It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freed American POW’s Father Deletes A Very Disturbing Tweet: Throws Prisoner Exchange in Question

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Ummmm so we basically released 6 terrorists back into the wild... And that dad.... Wow...

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

In my view...that is total rubbish.

The guy and his Father are smart, and because they are both smart - he's still alive and well.

What, d'you seriously think the guy wouldn't know his captors would be reading and analysing every word he'd written home?

Of course he knew they would, and of course, like anyone in a similar situation that preferred to walk out alive, he played his captors, just like i would have tried to do.

And he was convincing enough to be kept alive.

You're essentially condemning the poor bloke for engineering his own survival, acting and speaking to his captors in such a manner that kept him alive and pulling a very smart and long con game on his captors and getting away with it.

My opinion, the dumb thing to have done in the same situation would have been the exact opposite of what he did.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

I'll tell you what right now... keeping those men in custody would be worth my head. I would have given my life - not begged those men free.

In that alone, is a HUGE difference in ideology - and I AM muslim. Perhaps that stems from knowing what those men are capable of... verses some ideological BS.
edit on 1-6-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

It would seem that this administration is smoothing over one fiasco with another clear back to the beginning, hell the administration is a fiasco.

What are Americans thinking when they have the power to impeach and do nothing ?

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Battleline

Apparently we do not have the power to impeach anyone... Apparently we live in a communist state now.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The country that was America is gone.
edit on 1-6-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: haven123

Good memory, I kind of remembered this but had no idea where to find it.

This is just another corrupt fail by Obama that will go off in his face having done this move by himself...you have to wonder if the people around him are setting him up for this insanity, nobody can be this stupid without having a reason.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

Apparently we do not have the power to impeach anyone... Apparently we live in a communist state now.

Ahhh yes, the race card, it has been played sense the beginning why worry about it now.

Just because we live in a country where people can't seem to look beyond there skin color does not make America a communist country.

We as Americans should be better then the race baiters and impeach this clown just like we would any white man that had perpetrated one of the atrocities that Obama has .

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I'm all for it, in fact, it needs done immediately and all power taken from him from this second.

But if he is not impeached, then we live in a communist state. Period.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

Not gone, in for a very long hibernation, followed by an even longer recovery period, we can weather the storm. Generations from now our legacy will guide our nation into a new future...

What doesn't kill us off completely will make our descendents stronger.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

If he is not impeached and Hillary is elected then you may be right.

I see your point B

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
i read this on the other place. im in two minds on this guy.

A woman posted this on her Facebook....... Forwarded from Jeff Howard. "We were at OP Mest, Paktika Province, Afghanistan. It was a small outpost where B Co 1-501st INF (Airbone) ran operations out of, just an Infantry platoon and ANA counterparts there. The place was an Afghan graveyard. Bergdahl had been acting a little strange, telling people he wanted to "walk the earth" and kept a little journal talking about how he was meant for better things. No one thought anything about it. He was a little “out there”. Next morning he's gone. We search everywhere, and can't find him. He left his weapon, his kit, and other sensitive items. He only took some water, a compass and a knife. We find some afghan kids shortly after who saw an american walking north asking about where the taliban are. We get hits on our voice intercepter that Taliban has him, and we were close. We come to realize that the kid deserted his post, snuck out of camp and sought out Taliban… to join them. We were in a defensive position at OP Mest, where your focus is to keep people out. He knew where the blind spots were to slip out and that's what he did. It was supposed to be a 4-day mission but turned into several months of active searching. Everyone was spun up to find this guy. News outlets all over the country were putting out false information. It was hard to see, especially when we knew the truth about what happened and we lost good men trying to find him. PFC Matthew Michael Martinek, Staff Sgt. Kurt Robert Curtiss, SSG Clayton Bowen, PFC Morris Walker, SSG Michael Murphrey, 2LT Darryn Andrews, were all KIA from our unit who died looking for Bergdahl. Many others from various units were wounded or killed while actively looking for Bergdahl. Fighting Increased. IEDs and enemy ambushes increased. The Taliban knew that we were looking for him in high numbers and our movements were predictable. Because of Bergdahl, more men were out in danger, and more attacks on friendly camps and positions were conducted while we were out looking for him. His actions impacted the region more than anyone wants to admit. There is also no way to know what he told the Taliban: Our movements, locations, tactics, weak points on vehicles and other things for the enemy to exploit are just a few possibilities. The Government knows full well that he deserted. It looks bad and is a good propaganda piece for the Taliban. They refuse to acknowledge it. Hell they even promoted him to Sergeant which makes me sick. I feel for his family who only want their son/brother back. They don’t know the truth, or refuse to acknowledge it as well. What he did affected his family and his whole town back home, who don’t know the truth. Either way what matters is that good men died because of him. He has been lying on all those Taliban videos about everything since his “capture”. If he ever returns, he should be tried under the UCMJ for being a deserter and judged for what he did. Bergdahl is not a hero, he is not a soldier or an Infantryman. He failed his brothers. Now, sons and daughters are growing up without their fathers who died for him and he will have to face that truth someday.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LarryLove
Very true. It also is about who you have chosen to be,what feels right,instinct.
If you just wander in you are not going to survive intact as you any more.Either way it was an illegal act ,by the POTUS...again.

Has anyone discussed how many were lost attempting to recover him?
Personally it stinks enough to make me want this kid to be watched carefully. By ours not theirs.

edit on 1-6-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: Forgot to mention...

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LarryLove
a reply to: haven123

You realise that the paper you link to is a notorious anti-Islamic rag forged and sold in the tabloid gutter for the less critically minded of folk in the UK. The editor is known for truth bending. The Daily 'Fail' is a less than creditable news source and akin to the nonsense Fox spouts in the States.

While you make a good point about the Daily Fail, erm I mean Mail, if you read the article it does day that it was The Sunday Times that broke the story and, as you are no doubt aware, that is a more reliable source (if any MSM source can be reliable)

There's definitely something fishy going on here and no mistake. I had seen the news about the soldiers release but didn't know any of the details until now. This is definitely a story worth following...

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The strategy should be clear now, the Obama administration wants to end the war in Afghanistan, and to appease the Taliban, which will certainly return to power in that region. Basically undoing the whole war, and having our forces leave in disgrace, all who fought there fought for nothing in the end.

This captive was a willing participant in a plot to free Taliban detainees, it took years, and in the end Susan Rice claims they didn't have 30 days, it was that urgent to make this swap.

Just like that, soon we are right back where we were the day after 9/11.

The price for appeasment and weakness will eventually be high.

IMO

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Wow, so this "prisoner of war" celebrated the holidays, drank tea, and played badminton with his captors.
www.afp.com...
While teaching them how to make bombs.
www.dailymail.co.uk...
And was traded without Congressional approval, also breaking the rule of negotiating with terrorists.
www.theblaze.com...
And his dads message on release is happiness that the terrorists were out of Guantanamo. And hoped for all of them to be released.
www.theblaze.com...
This doesn't smell right.
edit on 1-6-2014 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Big deal…there’s a lot of western fundamentalist Muslims; this may be a case of that.

The Taliban, Al Qaeda types, and the Obama, neo con and neo liberals WILL LIKELY ALL GO TO HELL
They ALL have the blood of civilians on their hands.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

If the Taliban wanted him dead then he would have been dead. They don't keep you alive cause you are able to adapt to their way of life...
What he did is not what you are taught to do when "captured" you don't become buddy buddy with your captors.
I forget the exact wording but they tell you to say nothing but one thing and that is just about your rights as a pow.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LarryLove

Yes that is correct , your an adult at 29 by nature.
1%

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
This is nothing more than a wag the dog drama, put on to distract the attention off of the VA scandal. "We leave no soldier behind". What about the ones in Benghazi?

It's all just a fabricated story to keep you busy.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

In my view...that is total rubbish.

The guy and his Father are smart, and because they are both smart - he's still alive and well.

What, d'you seriously think the guy wouldn't know his captors would be reading and analysing every word he'd written home?

Of course he knew they would, and of course, like anyone in a similar situation that preferred to walk out alive, he played his captors, just like i would have tried to do.

And he was convincing enough to be kept alive.

You're essentially condemning the poor bloke for engineering his own survival, acting and speaking to his captors in such a manner that kept him alive and pulling a very smart and long con game on his captors and getting away with it.

My opinion, the dumb thing to have done in the same situation would have been the exact opposite of what he did.

I'm on the fence about this. It makes sense that someone would try to protect themselves against captors, but BEFORE being captured he sent and Email to his parents saying he's ashamed of being American, and his fellow soldiers say he is a deserter. It makes me think maybe he is the traitor people say he is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join