It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want my vote? Promise to prosecute, not pardon, political criminals. Starting with former Presidents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
If everyone held this political view maybe we could even end political corruption. In reality exiting presidents pardon political criminals and SELL PRESIDENTIAL PARDONS! I would vote for anyone of either party or neither party that would make it first priority to go after ex-presidents on down for violations of federal law and breeches of the constitution and PROSECUTE TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW!!!

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Would the current president be exempt from this?

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
As long as there is profit to be made in politics, there will be corruption. It has only gotten worse. If politicians were required to live a minimalist lifestyle, with basic needs provided to have a comfortable living, and every detail of their behavior closely monitored, we would only have politicians who chose to take the job because they actually care about the people. As it stands, we are a nation run by greedy sociopaths.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
That precedent will NEVER be set in america.

No president is going to open himself up for future prosecution. Not to mention, while i like the idea in theory, i question whether or not it would be the right move.

Ive long made my opinion of ALL established politicians known, and its not good. But the simple fact is that the president is privy to A LOT of information that we are not, on a daily basis. Seeking to prosecute when we dont have all of the information is a slippery slope.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I don't think that precedent will be set in the USA.

If I prosecute the previous president then I may be prosecuted when my term is over, no thanks...

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

If all it takes is a promise you will be very upset when they break it... just like so many things promised have been. They make promises with fingers crossed.

Not even the promise would do us any good.

N/A
edit on 31-5-2014 by NotApplicable because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

Would the current president be exempt from this?

He inspired it.
(among others)
edit on 31-5-2014 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Yes
Yes Yes
Yes Yes Yes !

Yes! Yes! YES YES!
YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe if there were consequences beyond not being re-elected
The Change we are promised would actually benefit us
Not THEM!

X

new topics