It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronomers Need Electric Theory Training

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dolour
maxwells equations are most likely incorrect, wich doesent really help understanding an eventually electric driven universe.

Are you familiar with Tom Bearden's work? www.cheniere.org...

He was just interviewed briefly recently during a roundtable discussion at the Secret Space Program 2014 www.secretspaceprogram.org... .

Among other things, he talked about his research into Maxwell's equations. He said that they were deliberately altered, at the behest of JP Morgan, by Lorentz, to symmetrize them, so they would not contain overunity systems. This was done in 1892.

He said that our world is full of free energy systems called dipoles. But the function of dipoles and the virtual state don't exist for electrical engineers in that 1892 altered model.

He said that modern quantum physics does recognize the energetic vacuum, however. In quantum physics we have the virtual state.

He said a dipole is broken symmetry. He said they absorb virtual energy from the vacuum all the time. Some of it integrates up into observable form and re-emits as a steady stream of photons, which in ordinary electrical engineering is called static voltage. But it's not static at all, it's steady voltage, steady emission of the same amount of photons without variation.

He said that if you look at quantum mechanics since about 1918, there are systems such as quaternions that allow for overunity engineering, but electrical engineers are not taught such things.

He said that some electrical engineers today are beginning to investigate the history of their model and what needs to be done to modernize it.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Light can traverse in a vacuum and light=electricity.......

Electricity is the modern day magic, very few can even grasp a basic understanding of how it truly works.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: Blue Shift

Light can traverse in a vacuum and light=electricity.......
Light =/= Electricity
Light is electromagnetic energy consisting of photons with with no rest mass.
Electric current involves the movement of charged particles with mass. They are not the same at all, though in some ways they are related.

Electricity is the modern day magic, very few can even grasp a basic understanding of how it truly works.
Abracadabra! Your computer and the internet seem to work! Someone must have figured it out.
edit on 12-7-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Light can be transformed into electricity, so light = electricity.

What else can be transformed into electricity? (try not to use google
)
edit on 12-7-2014 by jrod because: i have a background in electronics, can someone tell me the first rule of electronics?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod
Coal, natural gas, water falling over the side of a dam, wind blowing through a windmill, and nuclear fission for starters, which by the way is how most of our electricity is generated. So all those are electricity too?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Not the answers I was looking for. Do you have a background in electronics?

At one point in my life, I generated all my electricity from the sun. A generator uses a magnet, coils and motion to create electricity/ current and voltage. Almost all the electricity on the US grid is created by some sort of generator.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It doesn't matter if you were looking for those answers or not, those are the primary things we transform into electricity, though a little bit is from light. The solar arrays that heat water or other heat transfer media are probably more efficient with current technology than the photovoltaic type.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Each way you described all generate electricity the same way, via a generator. Our nuclear power planets create steam that turns a turbine using heat from the fission.

Pressure, temperature, light, friction, and chemically are other ways we can 'create' electricity.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

)

Each way you described all generate electricity the same way, via a generator. Our nuclear power planets create steam that turns a turbine using heat from the fission.

Pressure, temperature, light, friction, and chemically are other ways we can 'create' electricity.
OK so now you're saying that not only does light = electricity, but also pressure, temperature, friction, and chemicals? All those are electricity because they can be transformed into electricity?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

So you are not aware of the 7 fundamental ways to generate electricity?

There are seven fundamental methods of directly transforming other forms of energy into electrical energy:

Static electricity, from the physical separation and transport of charge (examples: triboelectric effect and lightning)

Electromagnetic induction, where an electrical generator, dynamo or alternator transforms kinetic energy (energy of motion) into electricity. This is the most used form for generating electricity and is based on Faraday's law. It can be experimented by simply rotating a magnet within closed loops of a conducting material (e.g. copper wire)

Electrochemistry, the direct transformation of chemical energy into electricity, as in a battery, fuel cell or nerve impulse

Photoelectric effect, the transformation of light into electrical energy, as in solar cells

Thermoelectric effect, the direct conversion of temperature differences to electricity, as in thermocouples, thermopiles, and thermionic converters.

Piezoelectric effect, from the mechanical strain of electrically anisotropic molecules or crystals. Researchers at the US Department of Energy's Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley Lab) have developed a piezoelectric generator sufficient to operate a liquid crystal display using thin films of M13 bacteriophage.

Nuclear transformation, the creation and acceleration of charged particles (examples: betavoltaics or alpha particle emission

wiki

edit on 12-7-2014 by jrod because: 1

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
No I'm saying pressure doesn't equal electricity just because you can use pressure to generate electricity.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

It is important to know how to generate electricity.

I do see the universe full of charged masses. Gravity very well maybe an apparent force, similar to the Coriolis effect/force is an apparent one. It does seem that gravity acts to bend space/time, I do not know if the same can be said about electromagnetism.
edit on 12-7-2014 by jrod because: 1

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I do not know if the same can be said about electromagnetism.
The same is said about electromagnetic radiation (photons), in theory. However, in practice, it has not yet been observed as far as I know. The reason is hinted at in the equation E=mc^2

c is a big number and even bigger when you square it so the energy even in a tiny particle like a proton is substantial (which determines how much it curves space-time). It takes huge numbers of photons to add up to the same amount of energy.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

E=mc^2 and F=k(Q*q)/r^2

k=8.99*10^9 (Nm^2)/C^2

C=Columbs

c=speed of light

Okay...now what? We are limited because we tend to only think 3 and sometimes 4 dimensionally.
edit on 12-7-2014 by jrod because: 123

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
OK here's the same thing in different words, maybe this will help (See #7):

www.physicsforums.com...

Light exerts gravity : in general relativity, gravity is coupled to energy density and momentum flow, not only mass like in newtonian gravity. An electromagnetic wave will exert its own gravity, though extremely weak and not currently measurable. Gravity exerted by massive bodies is much higher because of their huge energy content (see the c squared term in Einstein formula).
It's relativity which is 4 dimensional thinking. Some guys are thinking in 11 dimensions, but so far that line of thought hasn't been productive in the real world.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
Coal, natural gas, water falling over the side of a dam, wind blowing through a windmill, and nuclear fission for starters, which by the way is how most of our electricity is generated. So all those are electricity too?

all this stuff can be traced back to SUNLIGHT being converted by plants, evaporating water(wich is where its potential comes from), heating up the atmosphere(wind yay!) etc...
so basically, aside from nuclear power(energy released by fission is 99% x-rays btw, wich are *duh* allso light), all our electricity originates from light, wich is the universes way of exchanging energy.

how come a "scientist" isnt aware of this basic principle? ~~

@mary rose:

Are you familiar with Tom Bearden's work?

not yet, ill check it out.

Among other things, he talked about his research into Maxwell's equations. He said that they were deliberately altered, at the behest of JP Morgan, by Lorentz, to symmetrize them, so they would not contain overunity systems. This was done in 1892

ok didnt knew that either, wich is pretty interesting.
i allways expected some of the weired results being worth investigating and was never fond of the "probations"(wth is the english term for "Einsetzprobe" anyways?), needed to doublecheck results when applying maxwell equations.

edit on 13-7-2014 by Dolour because: moar typos

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dolour
all our electricity originates from light, wich is the universes way of exchanging energy.

how come a "scientist" isnt aware of this basic principle? ~~
I was asked this question:

)
And you're saying the answer to this question should have been light, and since I didn't respond with that answer, I'm unaware of the properties of light?

The question you should be asking, is how you can fail so badly at reading comprehension and logic. Answering light to that question of "what else besides light" would make no sense, but since most of your posts contain a similar lack of logic, I suppose maybe you really think light should have been the logical answer.

(post by Dolour removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Dolour
You truncated the post, and reposted a quote mined version.
I reposted the post in its entirety so it could be taken in context.
Which technique is used by trolls?

By the way I had already responded to the light=electricity claim, which was repeated from the earlier post. This was my reply to that:

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
Light =/= Electricity
Light is electromagnetic energy consisting of photons with with no rest mass.
Electric current involves the movement of charged particles with mass. They are not the same at all, though in some ways they are related..

The only thing different in the repeat of that claim was saying the reason they were equal is because light was transformed into electricity.

This is a major logic failure which I hope you're not defending. Sand (silica) can be transformed into computer chips. it does not follow that sand=computer chips.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I was looking for the 7 fundamental ways to create electricity. Even electrical engineers have a tough time with that one...

Electronics are the modern day magic machines that few truly understand, tho9ugh many will claim to be experts.

This is important because it appears electromagnetism plays a major role, perhaps a bigger role than gravity, in the order of the universe.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join