It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Pyramid on the Faroe Islands?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
This is a Giant Pyramid on one of the Faroe Islands (or should I say Pharao Islands?). Its known as a natural pyramid, but after viewing a few pictures of it on Google, some things about it look suspiciously artificial. For one, there are the straight lines that make up the sides and then there are step-like features that are especially visible when looking at the peak. Could this be a super-ancient Pyramid that has merely been overgrown and eroded to a point where we do not recognize it as artificial anymore? Your guess is as good as mine.

I`d say that some of our ATSers living on the Faroe Islands should get out there and have a look and take some pictures but unfortunately there are not many people living there, so the chances of an ATSer actually being a Faroer are slim.

Its on the southermost island near a village called Lopra. The mountain itself is called Kirvi. I don't know any more about it than whats available by Google which is why some field research would be great. Research items might be whether there are legends surrounding the place, what the ancient situation there was and whether photos from various angles could be taken to get a clearer idea.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
In the second picture there almost looks as there is another mountain/pyramid behind it.
But in the end it does look like a step pyramid which would be indicative to that time but the area?

Very interesting, I'm going to google it right now.
Having an issue pinpointing it, gps coords?

I found another small photo.
edit on 6/1/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Looking at GoogleEarth, 2 things stand out:
1) there is what appears to be a pressure ridge running across the island that ends at the "pyramids" on its western side

2) There is a 1.5 mile Sumba tunnel through the ridge very near the pyramids.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

One wonders how the rock was carved / eroded to the same angle, to the same height in the following picture. The mountain with an apparently flat surface, 2nd from the end, lines up with the one at the end. Strange.

this

source picture from wikipedia

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The northern most of the Faroe islands has strings of similar pyramid shaped hills.
www.flickr.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tusks
Looking at GoogleEarth, 2 things stand out:
1) there is what appears to be a pressure ridge running across the island that ends at the "pyramids" on its western side

2) There is a 1.5 mile Sumba tunnel through the ridge very near the pyramids.

Got the coordinates on that? Thank you

The picture you posted above seems to be the same mountain/pyramid btw.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Am posting so I can come back to this...

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNaR

One wonders how the rock was carved / eroded to the same angle, to the same height in the following picture. The mountain with an apparently flat surface, 2nd from the end, lines up with the one at the end. Strange.

Thats interesting....thanks for pointing it out.
edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Natural or not you have to ask.....what is the reason that we started building pyramids in the first place in the shape they are in. Man parrots things, he will build something that he has seen. If this is the basis for the idea of the pyramids, it means the culture of people at that place either made an impression on others or settled in another area and made similar mountains artificially. Now this probably means that they either had armies to force others to work or became people of great wisdom and conned the people into building the pyramids to attract commerce and tourist activity.

Man did not come up with the idea of building pyramids on their own. Something influenced us.

This could have also been a natural mountain that some ancient people cultured into a big garden terrace. This would greatly increase the growing potential of the island. Our ancestors were not dumb, they had a lot of intelligence even though they did not know a lot of words. They could make the best of anything. Now, we have more knowledge and less creativity in our societies. We only see what we know, at least the ones who have memorized a lot of words and presently accepted as important idealogies. We are steering far of track from what is important.....survival adaptability.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

For one, there are the straight lines that make up the sides and then there are step-like features that are especially visible when looking at the peak.

Some see "pyramids", i see layers of volcanic rock being erroded, mountains are pointy at the top getting more pointy as they errode ending with being flat or dome shaped as the slopes gets less steep.

I have been to Faroe Islands 10 or so times and been sailing around the Island visiting several small villages, beautifull but barren place never saw any pyramids though.

This pic is from Klaksvik Faroe island.

edit on 1-6-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Natural or not you have to ask.....what is the reason that we started building pyramids in the first place in the shape they are in. Man parrots things, he will build something that he has seen. If this is the basis for the idea of the pyramids, it means the culture of people at that place either made an impression on others or settled in another area and made similar mountains artificially. Now this probably means that they either had armies to force others to work or became people of great wisdom and conned the people into building the pyramids to attract commerce and tourist activity.

Man did not come up with the idea of building pyramids on their own. Something influenced us.

This could have also been a natural mountain that some ancient people cultured into a big garden terrace. This would greatly increase the growing potential of the island. Our ancestors were not dumb, they had a lot of intelligence even though they did not know a lot of words. They could make the best of anything. Now, we have more knowledge and less creativity in our societies. We only see what we know, at least the ones who have memorized a lot of words and presently accepted as important idealogies. We are steering far of track from what is important.....survival adaptability.

Think back to when you were a child with building blocks,a pyramid was the easiest structure to build vertically other than a straight wall.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

Gambrial style roofs are harder and more expensive to build yet people like this style. It almost seems like people are attracted to certain pitches of roofs.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
[
This pic is from Klaksvik Faroe island.

Its a beautiful mountain...but it really does look like a mountain / natural, compared to the other.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

What i wanted to show is the pyramidal shape the mountains take in Faroe Islands simply because of the layered volcanic sediments, layer after layer of "loose" ash and lava.

The wind erosion makes sharp edges where water erosion makes round edges, which can be seen in the photo i embedded, the same goes for your pic's, though the mountains in your pic's are more on an island ( first pic ) where the one i show raises out of the water.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I could accept single anomaly as natural but when you have regularity to both the angles of inclination and the squaring of the faces it seems far more than what nature alone could create. Not impossible but far less likely. Really neat find Sky, I have heard legends of Atlantis being in the North Atlantic. Who knows?

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

I see. It shows how the layers aren't artificial but rather what mountains look like there.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Exactly, you can find the same natural formation in Iceland as it too is made from volcanos and have loose layers of ash and lava, mind you these two islands are constantly being made and eroded, they don't have the time to turn into solid rock like you would otherwise see on mountain ranges formed by continental plates colliding, though Faroe Islands are not as volcanic active as Iceland .

The best example i could find from Iceland.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
going by the strata that seem to line up from one object-in-question to the next, as seen in this image from the OP, I'd say the the objects-in-question are mountains:

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
What do you guys say to the top of it, on the third picture? Its funny how nature could form a near perfect pyramid...

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This angle is impressive:

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join