It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Mile Long eruption of Liquid Sand + stored CO2 @ Fracking operation in Colorado

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

It appears a large deposit of high pressure liquid sand, underground at the Collbran Colorado fracking location, found a weak point to the surface. After doing some research on the "Collbran Gas System" , which is part of the Piceance shale deposit, I found that in addition to hydraulic fracturing (fracking), there is also a LARGE amount of CO2 being pumped into the ground (like carbonation in a can of soda).... a process called "Carbon Sequestration", where CO2 is pumped into old oil wells filled with liquid frack sands. Carbon Sequestration is a Geoengineering method to reduce the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere (under the belief that there is global warming due to excessive CO2 in the atmosphere). The geoengineers have partnered up with the US Government, and oil companies -- to use old oil wells to "store" Carbon Dioxide gas. (each well thousands of feet deep, capable of being filled and compressed with billions of cubic feet of gas across thousands of old wells). -dutchsinise

Dutchsinise is the one that reported on the global earthquake that happened on 12/21/2012 that iirc, actually tiled the earth's orbit by 3 degrees. A very heavy hitter on YT for this kind of thing.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
but I thought that the koch-brothers were informing us fracking was perfectly safe.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
We sent people to the moon, are able to keep people alive on machines, keep HIV from turning into full out AIDS, fly around the world in less than 24 yours, communicate large amounts of data in less than a minute across the globe, can obtain unlimited power from nuclear energy, harness the suns energy like a tree.

Annnnnd we do this.

This is the prime example of how money talks, this has been a proven fact that fracking is dangerous, not only for workers, but environment. Sometimes us humans can be extremely stupid, corrupt, gullible and stubborn.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: schadenfreude

Isn't this the same "mudslide" that, apparently, took lives of three men?

Rescuers searched Monday for three men after a half-mile stretch of a ridge saturated with rain collapsed, sending mud sliding in a remote part of western Colorado. A county road worker, his son and another man went to check the damage on Sunday from an initial slide near the edge of Grand Mesa, one of the world’s largest flat-topped mountains, after a rancher reported that his irrigation ditch had stopped flowing, Sheriff Stan Hilkey of Mesa County said. He said no signs of the men, whose names were not released, or their truck had been found. The search near Collbran was hampered because only the lower third of the slide was stable. The mud is believed to be several hundred feet deep in some places.

Source

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
We sent people to the moon, are able to keep people alive on machines, keep HIV from turning into full out AIDS, fly around the world in less than 24 yours, communicate large amounts of data in less than a minute across the globe, can obtain unlimited power from nuclear energy, harness the suns energy like a tree.

Annnnnd we do this.

This is the prime example of how money talks, this has been a proven fact that fracking is dangerous, not only for workers, but environment. Sometimes us humans can be extremely stupid, corrupt, gullible and stubborn.

agreed.

money isn't the root of all evil, (hence the dividing class warfare bs) it's the LOVE of money that's the root of all evil.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Wow, this is some pretty crazy footage. This fracking stuff has got to become more regulated, secret ingredients, wont tell the public what is going on right underneath there feet, I guess when a town gets washed away, they will make up some bull, to make people look somewhere else

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Very interesting

I didn't think fracking would be done on a mountain top ?

This collapsed quite high up why wouldn't they be fracking up there? I thought it was generally carried out in a valley basin? I think it's possibly a combination of both fracking and meltwater seeping into the fractures via wells

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I like this guy, he seems to have researched things after being confronted with people who benefit from the process and are deceiving others.

These big corporations have people on the net trying to discredit people who negatively effect their business. How do I know this? Because if I was in charge of one of these corporations, I would definitely be doing this. That would be one of the best investments a corporation could make.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Now we have man-made liquid sand volcanos to couple with our man-made earthquakes.

This is going south quickly!

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
He's back .

I remember Dutchsinise and his volcanic eruptions in the mojave desert.

Funny thing that at the time i could walk to my back door and look at the hill he was talking about there was no eruption.
www.youtube.com...=41
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
He's back .

I remember Dutchsinise and his volcanic eruptions in the mojave desert.

Funny thing that at the time i could walk to my back door and look at the hill he was talking about there was no eruption.
www.youtube.com...=41
www.abovetopsecret.com...

from the OP you linked here on ATS

I hereby reverse my position and make a retraction. I can no longer support the accusations I have made in this thread. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

So how is your link not disingenuous?

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED
That might have been an hoaxial eruption, and they are not for all to see.

To me this guy seems about just as credible as Sucha Fail.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Maybe dutchsinse has done his/her homework, and knows the score, there.
What I know of pumping CO2 into the ground is - it is expensive, and is used as a tertiary recovery method.
With it being "Expensive", I'm wondering why anyone + the Government would be simply pumping it into old wells to get rid of it...as there are many companies that would like to use it in virtually-exhausted reservoirs to free the oil from the rock that was not freed in the secondary stage of recovery.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I don't think corporate greed is too worried about the loss of a few hundred lives. Those at the top level stand to become incredibly wealthy, and as long as nobody can 'prove' that fracking is responsible for events like this, they will keep adding to their wealth.
I doubt any executives would ever consider living in a fracing area.
It will probably take a catastrophic event that kills tens of thousands before fracking is finally acknowledged and stopped.
I have not checked to see if there is any fracking going on near nuclear power plants; it's bad enough to know that they're doing it on known major fault lines.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

I don't think corporate greed is too worried about the loss of a few hundred lives. Those at the top level stand to become incredibly wealthy, and as long as nobody can 'prove' that fracking is responsible for events like this, they will keep adding to their wealth.
I doubt any executives would ever consider living in a fracing area.
It will probably take a catastrophic event that kills tens of thousands before fracking is finally acknowledged and stopped.
I have not checked to see if there is any fracking going on near nuclear power plants; it's bad enough to know that they're doing it on known major fault lines.

In general, I agree with the gist of your post.
I, however, know of many Executives that do live in the same areas that they 'explore' (meaning - frac').
Conversely - regarding your question on frac'ing near nuclear power plants - I guess we would need to define the proximity...to give an adequate answer.
BUT - consider the fact that DFW International Airport, and other significant-sized airports have given extremely expensive leases...to drill on their properties - - and, if you believe frac'ing to be as problematic as it would seem, you might want to avoid any flights going to or through said fields...just in case.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

it would appear so, yes.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: NonsensicalUserName

So no fracking, no coal burning, trying to stop Nuclear power plants for the last 30 years....what do environmentalists suggest we do?

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Euphem

really nuclear would be slightly better, as LFTR seems to be fairly reasonable in the sorts of dangers and waste produced. Thorium is probably politically impossible to actually get anywhere though...

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Injecting CO2 into wells is NOT fracking.

The term for injecting CO2 in wells is CO2 flooding if used in oil wells or Geologic Sequestration if used as part of carbon capture and storage.
water.epa.gov...
water.epa.gov...

Fracking is used in gas and geothermal wells not oil wells.

There is a big difference but the neo-luddite environmentalist could care less because they don't want ANY oil or gas drilling.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

G,day mate. Freeking fracking ort to be fracking well banned. may i suggest a better use of the sand. it has a lot to do with engines.
fracking is causing huge probs down here in aussie it is stuffing up the water table and in aussie we need the underground water to be safe as it is required all over this brown parched land for people and stock.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join