It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden says U.S Gov Had All Info Needed To Detect 9/11 Plot - NBC censors it

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

The words I want to hear from Mr Snowden lips are "false flag" in regards to 9/11

the science already proves that.......why are we still here talking?

we should be walking.....

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Snowdens public opinions of 9/11 are in the same range as Ron Paul's.

These are both smart guys, they know, they just won't ever say it publicly.
They have seen what has happened to others that have gone public with this.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Most of what you say is true, but there are shades of gray, and more to it.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
In the end, what Snowden said is basically a vindication of the old LIHOP theory.

As for me, I think it's more complex than LIHOP.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

My immediate sense is that in any production of that type there is a limiting factor (time) that always results in film "being left on the editing floor" and not included in the broadcast.

The 9/11 information is neither new, nor is it revolutionary in any sense. The main aspect of the Snowden information relates to the spying on our allies and our citizens. Therefore something that is neither timely, nor new information would not be critical and hence edited out.

I see no particular conspiracy here...more like ho-hum, yawn.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Agreed! Our current state of the State would send our founding Fathers into apoplexy.

My opinion is also that Snowden is a patriot.

I am not even sure that he had any real options in how he did it if he wanted to remain free. If he had remained in the US and released his info straight to the media, who is to say that he would have disappeared along with all the data?

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: teapot

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
from Benswann.com:

In the allegedly censored clip, Snowden also reveals that the U.S. had all of the intelligence regarding the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, 2001 but we unable to connect the dots.
“You know this is a key question that the 9/11 commission considered, and what they found in the postmortem when they looked at all the classified intelligence from all the different intelligence agencies, they found that we had all of the information we needed as an intelligence community, as a classified sector, as the national defense of the United States, to detect this plot,” Snowden said.
“We actually had records of the phone calls from the United States and out. The CIA knew who these guys were. The problem was not that we weren’t collecting information, it wasn’t that we didn’t have enough dots, it wasn’t that we didn’t have a haystack, it was that we did not understand the haystack that we had.”

Why did NBC not air this part of the interview? Is there any "new" information we can gleen from Snowdens remarks?

Maybe not new information, just confirmation that US intelligence services are not sufficiently competent to defend US soil? The segment was cut so as to not harm national confidence in the government and it's agencies?

Um.. wouldnt the attack itself pretty much confirm the incompetency regarding defending US soil? Words uttered by Snowden pale in comparison to the event itself. There is no need to "confirm".....

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
Snowdens public opinions of 9/11 are in the same range as Ron Paul's.

These are both smart guys, they know, they just won't ever say it publicly.
They have seen what has happened to others that have gone public with this.

Exactly, and if Snowden was any sort of real threat to the establishment he would have been killed when he first went awol. He's just another mouth piece for the bull$hit factory.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The funniest part of all this is how this probably grates at many here who both supported that 9/11 was an inside job, and then later praised Snowden for being a truthful hero. Once Snowden reveals something that is diametrically opposed to what many here believed in the past.. you have to choose a side. Must be a bummer for those who believe every single theory that comes down the pike.

Personally, I don't think 9/11 was an inside job, and as far as Snowden goes, I feel it was needed at a time where some parts of the government felt they were above all laws. I don't think the U.S. government is wrong in their belief that he is a traitor, because he was. Hero to many (including me), but.. yea.. there are secrets that really should remain secret, and it doesn't help to have someone like Snowden revealing as much info as he is. So I hope he remains free forever, and taught the alphabet agencies a bit of a lesson about thinking they are above all reproach.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Agreed...

There would be no need to for 9/11 to be an inside job, as normally inferred, anymore than Pearl Harbor would have needed to be a conducted false flag. All the US would have to do is allow either to happen...no need to do it ourselves.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
We knew this. I mean that's one part of the 9/11 story that has been proven. We knew these guys we were tracking some of them, they were on lists, there were warnings from federal agents. We knew these guys were shady and in the US. Yet we did nothing about them. This has all been proven. I mean there are reams of information. this part of the story get's lost amid all the other 9/11 conspiracy/truth/history/whatever stuff.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

whatreallyhappened.com...

topinfopost.com... kers-were-alive-and-well

such inconvenient facts for the bull$hit 911 coincidence theory.
anyone who legitimizes any part of it is either a shill or really naive.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
The funniest part of all this is how this probably grates at many here who both supported that 9/11 was an inside job, and then later praised Snowden for being a truthful hero. Once Snowden reveals something that is diametrically opposed to what many here believed in the past.. you have to choose a side. Must be a bummer for those who believe every single theory that comes down the pike.

Personally, I don't think 9/11 was an inside job, and as far as Snowden goes, I feel it was needed at a time where some parts of the government felt they were above all laws. I don't think the U.S. government is wrong in their belief that he is a traitor, because he was. Hero to many (including me), but.. yea.. there are secrets that really should remain secret, and it doesn't help to have someone like Snowden revealing as much info as he is. So I hope he remains free forever, and taught the alphabet agencies a bit of a lesson about thinking they are above all reproach.

How do you propose that anything he said is contrary to the theory 9/11 was an inside job? You can't make an argument from absence. He didn't come out and say it wasn't an inside job, he simply stated all the evidence indicates the government was aware of the plot. That is something that most conspiracy theorists knew already.

I don't think Snowden would come right out and say 9/11 was an inside job anyways, even if that is what he believes. As others have pointed out, it would diminish his credibility in the mainstream media, and that is something he probably wishes to maintain until such time as his future safety and well being are no longer in jeopardy (which will likely never happen).

As for those that have indicated that a "let it happen on purpose" theory somehow indicates there were no complicit parties within the U.S government, that simply isn't true. Hypothetically speaking, if you were a shadowy government cabal with the intention of initiating a false flag attack, there would be no better way to cover your tracks then to use a pre-existing plot from an unrelated party. Said cabal could (hypothetically speaking) nudge the plot along, stymy any attempts to expose it, and even go so far as to insure it succeeded at all costs, which would make it guilty of conspiring within its own means against the people it is supposed to serve. These are all hypothetical scenarios of course, but I don't view Snowden's comments as indicative of outward support for the OS.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
In other words, the NSA has all the tools necessary to detect 9/11, but they could not put it together.

it wasn’t that we didn’t have enough dots, it wasn’t that we didn’t have a haystack, it was that we did not understand the haystack that we had.” -

Snowden basically is saying their is no 9/11 conspiracy. I bet many posting here on this thread are the same who say the US are behind the attacks, yet here we have Snowden himself saying the official story is actually correct. We know some people were aware of some suspicious activity, yet they could not piece the puzzle together.

I for one think the attacks happened just the way we are told by officials, except for one major point, there were some people in higher positions that knew something big was coming and didn't do anything to stop it. These officials used the attacks as a way to exploit laws and our constitution and take away certain freedoms that we have enjoyed in the past.

In other words, I believe some officials understood the haystack, they just ignored it, and exploited the tragedy.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

he simply stated all the evidence indicates the government was aware of the plot.

No, he said all the pieces were there, they just didn't understand how to piece them all together and figure out what was going to happen. Nowhere did he say the government was aware of the plot.

I believe Snowden is saying they have information on everything and everyone and looking back they probably could pull the list of those involved and see the plot clearly. There is so much information collected and stored that they dont have they didn't have the resources to connect all the dots.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tide88

Yet in your previous post you indicated you believed certain people knew it was coming and purposely let it happen (which I agree with, btw). So which is it? Did anyone in the U.S government know of the plot and consciously fail to act in your opinion? You seem to be saying 2 different things.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
a reply to: tide88

Yet in your previous post you indicated you believed certain people knew it was coming and purposely let it happen (which I agree with, btw). So which is it? Did anyone in the U.S government know of the plot and consciously fail to act in your opinion? You seem to be saying 2 different things.

I am saying one thing, Snowden is saying another. What I believe may have happened doesn't reflect what Snowden said.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Of course they did. The information was fragmented and held between the three intelligence agencies, NSA, CIA and FBI. With those guys it's all about a power play. They don't want to share the info they have with anyone, especially their rival agencies. If they had just got together and put all the pieces of the puzzle on the table we wouldn't even be talking about a 9/11.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The problem I have with Snowden is yes he brought foward secret programs that not only we didn't know about but probably most of congress. Now our enemies have a window into how we collect data on them and have changed the way we do business. In my opinion freedom isnt free. I'm willing to give up some privacy issue in order to keep future attacks from happening, and Al Quaida has no plans on stopping the programs of terror.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: lme7898354
The problem I have with Snowden is yes he brought foward secret programs that not only we didn't know about but probably most of congress. Now our enemies have a window into how we collect data on them and have changed the way we do business. In my opinion freedom isnt free. I'm willing to give up some privacy issue in order to keep future attacks from happening, and Al Quaida has no plans on stopping the programs of terror.

Yet the evidence seems to indicate this isn't the case, and super surveillance programs bog down these agencies abilities to focus on real plots because of information overload (if Snowden is to be believed).

From a personal standpoint, I do not agree with giving up freedom for security. If we look at the issue philosophically, doing this essentially hands terrorists a moral victory. How can we claim a victory if we are willingly giving up our way of life and our freedoms to deal with their threats? That seems to be playing into their very agenda, and acquiescing to their ultimate goal of imposing strict Sharia law on the whole of the earths people (a loss of freedom). I personally feel that not one inch of ground should be given over to them in the way of civil liberties.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join