dunk in the 2015 session. That was until all these OC rifle stories started popping up recently and began portraying OCing in a negative light.

We have seen plenty of progress over the past decade restoring handgun rights in this state, but this small group of people could cause all of that to come to a screeching halt on all of our progress we have made over the years.

(I would like to go take a class with those girls in the 3rd picture though....)

edit on 3-6-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: buni11687

It doesn't matter if the person OCing an AR is a guy or girl.

What these people are doing are hindering our chances here in Texas of passing an open carry of handguns bill in the 2015 legislature. This is something many of us Texans have been waiting for for quite a long time now. We're so close to getting this done finally. With the momentum over the past year, open carry legislation appears to have been a slam dunk in the 2015 session. That was until all these OC rifle stories started popping up recently and began portraying OCing in a negative light.

We have seen plenty of progress over the past decade restoring handgun rights in this state, but this small group of people could cause all of that to come to a screeching halt on all of our progress we have made over the years.

(I would like to go take a class with those girls in the 3rd picture though....)

It's a phase.

It's the women with firearms and/or peices that will set the long term trend.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: buni11687

The one second from the right looks a little too strict. I would prefer an overall higher level of seriousness than only one strict person. Especially one that _second_ from the right. Or the middle. Ether way it looks like she's second in charge, maybe third. I bet they're all hella good though.

Mike Grouchy
edit on 3-6-2014 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

It's a phase.

Im hoping OCing of long guns becomes more commonly accepted in this state. Unfortunately, the general public perception of long guns being open carried is highly negative currently.

After living in Texas for about 15+ years, I was surprised to see that Texas isn't as gun friendly as it was generally portrayed to be. (well, we have made some pretty major accomplishments since I moved here and it's much better nowdays).

What really boggles my mind is that Texas has taken this long to actually have a chance at passing a law for the OC of handguns. OC of long guns has been legal for plenty of years, but why didn't they allow OC of handguns? With the way Texas is portrayed in regards to guns.....we should have had Constitutional Carry passed years ago (or also called unrestricted carry)!

Vermont has been leading the charge in that area of gun rights by atleast a few decades, and then came Alaska, then Arizona, then Wyoming, and then Arkansas. Texas is really falling behind.

The one second from the right looks a little too strict. I would prefer an overall higher level of seriousness than only one strict person. Especially one that _second_ from the right. Or the middle. Ether way it looks like she's second in charge, maybe third. I bet they're all hella good though.

I haven't even lifted my standards bar off the ground in years....As long as they're a girl with a gun, I'll take any of them
edit on 3-6-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

why is it a big deal?

It's a big deal because it brings embarrassment and ridicule to the gun lobby.

I think it is more than that. The NRA is the lobbying group for the gun industry.

From the NRA statement: "It makes folks who might normally be perfectly open-minded about firearms feel uncomfortable and question the motives of pro-gun advocates." That discomfort and questions of motive might dissuade those folks from wanting to associate with that industry. That means *lost sales*.

The NRA doesn't care if those involved with the open-carry demonstrations feel marginalized by the NRA. I've read a few comments on other forums where some NRA members are threatening to cut up their lifetime membership cards. NRA don't care. Those people have already bought and will continue to buy what the NRA is selling, no membership needed.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I get that it's legal and people can do it, but acting surprised when it scares people is ridiculous. A lot of people think guns are scary. I think guns are scary and personally I don't like being around them, so if somebody walks in to mcdonalds carrying a rifle I'm going to have a problem with it. People who walk around with their big ass guns in places you wouldn't expect it deserve to get # for it.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: gorey
I get that it's legal and people can do it, but acting surprised when it scares people is ridiculous. A lot of people think guns are scary. I think guns are scary and personally I don't like being around them, so if somebody walks in to mcdonalds carrying a rifle I'm going to have a problem with it. People who walk around with their big ass guns in places you wouldn't expect it deserve to get # for it.

You know we didn't have this problem back when there were rifflery and boxing teams in the schools. People were able to get over their shock and awe in a controlled environment, and at a much younger age. Oh, an no one was shooting up schools, because ... you know ... rifflery team.

But in this country the trendy trend is to delay these things, till much older. Or never. And then blame gun owners for societies state of arrested development.

It's a tool. Learn it. Get over it.

Mike Grouchy

edit on 3-6-2014 by mikegrouchy because: double print pic

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
only a matter of time until someone thinks these guys are trying to rob the place and decide to "stand their ground"

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Yes it's a tool, and if someone is stupid enough to walk around with a rifle in public places you can expect them to be crazy enough to start killing people with it.

I'm more afraid of people than I am guns.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: gorey

and i wouldnt be surprised if someone put a bullet in them for that very reason

someone walks into a convenience store or restaurant with a shotgun or rifle what do you think the clerk/cashiers first thoughts are going to be?
edit on 3-6-2014 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: sirhumperdink
a reply to: gorey

someone walks into a convenience store or restaurant with a shotgun or rifle what do you think the clerk/cashiers first thoughts are going to be?

Well... hypothetically ... they would probably follow the corporate policy and cooperate. As the company knows that the state probably has _not_ trained the young adults in firearms and so they don't want the legal trouble. But anyway, back to cooperating.

Say . . .

Isn't that how those stewards died on September the eleventh. Like four or five guys on each plane stood down a hundred passengers. Via box cutters, and that was to make sure the passengers stayed in their seats. What happened to the stewards I mean.

But the cashier in the hypothetical above? They would feel relief when the person got a drink cause they were thirsty, and actually paid for it. I mean, that kind of cooperation is what the corporations had in mind. The presence of a firearm doesn't alter the value of the financial transaction in any way. But _I am_ willing to criticize the fashion choice of the protesters.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikegrouchy

originally posted by: gorey
You know we didn't have this problem back when there were rifflery and boxing teams in the schools. People were able to get over their shock and awe in a controlled environment, and at a much younger age. Oh, an no one was shooting up schools, because ... you know ... rifflery team.

But in this country the trendy trend is to delay these things, till much older. Or never. And then blame gun owners for societies state of arrested development.

It's a tool. Learn it. Get over it.

Mike Grouchy

There was a day not to long ago I might add that kids took their 22 rifle to school and hunted on the way home. No one thought anything about it. You could have squirrel pie for dinner. I was raised as a city boy, but have family from the south and this was common practice.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   

you mean the stewards that were not and still are not legally allowed to carry a fire arm onto the plane

didnt really think that one through did you?
you also clearly didnt think about the fact that the vast majority of the time someone comes into an establishment carrying a weapon such as a shotgun or rifle the intention is a robbery ....would be pretty retarded for the person to just assume someone walking into their place of business with a weapon (er......sorry.....tool for ending lives.......) has good intentions

one of these idiots is going to get themselves shot and the only sympathy you will see from me is for the poor sob who had to pull the trigger

i have nothing against guns
i have very strong feelings about fools though

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I think a good idea next time i want to eat out. Go packing maybe a nice 44 on the hip and a sawn off shotgun over the shoulder. Should get either shot or assisted realy quickly.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

you mean the stewards that were not and still are not legally allowed to carry a fire arm onto the plane

one of these idiots is going to get themselves shot and the only sympathy you will see from me is for the poor sob who had to pull the trigger

I think the word trigger has been randomly inserted into the discussion after a tangent through a hypothetical, and thusly has little if any bearing on the Protest protested by the NRA. In my humble opinion you have lost the plot. The only thing fashionable that I saw the protesters do was keeping their trigger fingers _off_ of their triggers. In the hyperbolic quote above this is completely missed, and instead of being commended on the one thing they actually did right, somehow they are now being condemned to death beneath it.

In otherwords, I have tried to make the case that that last sentence is a tad inflammatory.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

maybe i did lose the plot care filling me in on the last episode?
how about a sneak peak for next weeks fictional romp?

again watch it happen

they will deserve it

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   

you also clearly didnt think about the fact that the vast majority of the time someone comes into an establishment carrying a weapon such as a shotgun or rifle the intention is a robbery ....would be pretty retarded for the person to just assume someone walking into their place of business with a weapon (er......sorry.....tool for ending lives.......) has good intentions

In the post nanny state world that the quote above is so arduously defending ... yes . . . that, would be true. I imagine it is true for a great many city dwellers. But as many other threads on this site have shown; in stats, charts, and reports, it seems to be to their detriment as crime is notoriously bad in many cities.

What I think would help in understanding, is that I have seen armed soldiers standing on the corner of busy streets, with fully-automatic weapons! And the peasants going about their business like nothing was out of place. The position being argued in the quote above only ends in one place. Armaments as the sole property of the state. If we want to protect the children, then put rifflery _back_ in the schools and shut down the department of education once and for all as the catastrophe it has been. Don't fire the teachers. Shut down the department of ed, let the states spend their own money. The fed plan has destroyed every community it has touched, and committed genocide against the extended family.

Much gun culture has already been lost.

Don't snuff out the last lights
just to be trendy.

Mike Grouchy
edit on 3-6-2014 by mikegrouchy because: punctuation

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
good gun culture should be lost
there should not be a culture of guns
guns are weapons and should be treated as such and only used for practice or to defend yourself should the need arise
you should not be carrying a shotgun with you into mcdonalds while you eat or treating them like some kind of toy to play with because "lolol shooting stuff is fun"
guns should not be a basis for a social circle, a tradition, or a way of life.....

its ridiculous gun culture is even considered a thing

and here comes the post explaining how that is not the case and you are a responsible gun owner and what theyre doing is legal therefor they are not complete tards
bs

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
These people are morons. The people that support them are morons. Both groups are doing so much harm to the their cause that it's just embarrassing.

THERE IS NO POINT. Yeah, you're not getting arrested, your idiot friends like the videos you post online, but THE VAST MAJORITY of people, pro or anti gun, think you shouldn't be doing what you're doing. There is no legitimate reason to bring your AR or AK into a business. WHAT IS THE POINT? To show that you can? Yeah, you can, but you're a complete jackass for doing it. I can run up to an old lady and cuss her out, but that's not a great way to protect my freedom of speech is it?

I carry a gun. I like guns. I wish people were more understanding. Terrorizing people that are already afraid of guns and those that are on the fence is not the way to foster understanding. You don't bring a scary dog to teach someone dogs aren't scary.

These idiots are begging for a confrontation. They want to confront people that are anti gun, they want to confront businesses that don't want them chasing off customers, and they want to get the police on tape telling them to screw off. They are idiots, and if you support them you are too. I'm not scared of your AR. Real men talk, they don't hide behind a gun.

Candyasses. Look at these idiots. If you support them look at yourself. You're wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join