It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism is being used to divide us - here's how to beat it

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The ATS assumptions about race in the UK is pretty funny, tbh.

I don't have the exact figures to hand, but 3% of the UK is black and about 5% are Asian (Pakistani/Indian/Bangla etc etc).

This will rise over time, of course, but of that 8% - the very vast majority of them consider themselves British. I live in a 'Muslim-heavy' city and the majority of second generation kids who are Muslim will happily eat a bacon sandwich or drink a pint. It's like Catholics who are happy to wear a condom.

The UK is a tiny island, yet there's plenty of room for all cultures and people. There's barely a native Brit who still lives on this island. Both natives and incomers have to learn to compromise though... it's not a one-way street. Remember this, there's nothing more British than a few pints and then a curry. That's British compromise in action.

And don't start with your Britain under Sharia Law nonsense, for crying out loud.

edit on 1-6-2014 by KingIcarus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: loveguy
Hey, you know what I don't understand?

In the military (outsider observation); racism is pretty much non-existent.

I bet all kinds of racial infighting takes place on the battlefield; brothers in arms?

I hope the POTUS isn't racist and making the top brass he may be prejudiced against all resign?

Throw a couple brothers in the mix to create a misty fog?

Racism only affects those who allow it to?

Unfortunately I must disagree with this last part, racism is denial, bigotry and a form of attack. Though you can turn the other cheek, you still get the bill for your smashed out windows.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

Well your right in that no one needs to fight over the color of a mans skin, that's silly, but there is something to said for segregation.

Segregation is NOT the same as Racism. Too many ATS'ers often confuse the two. (not saying you are, just making a point)

There are Many Great reasons for segregation be it whites segregating themselves from Blacks or Hispanics or they segregating themselves from us whites. We all have our own cultures and many times these differences cause problems for different ethnic groups when they mix. If we did not have this problem created by the ethnic groups themselves, there would be no need for segregation - yet the ethnic groups demand segregation because they will not change.

It's all very nice to think we could all the the same and live happily ever after but that's an unrealistic pipe dream because none of the 3 major ethnic groups mentioned will do it properly. We would have to erase those differences that cause strife between us but once you do that.. you strip away the black and Hispanics culture, history and way of life - thats not fair to them or us so you have a catch 22. This is the problem with making all of us into cookie cutter copies.

One of my best friends is Hispanic and he hates "spics" - I also have black friends who hates "_iggers". These are not racist terms because they are used by the person of the same ethnic group to describe a felling of unease toward a fellow of the same ethnic group. They make the distinction the same way I do - it's not about skin color, it's how people choose to act. I'm white so it would not be racist of me to say, "I don't like that honky trailer trash"

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

Muslims I can live with. They are peaceful people despite their reputation in the jewish media.

Indian, Pakistan and Chinese need to check their BS at the door. They totally effed their countries up with their cultural crap and now the infection is spreading.

Wow.. really. tell you what.. go study the history of Muslim conquest and see how they go into and take over the country they choose to occupy. They use a simple pattern - always over the centuries - without fail - and it's all for the jihad - even though you have many Muslims in places like America who do not agree with the jihad - they are very Few compared to those Muslim fundamentalists that do. I'm not even talking about the Extremist here, but only the lesser of the two evils the fundamentalists. Look around in the UK and see how the Muslims have forced you guys to cater to their illegal Islamic courts and their wacky racist, woman hating, false religion arbitration scheme. Thats how they do it.. i't all written down already for you to see. They have gotten foothold in the UK and we in America are fighting to keep from majorly screwing our citizens like the UK did it theirs and allowing terrorist to operate openly in plain sight. These guys are The Threat that Indian, Pakistan and Chinese will never be because their Jihad is a deeply held religious ritual.
edit on 1-6-2014 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
the muslims have no interest of leaving their culture behind and becoming pure British. They are not their to leave their old culture behind and accept the one in their new land. Their immigration was due to personal greed and what they could gain from it.

The countries of UK, USA, AUS and Canada should have been more wise and given the same deals to their respective people as all the handouts and catering to the foreigner. Too bad the UK didnt offer first to have people from the USA move there and get all the handouts the muslims get.

keep the few "white" countries for us, let the others have theirs and lets go our seperate ways

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
TexTo me, US, Canada, Australia, UK and South Africa are all my kin, and we are under massive cultural attack and that disgusts me.

- See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am replying to Hanzhenry who says and I code;
To me, US, Canada, Australia, UK and South Africa are all my kin, and we are under massive cultural attack and that disgusts me.

All the countries you've mentioned were stolen from the real natives of the land by the RACIST white man, which means that the land weren't their in the first place. Without slaves from Africa, the UK and US would have been nothing. When it comes to South Africa, Europeans( the Dutch and the Belgian and other white groups) fled Europe and established there and created apartheid which hasn't ended yet. So tell me who is stealing from whom?

The cultural attack Mr HANZHENRY is talking about is just the IMMIGRANTS COLLECTING WHAT WAS TAKEN FROM THEM BY THE RACIST SLAVE OWNERS, COLONISTS AND IMPERIALISTS. Even if they take for another 100yrs it will not still be enough...

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: susie123

the muslim conquests attacked and stole much from other people.

And here is another example, Italy and Greece. The African invaders raped and pillaged quite a few areas where the "racist" whites lived.

Point is, all races have had their ups and downs. When will it stop?
Perhaps the people I endear myself to should VIKING up and start raiding all those other cultures willing to destroy and mooch off ours? How would that work out, hint; good for us, bad for everyone else.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: susie123
TexTo me, US, Canada, Australia, UK and South Africa are all my kin, and we are under massive cultural attack and that disgusts me.

I am replying to Hanzhenry who says and I code;
To me, US, Canada, Australia, UK and South Africa are all my kin, and we are under massive cultural attack and that disgusts me.

All the countries you've mentioned were stolen from the real natives of the land by the RACIST white man, which means that the land weren't their in the first place. Without slaves from Africa, the UK and US would have been nothing. When it comes to South Africa, Europeans( the Dutch and the Belgian and other white groups) fled Europe and established there and created apartheid which hasn't ended yet. So tell me who is stealing from whom?

The cultural attack Mr HANZHENRY is talking about is just the IMMIGRANTS COLLECTING WHAT WAS TAKEN FROM THEM BY THE RACIST SLAVE OWNERS, COLONISTS AND IMPERIALISTS. Even if they take for another 100yrs it will not still be enough...

Oh ho ho ho no you dont. There is archalogical evidence to suggest the Native Americans were not actually the first people here. They themselves took the land from a previous people. So they are not innocent victims.

Also SLAVERY started in the MIDDLE EAST and actually is still practiced there. The Arabians,egyptians and alot of those people practiced it.(not a one of them White)

Africans SOLD THEIR OWN PEOPLE TO SLAVE TRADERS TOO. Accounts from some of the most prolific slave traders state without the help of the africans themselves they would not had been nearly as successful.(google it if you want to learn more)

ALso Alot of Immigrants you mention are not even related to any groups in the countrys mentioned and are just moving there.

(any capitilizaion was for emphasis alone so do not even go there)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnPhoenix

I don't need to research squat. I live in it bubs. Besides, historically Christians just as bad if not worse.

Religion does not threaten me. If it did I would probably start the Jews. If Muslims want to bury their heads in religion that is up to them and it does not bother or threaten me.

What does threaten me is that the western way of life was based on good faith, not religious faith. We trust each other to fill out our taxes correctly, don't cause a MVA just for the insurance money. When a home inspector leaves, the insulation in the walls should stay in there. When we sub-divide our homes we do it legally, when we shop we do it indiscriminately, we don't send our money back to the old country.

Religious people live within their faith, that is fine by me, it is their life. What bothers me is people that take advantage of the faith we put into them as fellow citizens and it will not work. They do not pay their foreign workers a minimum wage and only hire them. with that they can offer products and services for less which takes jobs and incomes away from those that spend within our economy, not the ethic sub-economies that have sprung up with mass immigration.

Canada and the US were built on mutual respect for one another as well as trust. I do not trust Indians, I do not trust Pakistanis, I do not trust Chinese (I'm married to one lol) , I do trust religion to a degree because they follow their faith.

India and Pakistan treat their women much worse than Iran does but since we have so many Indians and Pakistani here with so many votes our coward politicians let these crimes go as to not upset their vote. That is not right. Homosexuality is a against the law in India, held up by their supreme court. Russia does not allow open gay propaganda yet does not care what people do inside their bedroom and we demonize them. It is not fair. Make India, Pakistan and China accountable for their actions.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

yep! the oldest known remains found in North America are those of a "white" person.
10,000 years old.

Africans enslaved other africans for hundreds (read: thousands) of years before anyone else got involved in slavery.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
a reply to: JohnPhoenix

If Muslims want to bury their heads in religion that is up to them and it does not bother or threaten me.

when we shop we do it indiscriminately, we don't send our money back to the old country.

subjugation of women and "honor" rapes/killings bother me, and surely you also?

The sending money to their old country is devestating, it caused deficits, and takes money out of circulation. Picture the old bucket brigade fire fighting method. But, the bucket has a hole in it. Every person along the line has a bucket with less water in it.

When money it taken out of local circulation it is harmful. undeniable.

And, all the foreigners discriminate with the money they take from our culture and spent it primarily with people in their culture first and foremost. This PROVES they are against the natives and only here to TAKE and enrich their own culture/people at the expense of ours. Either by sending money away or discriminately doing business "with their own" who in turn send part of it out of the country their too, or use it to bring more of their people here!

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: HanzHenry
a reply to: Power_Semi

it isnt about the racism as much to me. I think it is about the difference in CULTURE.

I dont like certain cultures in my nation, leave your culture in the country it is from.

I agree with this...partly!
Culturalism (is that a word?) is not the same thing as racism. I live in the uk and I expect those who come here from other countries to bear in mind that I'm british and I should not have to change the way I live to suit them!

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: KingIcarus

I don't have the exact figures to hand, but 3% of the UK is black and about 5% are Asian (Pakistani/Indian/Bangla etc etc).

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.

Don't believe everything you read in the Guardian.

Wasn't there a survey recently that predicted that a third of the UK population - 33% - would be non-white by 2050?

I remember reading that 2%/3% mullarkey 30 years ago, at least.

And there are still 2%/3%?

Yeah, right.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: HanzHenry

I cannot say I am down with honor killings. I was under the impression though that that was done mostly by Hindus and Sihks hailing from India. I am not up on my religion. Are they not different than Muslims?

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
How are they using racism to divide us? when they pound multiculturalism down our throats every chance they get. My area is full of foreigners and other races and personally I think it's a cesspool. I have people from other countries staring at me like I'm the foreigner. They can take their multiculturalism and shove it. Call me what you will I don't like the other kind.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
What many here are heralding as the wonderful western culture must understand that your culture just a few decades ago was mired in a religious culture, as many of the (clinging to their religion and culture) Asiatics and Africans you so denounce are today doing.

It’s just that the western world was secularized before the African and Asiatic world was.

That’s the difference, as well the fact that the west stole and robbed from the third world through political colonization. en.wikipedia.org...

That’s why the west is so much more economically advanced than the third world NOT BECAUSE YOU ARE SMARTER! Or your culture is any better than anyone else’s.

What you also don’t understand is that those clinging to their own religion and culture are just living out their social conditioning. At least they have something that worked, somewhat, they have to fall back on.

What does the west have?

Indeed the west is the civilization that has and is further entering the unknown…something we call freedom, secularism, and corporate capitalism…. Something that may end up being more enslaving than any culture ever borne.

Indeed this “freedom” is evolving into a form of naked materialism that may be the worst thing the world has ever seen.

So if I were some of you I wouldn’t be so arrogant and think my western civilization is such a great thing.

With this new freedom and scientific secularism producing the atomic bomb, massive pollution and globalism…It may be the thing that, in the end, destroys all of us!

I guess for some that is something to be proud of…

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

What many here are heralding as the wonderful western culture must understand that your culture just a few decades ago was mired in a religious culture, as many of the (clinging to their religion and culture) Asiatics and Africans you so denounce are today doing.

It’s just that the western world was secularized before the African and Asiatic world was.

That’s the difference, as well the fact that the west stole and robbed from the third world through political colonization. en.wikipedia.org...

That’s why the west is so much more economically advanced than the third world NOT BECAUSE YOU ARE SMARTER! Or your culture is any better than anyone else’s.

What you also don’t understand is that those clinging to their own religion and culture are just living out their social conditioning. At least they have something that worked, somewhat, they have to fall back on.

What does the west have?

Indeed the west is the civilization that has and is further entering the unknown…something we call freedom, secularism, and corporate capitalism…. Something that may end up being more enslaving than any culture ever borne.

Indeed this “freedom” is evolving into a form of naked materialism that may be the worst thing the world has ever seen.

So if I were some of you I wouldn’t be so arrogant and think my western civilization is such a great thing.

With this new freedom and scientific secularism producing the atomic bomb, massive pollution and globalism…It may be the thing that, in the end, destroys all of us!

I guess for some that is something to be proud of…

What the west has might not be much and it might not be right but it is something and it is ours. Is western culture going to be eroded just because it is out numbered in global population? Is that fair?

Something to think about: The 2 countries the west are trying to quarrel with - Iran and Russia - are the 2 countries that immigrate to the west the least. If the nations we support like India Pakistan and China are so good, then why are their populations swarming to the west? This is as clear as mud.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

That’s because those countries still have a backwater of very poor people.

As well a strong technical culture where the US is an enticement.

Western culture, imo, is in trouble because it’s new. Modern secularism, scientism, corporate capitalism are all new to the human species. Any one of these ism’s can be a trigger of worldwide destruction, UNLESS we see this and try to settle our differences before it’s too late.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

A new study has found that at various times the British have invaded almost 90 per cent of the countries around the globe.

The analysis of the histories of the almost 200 countries in the world found only 22 which have never experienced an invasion by the British.

Among this select group of nations are far-off destinations such as Guatemala, Tajikistan and the Marshall Islands, as well some slightly closer to home, such as Luxembourg.

And you are bitching about a few culture issues in London? At least the Muslims in England came Legally, can't say the same for the Colonists in England's colourful past.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: MALBOSIA

That’s because those countries still have a backwater of very poor people.

As well a strong technical culture where the US is an enticement.

Western culture, imo, is in trouble because it’s new. Modern secularism, scientism, corporate capitalism are all new to the human species. Any one of these ism’s can be a trigger of worldwide destruction, UNLESS we see this and try to settle our differences before it’s too late.

It is new but it is orderly. The people in western culture BELIEVE in the government establishment and it's laws. That fact keeps the cracks sealed up enough that most wont take advantage of them for fear of social ridicule. There is no social ridicule for immigrant cultures that take advantage of the cracks. There can never be a 100% perfect system, in the end it takes social diligence and honesty. So how did it get this far? Because we were responsible, diligent and hard working. This economy was built on backs just as much as wits. The stigma of "hard working immigrants" is BS in my opinion. I have worked with many. They may be willing to punch in the hours but as far as production goes I find them lazy and always looking for the easy way out.

What was built in the west is amazing because it is something we believed in without a god or a dictator. Substitute our products and services with what ever you please. The social system is working. Not so much in the states but the British empire is thriving. All that needs to happen now is nationalize all commodity industries and let the kids play. I know I will catch flack for that one lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join