It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Bowl On Mars Found By Curiosity Rover, May 2014

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I just noticed the Scott C Waring video , this is the guy that thinks Cassini landed on Titan ! , isn't it time to stop listening to him and giving him hit$ , his ignorance is undeniable.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Bloody ridiculous.

It is part of a rock!!

I can see that those curves you think are part of this 'Bowl' are actually 2 separate rocs behind the first one as others have stated.

Why do we get these silly posts on ATS?

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Cause op thought he/she saw a bowl. More then welcome to post it. Not the first and won't be the last "look what I found" post about mars

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48

Looks to me like a flattish triangular rock with two other rocks behind creating an illusion. Should be easily seen from other photos from different angles, but I am not in a position to check now.

Seriously, leave Mars exploration to the experts. If the YouTubers were in charge, Curiosity would have travelled about half a mile and examined every rock on the way!

Once I looked at it with your explanation / way of looking at it, yes I can say it seem more likely to be rocks than what at first appeared be a bowl.....

Good eye....

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Wow

Really?

Just getting ridiculous now

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I like the alien grey selfie on the huge rock on the top right can u see it ! Far more probable then the 3 rocks it's defo an alien grey graffiti artist at work !

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
As much as I want there to be proof of life on mars....... this one is simply just a rock and illusion.....

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Look at it very close it is not a bowl at all just rocks in a strange formation.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I have to agree, it"s three rocks. Shadows are creating an optical illusion. The first time I looked at it I thought it was quite unusual and man made until Rob48 pointed it out. I would think the only way to declare something on Mars is not a rock, is if it doesn't have the same color as the surrounding rocks. Light and shadows in Mars photos certainly can play tricks on the mind.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I don't even know how anyone could even see a bowl. I can only see those three rocks.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Even Arken isn't claiming this to be anything other than rocks.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I have a problem with these pictures..

the shadow direction is off.. ~!

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Well, we've found their ancient bowls. Now to hunt for their ancient water bongs.

Ha, this is clearly three separate rocks.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: IamAbeliever
Well, we've found their ancient bowls. Now to hunt for their ancient water bongs.

Ha, this is clearly three separate rocks.

i reckon the guy in the OP video already found them!

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
No, its not a bowl. How could anyone think that? It is a shoe or slipper. Martians don't use bowls but they wear boots.
cheers

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Like most people have said on here, I think a few rocks behind it give it the impression of a bowl. Actually no it doesn't. I could see it within a few seconds.
Always interesting when finds like this come up though. As long as people are still looking for something that's good.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48

Looks to me like a flattish triangular rock with two other rocks behind creating an illusion.

Ba-BAAAAAAM! Way ta knock down the tray theory!

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Throughout my life, I have often pondered if Mars at any point in it's existence had a civilization on it.

With that said, I'm getting really tired of people spotting rocks, and claiming it's something that it's not. I'm sorry, nothing in that picture looks like a bowl. It's especially obvious when a picture of a bowl is next to the rocks.

Good grief, stop giving attention to the people who make these ridiculous claims. >_

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Doesn't no 1 think the face on the wall is more probable

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile
Like you I too have thought/wondered about past life on Mars. I have heard reports now that say Mars had water and was more prone to possible life before we were on Earth. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we finally find out for sure, if it did or does have some possible life. I also wonder what NASA knows and does not say.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join