It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Bowl On Mars Found By Curiosity Rover, May 2014

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Remember this Image ? I never heard if it was " Explained Away " yet by NASA as being Nothing More than an Odd Shaped Rock .

i297.photobucket.com...
edit on 1-6-2014 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I do not recall seeing or hearing about this.....what was the ruling?

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I never heard if it was " Explained Away " yet by NASA as being Nothing More than an Odd Shaped Rock

That's because if NASA commented on every odd shaped Mars rock they'd get no science done , The picture is pretty poor but chances are it's just an odd shaped rock.

edit on 2-6-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091

I do not recall seeing or hearing about this.....what was the ruling?

Looks like it could be a silicate bubble that has been broken exposing the hollow interior. There are other hollow formations in that image.

Eg at 11 o'clock from it here:

And another (I don't agree with the "seashell" interpretation but this was the best pic I could find quickly)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Here is my interpretation without even looking at the forum posts and looks like gortex beat me to it..

If there are any ruins or dishes lol.. they would be buried far far below because of the sand and rock that form on top!

Let's assume there was Lemur and ancient civs moved from Mars to Earth... so many years ago, so many layers on the surface of Mars would form, one would need ARCHEOLOGICAL excavation to find anything if at all!

edit on 2-6-2014 by LightYearsAhead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Pretty speechless.

As already mentioned, this looks like nothing more than three separate rocks pertruding from the soil.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

thank you Rob.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX The public pays, the public get the lions share of the say.

Should the public also get to design the space shuttles with cool flames and spoilers and using gasoline for fuel? Should they listen to those who say the rover's path should go off sweet jumps to study Mars' gravity? Cause they're members of the public too.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
I don´t agree with "leaving it to the experts"
expert is not a protected title, so we can all call us that.

But we really aren't all experts on Mars and rovers, are we? Even if the public input was used, who in the public would we listen to? The guy who wants to look at every "anomalous" rock? The guy who wants to drive to the face of Mars because he thinks its a real face? The guy who wants to drive in tiny circles to study how circles work on Mars? The guy who wants to drive it off a cliff because he thinks the whole project is an affront to the Lord? The guy who wants to make it do wheelies cause they're cool? They're all members of the public, who do we decide who to listen to? Experts maybe?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join