It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Safest Method of Travel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: semperfortis
My plan is multi-layered

Jeep/Mountain Bike/Good Hiking-Survival Boots

Same plan here, except I will start off with a Truck... mostly relying on my mountain bike gear, like you see in the Great Divide Mountain Bike Race... plus some....

I usually bike ride 10 miles a day, and set aside one day of the month for a 30 mile ride on dirt roads and pastures...

edit on 27-6-2014 by imitator because: sleepy...

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: RedParrotHead

I would say if you need speed, get a on/off road motorcycle, that will go over 80 down the road for a fast get away, also I say on/off road...because if the roads are blocked you want something that will travel well in the open country, across fields and through small streams and ditches. You can have an extra gas can fixed to the back of the bike with enough fuel to fill your tank a time or 3...and if you have a backpack that your wearing, you have all your stuff on you if you have to ditch the bike and go afoot.

This is just my thought from what I read, that you posted.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: saltdog

Thanks for the input- that's a no-brainer but unfortunately my wife and 3 kids might not like that plan!

I've put steps in place to use the local waterways as the first leg (well, 2nd really if you count the 1/2 trip to the water) of my bugout plan. I figure I can get a lot of distance quickly while avoiding traffic jams and such...unless there's a tsunami

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
To add if the trains can be secured those may make good movable living centers with space to store things and protection vantage points. Got to keep a car ahead and behind main train system for pirates who may attack or destroy rails (so keep track making supplies) etc.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join